News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Valastairekelly

Member Name: Valastairekelly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Song For 3 people  May 29 2013, 06:30:22 AM
"You could drive a person crazy" from Follies could be an interesting choice as well !
Liza Back To Broadway In New Musical?!?!??!?!  May 16 2013, 03:54:21 PM
So hoping this comes true !!!! "Le Figaro" is usually a reliable source of informations in France !
Favorite songs from failed shows  May 4 2013, 05:07:34 AM
"Here's that rainy day" from "Carnival in Flanders" .... which closed after 6 performances.....
Tony Performance Predictions  May 2 2013, 08:06:48 AM
What about Barry Manilow ? He was on Broadway this season, though he isn't nominated for anything (such a pity the best theatrical event category doesn't exist anymore)It would be nice to see him perform at the Tonys...
Trying to explain music from Broadway  Apr 28 2013, 07:16:25 AM
Oh Eric, I'd love to read that article by Camille Paglia! Seems really interesting !
Trying to explain music from Broadway  Apr 27 2013, 07:50:54 PM
I'm certainly not "swearing up and down" that the Bway songs are superior to any other genre of music. I am also a fan of other genres of music, I am just asking what makes most of the songs and musics from the stage so different in their impact on people than songs from other genres.
Trying to explain music from Broadway  Apr 27 2013, 06:21:34 PM
I agree with you Eric, but dance music is almost a different animal altogether. Though the disco years have produced songs with great music and lyrics, most of the music in nightclubs nowadays is based on beats, electro and so forth... when you think about it, it's quite "lifeless" if that makes sense...
I don't know, maybe it's an acquired taste?

Trying to explain music from Broadway  Apr 27 2013, 05:37:08 PM
Thank you for your answers, and I agree with you... I guess the real question is : What makes pop music, as we're used to hearing it today, so appealing to some people? There are songs out there with lyrics that barely make any sense, and singers who don't seem to "live" their song, and yet they're very popular
Trying to explain music from Broadway  Apr 27 2013, 05:13:24 PM
Hello everyone !
I have a question for you, and all opinions are welcome....
The other day, I was watching a show on tv with friends of my own age (early 20s who are not even remotely interested in musical theater btw) and the show was the french version of "The voice" (yup, I'm french), and all I was thinking was "Oh my god... this is so bad, they don't even mean a single word they're singing..." and so forth.... and I was trying to explain to my friends what it was about this kind of "

Who is your favourite Mrs Lovett? And why?  Apr 13 2013, 10:18:13 AM
I saw Caroline O' Connor as Mrs Lovett in the parisian version, and she was wonderful. Still, Lansbury is my favorite. I would have loved to see Dorothy Loudon as well.
O' Connor played Mrs Lovett as a "cold" lady and she was pretty scary(in comparison with Lansbury's Lovett)

Is Les Miserables popular in France?  Feb 27 2013, 11:22:20 AM
Being french, and an avid musical fan, I've followed closely how the french media handled "Les Misérables". And what happened was exactly what I thought would happen. Most of the reviews I have read were mixed, reviewers thought that the original Victor Hugo novel lost of its impact and strength in this version...Then again, it's such a HUGE part of french culture that it had, sadly, almost no chance of being well received in an adaptation coming from anywhere else than France...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You