News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rkzero96

Member Name: rkzero96
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Feb 4 2019, 09:30:09 AM

This is a dumb q and I apologize. I googled and tried to find the answer on here but... I kept getting different answers. 

I live in the US. If I wanted to send a letter for a signed Playbill to an actor in the UK... do they charge automatically for it? Or is it similar to some Theaters in the US (as in you won't know till you mail it in and ask)? 

And.... stamp wise per usual. I normally send all my letters/SASE in a manila envelope - how many stamps should each e

Feb 1 2019, 08:55:14 AM

forgot to write on here. Got a playbill signed by Sara Bareilles late last week- Sent it 1/4/2019. 

Jan 15 2019, 08:52:20 AM

June Squibb (in Waitress) sent me a signed playbill like last week.

And... surprisingly, I got a cast signed playbill from Celebrity Autobiography (I wrote just for fun...)- cast members were Mario Cantone, Susan Lucci, Eugene Pack, Michael Urie, Tate Donovan, Jonathan Van Ness, Antoni Porowski, Dayle Reyfel, Rachel Dratch. Got this last week as well. 

Jan 7 2019, 10:17:51 PM

Got a signed Playbill (but it's more of a regular sized Booklet) from Jane Kaczmarek today. She was in a play in California. I sent a letter on 12/03/2018. 

Jan 3 2019, 04:29:00 PM

emb99 said: "rkzero96did you request directly from laura or the SM?"

HEY! I am so sorry I did not respond earlier. I was not notified. I sent it to her directly.

But something I did differently. MFL has 2 addresses (Lincoln Center and the Vivian something Theater). I wrote her a letter, made a copy of the letter with a copy machine, and on the copied letter I wrote "I am so sorry if you get this 2x. Google showed me 2 different addresses for MFL. I blame Google, LOL". I sent the regular letter to one of the addresses and sent the copied letter to the other address.

I did the same for Rosemary Harris in MFL and got both back :) They probably laughed if they did receive the copied letter, lol. 

Dec 4 2018, 10:43:57 PM

Got a few signed playbills the last month or so -

Michael C Hall in Thom Pain (based on nothing)

Laura Benanti in My Fair Lady

Rosemary Harris in My Fair Lady 

Nov 6 2018, 05:29:50 PM

I was in NYC this past weekend for the NYC Marathon and stopped by Apologia on Friday night... met Hugh Dancy and got a signed playbill/photo with him! I really didn't think I'd be able to see him/have the time but hey - why not try since I'm in NYC? Besides finishing my Marathon -- getting a photo/signed playbill with Hugh Dancy made my weekend even better! Totally nice guy - he actually had a small crowd talking to him about the play but saw me and 1 other person waiti

Oct 30 2018, 10:49:26 AM

does anyone know or think the Network show will charge if asked for a signed cast playbill? i'm new to the playbill world so just wanted to ask! 

Oct 22 2018, 10:04:00 PM

Got a signed playbill from Andy Karl today -- in Pretty Woman. Sent it 10/4/2018.

I am totally new to this signed playbill world.... I am very happy so far I've gotten some back!

Oct 19 2018, 10:22:53 PM

I used the address gleek mentioned & the actual Vivian (Something)Theatre address.... I wrote to Rosemary Harris in it and told her I blamed Google if she got my letter twice hahaha

Another note: I just got an American Son playbill signed by Jeremy Jordan today!! Sent it Sept 27th :) He sent it back quick! 

Oct 19 2018, 11:08:35 AM

oh man, been waiting on My Fair Lady and Pretty Woman... hopefully they'll come soon!

Oct 7 2018, 09:08:51 PM

Oh yeah - the new baby! I forgot his life probably only has 2-3 hours of sleep currently, haha. 

But another q: does anyone know if theaters forward mail to actors from past plays? I was able to snag a playbill that had Ewan McGregor (from 2014) and thought hmm... wonder if I sent it to the theater that hosted him would they forward his mail.. (with a SASE of course!)

Oct 7 2018, 05:57:27 PM

Has anyone gotten stuff back from a producer of a show? Lol, my bf is a fan of a Basketball player that recently announced he's a producer and I wrote to him just for fun a week ago (sent to the theater of the show). I highly doubt I'll get anything back BUT figured I'd ask on here. (I asked for a signed playbill, haha)

Also - I wrote to Hugh Dancy about 2 weeks ago -- anyone ever get a reply from him? (I just requested a signed playbill)

Question about playbills/mailing
 Sep 21 2018, 08:59:44 AM

Hey All -

New on here. Unsure if this fits here, so I apologize if it does not. But here's my question.

I recently discovered one of my favorite actors is in a play up in NYC! I read on other topics on the steps regarding how to ask for a playbill/autograph:

1. Make sure to write a letter- asking for a playbill/autograph

2. In the letter, include a SASE + postage.

3. Hope I get something back

<

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You