News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EdnaSings

EdnaSings Profile Photo
Member Name: EdnaSings
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jerry Springer - The Opera forced to stay off Broadway
 Feb 27 2005, 01:43:51 PM
When JSTO was aired on television, a number of people's lives were threatened.
Now that was just this countries reaction to it, I think they're also scared of the reaction of such a larger country.
It was absolutely ridiculous how many people compained that hadn't even seen the show, heard any of the songs or anything. They just knew what they'd be told by other people. I will never understand how people can do that. If you you think it's ofeensive then don't watch it, you have a choice

re: Jerry Springer - The Opera forced to stay off Broadway
 Feb 26 2005, 09:20:03 PM
I saw the show only a few weeks ago and personally my opinion was that I loved it.
Now I know there are people who didn't like it, found it offensive etc, and they're entitled to their opinion, if thats what they think then fair enough.
I found the show funny, brave, intelligent and at the end of the day, just an all round entertaining adult piece of work.
It's thought provoking and NOT to be taken seriously.
At the performance I saw, people did indeed walk out, but before han

re: Ellen Greene on Hallmark Channel
 Feb 26 2005, 03:16:55 PM
Personally I think she has a wonderful voice and she is also a very inspiring actress. But then again I think most of the people and stuff that gets talked about on this board is bollocks, but I just keep quiet, because as my mother always told me, if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...

I just ask you respect that I am a fan as is Parker and to not make us feel bad for being so. We are entitled to our opinion as is everyone else. Don't take the piss out o

re: Ellen Greene on Hallmark Channel
 Feb 26 2005, 12:01:15 PM
I'm so jealous! I love Ellen (hence my avatar) and am gutted to not get a chance to see it, I can only hope they show it here in the UK.
What was it all about and who did Ellen play?

edna xoxo

re: Oliviers being announced now - Mary wins Best Actress
 Feb 24 2005, 02:36:39 PM
Slightly OT but not but...
My favourite Oliviers moment was deffinately Martine McNuggets (I refuse to spell her name correctly, you know Tiffaneeee! from Eastenders...) win for My Fair Lady, Jonathon Pryce's face was priceless, I recorded it thankfully and put that moment on just to cheer myself up sometimes... It still makes me giggle as much as when she said something along the lines of "I'm so surprised!" and someone yelled "So are we!"

re: Showstoppers - Witnessed Accounts of Show-Stopping Moments
 Feb 24 2005, 02:33:13 PM
Well these are from the West-End so apologies...

1. Alison Jiear's "I just wanna ****ing dance" from Jerry Springer The Opera. People went crazy, some were cheering (I vaguely remember someone waving a sign that said "Just f**king dance cause we love you!", everyone loved it, at the end for the curtain call people were screaming for her.

2. Ryan Molloy's entrance in Jerry Springer the Opera, as Tremont the transexual, singing "I'm a man/Talk to the hand" again people went craz

re: David Bedella ?
 Feb 15 2005, 03:09:40 PM
Completely going through a David Bedella phase myself!
Not sure what cast recordings he is also on, but apparently he can be seen in Alexander (who'd of thought it!?) as Cadmos directed by Oliver Stone. Maitre D ub Batman - The Intimidation Game and Trinny (where's Susanna?) in Red Light Runners all for release this year.
Apparently he was Frank N Furter in a production of Rocky Horror oppositte Meat Loaf, what i'd give to see that...
All I know is my DVD of Jerry Springer The Ope

re: Im shocked!!
 Feb 12 2005, 01:14:25 PM
Madeline always makes me laugh in "Young Frankenstein" with the Sweet Mystery of life moment. Not only was it comically perfect, it was perefectly sung.
I did a huge Mel Brooks study at college (which was later thrown out by the board *grump*) and Young Frankenstein is one of my fave films (I even have a Young Frankenstein inspire tattoo on my life.. I need to get a hobby...) which obviously led me to fall madly in love with anything Madeline did. Blazing Saddles "It's twue, it's twue!" Gen

re: Kim Criswell
 Feb 12 2005, 01:07:56 PM
The last time I saw Kim was in "Some Enchanted Evening" A Richard Rogers Tribute at Theatre Royal Drury Lane, it's available on DVD (at least in the UK). I brought the DVD for Joanna Riding and Maureen Lipman, but I have to say Kim does a wonderful version of "I have Confidence" from Sound of Music and "Manhatten" (yes, I can't spell, I know this). Her "I Have Confidence" came with some wonderful guitar case swinging...
From her Bio on the DVD apparently she spends most of her time in London

re: Roles you wished you could play.......if you were the opposite sex.....
 Feb 6 2005, 02:43:09 PM
Well...

Darryl Van Horne - The Witches of Eastwick
Ian McShane murdered this role in the Original Cast at Drury Lane (listen to the CD for proof, it sounds painful!) but Clarke Peters nailed it completely! I'd love to do it simply to get to sing "Glory of Me" and "Dance with the Devil"

Jonathon/The Warm up man/Satan - Jerry Springer The Opera
For "Grilled and Roasted" mainly, but just so I could do the Jesus and Satan Spat moment... Not only that, such a juicy role!
Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
 Feb 4 2005, 02:15:33 PM
Thanks Greekmusicalfan! Apparently it was very amusing, my friend Chris said they were just dangling there and never managed to break character once, just ad-libbing all this stuff to keep people amused while it was fixed!
re: west end shows- what shoud I see?
 Feb 3 2005, 07:57:17 PM
Jerry shuts on the 19th, tickets are real hard to get, if you wanna try, use seetickets through the website (jerryspringertheopera.com) it is worth it, because it's superb!! I loved it so much, i'm even wearing my talk to the hand, talk to the ass t-shirt from the show!
re: west end shows- what shoud I see?
 Feb 3 2005, 07:33:00 PM
Depending on your taste I'd say Jerry Springer the Opera, David Badella and Alison Jiear are worth the ticket price alone.. if you can get a ticket...
The Producers at Theatre Royal, Drury lane, Lee Evans is doing a lovely job...
And Mary Poppins...

re: Dream Roles
 Feb 3 2005, 07:28:40 PM
Audrey - Little Shop of Horrors
Jane Smart - The Witches of Eastwick
Shawntel/Eve - Jerry Springer The Opera
Eliza Doolittle - My Fair Lady

Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
 Feb 3 2005, 07:21:03 PM
(New here *waves Hi* first post!)

Well, during the last Matinee performance of The Witches of Eastwick in the West-End, obviously alot of jokes going on, like during the Wedding of Jennifer and Darryl, instead of the Witches bringing on a little voodoo doll, like they usually did, they brought on a huge blow up doll that looked like Clarke Peters who was playing Darryl, he cracked up for like 10 minutes it was great! The cast had a shaving foam fight during "Dirty Laundry" and came

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You