News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tjones2

Member Name: tjones2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KING KONG - Entertaining show.
 Oct 21 2018, 10:30:54 AM

JayElle -

There is a big difference between an opinion and a factual inaccuracy. That a 20 plus foot, 2000 pound creature couldn’t be seen past the 3rd row?  All it does is to serve others to think, “Well, if I don’t get in the first 3 rows then I might as well not go”.  It is fine to voice an opinion but there are wrong answers when the “opinion” is conveyed as a false fact.

My 9 year old son had no problem for his brain to accept it all nor did the old man sitting next to us. But that’s fine as it is your opinion.

It’s unfortunate that after X amount of previews the music is still too loud drowning the lyrics.  I don’t get why the powers that be don’t tone that down.  This seems to be common in shows.  The sound mixers have either a loss of hearing or they purposely do this for other reasons.

The show would run better if it cut down at least 15 minutes and to come up with a better ending.  If they don’t do it by official opening they deserve to get whatever they get.  For so much time and effort put in to create King Kong it would be unfortunate if it closed early for these obvious reasons.  Tourists do make up one of if not the most revenue stream for Broadway.  Perhaps that is their target audience and they feel they need to give them their “monies worth” from the overblown point of view.  But if you are going to do that as least do the best job you can.  Don’t think they won’t know any better…because they do and they tell others.

While it would be deserving to win or at least be nominated for set design, staging and costume it will probably be snubbed. But hey….you never know.

Oct 20 2018, 02:17:04 PM

This show will live or die based on word of mouth.  This chat room will have no effect on that.  From what I witnessed the two times I have seen it, most people were happy and talking positively.

Oct 20 2018, 11:46:37 AM

The line about having to be in the first few rows is the most ridiculous statement I have seen on this chat board.  Serves no purpose other then to lie.

Amazing how many “experts” are here. From set designers, to vocal analysts to choreography, etc…..  Opinions are one thing. But not having the expertise to back up what you say is another.

As technically advanced as Kong is breakdowns can occur.  It’s in previews, which for the man

KING KONG - Great Show!
 Oct 15 2018, 11:18:31 AM

Yes, I did join this today as I could not find many reviews from people about the show. I was curious to what others thought.  Not just the positive energy from the audience during and after it ended.  Stumbled across this site and saw the negativity and just felt I wanted to voice my opinion.

Perhaps many here compare it to some great piece of work.  I see the difficulty in bringing Kong to Broadway, overlook comparisons and accept it for the attempt

KING KONG - Great Show!
 Oct 15 2018, 11:06:13 AM

Well, I'll take that as a compliment. It actually took me over an hour to move my thoughts to the written word.

I should have added in my review..... I took my 9 year old son to the second performance I went to and he absolutely loved it. Wasn't scared at all.  Only the loud sound effects at times made him stick his fingers in his ears.

KING KONG - Great Show!
 Oct 15 2018, 10:51:48 AM

Just cause I like the show you think I am automatically involved with it. Which I am not. Limited range of thinking on your part.  

KING KONG - Great Show!
 Oct 15 2018, 10:30:16 AM

It’s quite shocking to read the negative reviews about King Kong on this board.  I took a different approach and immersed myself in the beauty of this production.

Kong is much beyond a “puppet”.  It is an extremely complicated design which requires 14 performers and sophisticated electronic equipment to create a moving sculpture with sad eyes.

The opening number is wonderful. The cast moves well and fits the time period in all w

KING KONG - Previews
 Oct 15 2018, 10:27:34 AM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You