News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for princessem721

princessem721 Profile Photo
Member Name: princessem721
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sister Act or Anything Goes?  Apr 14 2011, 11:43:01 AM
i'd have to say go see sister act. i haven't seen anything goes, but the teasers are SO BORING! i mean, come on kathleen marshall, you have to be more creative with your tap choreography. straight rhythms do not make interesting choreography.

i left sister act on SUCH a high, that i would recommend it to anyone who wants to go to the theater for a fun night out. if you have any knowledge of the catholic faith (catholic school, grew up catholic) there are tons of jokes that will crac

Anyone going to see Wonderland this week?  Apr 14 2011, 11:36:57 AM
i saw the show again last night, and while i know they've been making many-a-changes, i didn't notice anything that was drastically different. it just seemed tighter than before. (please don't mistake that with the show being tight.) they added another funny boy band number in the second act, and i was bouncing along to the music for much of the show. (i may or may not have had a few glasses of vino before heading to the theater...) however, this show feels incredibly dated. like somewhere
Legs Diamond  Apr 14 2011, 11:21:56 AM
what i wouldn't give to have seen this show! i LOVE peter allen and wish i had been around when this one happened...sigh.
Most Depressing theatre photos ever  Apr 8 2011, 03:09:49 PM
there's something beautifully tragic about these photos. i agree that it would be amazing to see them revitalized. i'd also love to see photos from when they were originally built!
Sister Act First Preview  Apr 7 2011, 05:01:13 PM
i left the show singing and dancing down broadway. the show ends on such a high that you can't help but feel joyous as you leave the theater. i'll admit it's a little slow getting into it, but the score is great (i mean, alan menken DID write the soundtrack to my childhood) and i love vicki clark in any and everything she does. i wish chester gregory got to do more, and i wasn't a big of a fan of the thugs, but overall i had a blast and would definitely recommend it to friends and family, and
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread  Apr 7 2011, 04:53:21 PM
i'm going to see the show tomorrow night, and i'm really excited about it!! i love me some tom wopat and norbert leo butz (ENRON, anyone?!), and i keep hearing the music and i can't get it out of my head. i'll let you all know what i think next week :)
Amanda Jane Cooper to be 'Wicked's 1st National Tour's new Glinda.  Apr 7 2011, 04:45:09 PM
congrats to her! i saw a nymf show (or one of the downtown new musical festivals) that she did, and she was fantastic. wishing her the best
Favorite theatre villian?  Apr 5 2011, 10:26:22 AM
i've got to say that captain hook has always been my favorite villain! he encompases everything that i think a musical theatre villian ought to. love him!
Whats THEE show to see?  Apr 5 2011, 10:20:47 AM
from what i gather, it's war horse and good people. if you do care to see a musical, peter and the starcatcher is supposed to be fantastic.
Which Broadway Theatre have you seen the MOST shows in?  Apr 4 2011, 04:35:04 PM
what an interesting thread. i have a tie between the mariott marquis and the schoenfeld theaters - i've seen 9 (!!) shows in each of those theaters. my runners up had only 5 shows that i had seen in those venues...some theaters have shows open and close so quickly in them, that it's easy to up the number of times you're there for different shows, and the marquis and schoenfeld both seem to have that problem.
Sondheim for First Graders  Apr 4 2011, 04:06:36 PM
what a touching article! i love that so many broadway (and hollywood) heavyweights took the time out of their busy schedules to speak with these children and help them learn about what it is that they do.

i wish more schools had programs like this one, although i realize that many places aren't as fortunate as new york to have broadway in the backyard.

bravo to mr. sondheim and his minions (and i do say that with the utmost respect and admiration) for bringing broadway to th

My Take on Anything Goes / The Motherf**ker with the Hat  Apr 4 2011, 11:51:11 AM
i saw that hat play over the weekend, and boy was i disappointed. i think bobby cannavale is fantastic, but not in this play. his character isn't exactly likable, and he's fighting an uphill battle front he beginning. i know that there have (long) been plays performed in these theaters without mics, but in the case of this show, it's a hindrance to the show. elizabeth rodriguez spends the entire show screaming, it makes me worry about her voice. and annabella sciorra is severly under-used.
Donna McKechnie - She's still got it at 70 years  Apr 4 2011, 11:19:37 AM
and to think about all she's been through to get to that point!! have any of you read her book? in her memoir/autobiography (whatever you want to call it) she talks about how she was bed-ridden with rheumatoid arthritis in the 80s and she went through a serious depression, as she was told that she would never walk - let alone dance - again. she's an inspiration!!
Have you seen a show in every Broadway house?  Apr 4 2011, 11:17:16 AM
i'm definitely impressed by the amount of shows and theaters that the posters on here have attended. i personally am missing:

circle in the square
longacre
stephen sondheim

so i'd better get on fixing that!!

Have you seen a show in every Broadway house?  Apr 4 2011, 11:10:29 AM
i'm definitely impressed by the amount of shows and theaters that the posters on here have attended. i personally am missing:

circle in the square
longacre
stephen sondheim

so i'd better get on fixing that!!

What Kander & Ebb show should I become familiar with?  Mar 29 2011, 12:13:12 PM
love me some curtains! also loving flora the red menace :)
Universal Dropping IN THE HEIGHTS Film  Mar 29 2011, 12:04:15 PM
i really hope another studio picks this up, or that they do it as an independent film. i love this story and show and believe it deserves to be seen by the masses!
Re: Unpopular Opinions  Mar 28 2011, 04:11:58 PM
this thread is hysterical.

i think that nathan lane's caterpillar eyebrows do more work in any given performance than the rest of the production (including the amazing ensemble dancers, moving sets, light up costumes, and anything else that has a hint of animation). i think he is disastrous and haven't the first clue why he still such a big draw...

How long do we think these will last?  Mar 28 2011, 03:35:43 PM
it's always difficult to predict the success of a show, but i loved tommyboy's suggestion of checking the grosses. also, take a look at the advance. the higher the advance, the more pre-sale tickets have been sold, so they tend to have a more secure spot on the boards. i do suggest seeing the shows that are unlikely to win awards before awards season, they tend to be gone right after the tonys.
Bret Michaels sues Tony Awards  Mar 28 2011, 03:32:22 PM
i'm just wondering what took him so long to decide to sue? if you're injured and you want to take legal action, isn't it bes to do so immediately? i read somewhere that bret michaels decided to sue after donald trump suggested it to him, but i'm not sure of the validity of that statement. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You