News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sincerely Werk!

Sincerely Werk! Profile Photo
Member Name: Sincerely Werk!
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Apr 10 2019, 03:31:20 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "Does the Broadway company have an Alexander Hamilton standby, or have they just not updated their website?"

It lists Ryan Vasquez as an understudy, is he still in the ensemble? I thought he was the alternate. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Apr 9 2019, 04:19:41 PM

Double

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Mar 26 2019, 09:01:54 AM

DuoSonic said: "getupngo said: "DuoSonic said: "Do we have any idea when Mandy Gonzalez will be leaving? I'd love to see her in this show before she's gone."

said nobody on this board, ever. lol
"

Oh geez, is she not good in it? Or are you being facetious? :)
I haven't read reviews of her performances, but I'm an In The Heights fan.
"

Mandy gives a very polarizing performance. I don&#

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 7 2019, 04:47:18 PM

FlyHigh523 said: "I agree, Mandy needs to go. I’ve seen her three times and each time was more underwhelming than the last."

Out of all the principles, I think she's been there the longest (correct me if I'm wrong). 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 7 2019, 02:07:29 PM

MyLife said: "Interesting. I didn't find Medina's Laurens to be that comedic at all. It was vulnerable, exciting, and ambitious. He has tears in his eyes the whole time and I was living for it. His Phillip is appropriately funny,

There are also actors where it's hard to rank because they're stronger in one Act over another. For example, Thayne's Laurens was nothing spectacular but I found his Phillip to be one of my favorites. Chappelle, while not "

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 7 2019, 08:25:18 AM

rainah says: That's interesting to hear, we must have seen very different performances! He was my least favourite of many laurens/philips I have seen. I'd rank them

Anthony Lee Medina
Anthony Ramos
Jordan Fisher
Andrew Chappelle
Ruben Carbajal

* Fisher was a mixed bag when I saw him. There were moments when he was breathtaking, and there were moments where he was, basically, mugging to the audience for laughs rather than playing

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 6 2019, 02:35:26 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "
Carvens has improved TREMENDOUSLY since I saw him in DC."

Interesting you say this about Carvens. I thought he was wonderful the 2 times I saw him in DC. The 3rd time I saw it, he had already left this production and the new Washington was on.

"

I wasn't trying to say that he was bad, I thought he was fine at first, but he's made some major improvements that made me appreciate him a lot

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 6 2019, 08:05:47 AM

Rainah said: "Any reports on the current bway cast?"

Michael Luwoye is amazing, I can't praise him enough. During Yorktown he becomes so invested in his monologue that I actually started tearing up a little, lol.

Denee brings such a beautiful sweetness and maturity in the role that I have not seen since Phillipa. 

Daniel Beaker is good, he just took some time getting use to. 

Mandy is a mixed case. She has a beautiful voic

Mean girls tour??  Feb 6 2019, 07:55:03 AM

Cady heron said: "Who do you guys think should be cast?"

Tee Boyich should definitely play Cady, she brings so much joy and excitement to the part and she deserves to be a principle for the role.

Maybe Ashley De La Rosa can step in as Regina?? I've heard great things about her. 

Mean girls understudies?  Jan 24 2019, 05:42:10 PM

So according to their Instagrams, Ashley Park is on vacation and Tee is on for Gretchen tonight. I'm surprise they didn't put in Rosa or Devon (she covers Gretchen, right?) considering what a night Tee had yesterday. 

HAMILTON National Tour  Jan 24 2019, 05:12:26 PM

Has anyone seen Dorcas Leung as Eliza? I saw her as Angelica (amazing Satisfied) and my friend saw her as Peggy/Maria (she said she was great) so I'm very curious about her portrayal of Eliza. I noticed that her voice is a lot higher than say, Goldsberry's or Olivio's. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 25 2018, 12:25:46 AM

SchuylWERKsister said: "Im hearing that Ariana DeBose is going into Hamilton as a lead after Summer closes. Likely on Broadway. My guess would be Angelica since Joanna is on leave and due to return as Peggy/Maria."

Hell yes! She would be PERFECT for Angelica. 

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 19 2018, 05:04:42 PM

Mister Matt said: "The fact is, once you get beyond paying the $30,000 price tag, you have to push and sell yourself to get in there. IMO it’s a total ego-driven thing. Furthermore, I have read that to be considered you also have to have some fame that has endured for at least 5 years. He barely, if at all, meets that criteria. I know there was In the Heights, but that was not what made him a household name.

It's the same for everyone who has a star on the Walk of Fame, who all have to be nominated, have the star paid for, and be considered. Do you honestly consider every name on this list to be a "household name"? At any rate, nobody receives a star as an award. They pay $ and apply for it. This is nothing new.

But then again, he also received the Kennedy Center Honors, for what amounted to one body of work.
Unfortunately that alone proved these honors are really nothing more than popularity contests with a lot of self-promotion behind them.

He was one of four receiving the same honor for the same work as a group. So, now you reduce every single recipient of the Kennedy Center Honor to a popularity contest and self-promotion because of this one? That's...odd.

Also, I hate how people act like it's "Groundbreaking LGBT+ representation" because...1 character is bisexual, and another one wore a pride pin.

Are people really acting like that? I assume they've never seen A Chorus Line or La Cage or Falsettos or Rent or Kinky Boots? Or they simply have little-to-noknowledge of musical theatre in general? There's really nothing groundbreaking about Be More Chill at all.

And did he really create the two most notable musicals of the 21st century? Did hereally?

He created two of the most notable musicals of the 21st century. That much is true.

Fair enough Hamilton is this generation's musical juggernaut like RENT, Phantom, Les Mis was before us butI'd never heard of In The Heights, nor LMM, before discovering Bring It On and neither had a lot of my very nerdy theatre friends.

Just because you and your friends weren't paying attention doesn't reduce the importance behind In the Heights and its impact on American musical theatre and the American Latino community (immigrant and non). While it wasn't the juggernaut of Hamilton (few shows have been), the fact that a small off-Broadway Latino-centric musical with no stars attached prominently featuring hip-hop musicand an almost entirely sung-through score would go on to be a hit on Broadway, win 5 Tonys (including Best Musical) and be a Pulitzer nominee wasn't something that had ever happened before. That's the very definition of "notable". Maybe if you'd had heard of it at the time and why it was an important event, you would feel differently. Personally, I think it's a stunning and joyous work, but that's irrelevant when it comes to what makes it a notable work.
"

About the BMC thing, your right about the average theatergoer knowing about other representation, but a lot of younger BMC "stans" think it's gods gift to Broadway and that it "opened new doors" and crap like that. If you like it fine, it's just nothing special. 

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 19 2018, 11:11:09 AM

JoseLee_ said: "I cant stand George Salazars acting in Be More Chill.. or whatever his name is. The one who sings the bathroom song. Sooo old to be in high school. And the whole musical...i don't get the hype at all."

A bunch of the younger kids in my high school are huge fans of it and I don't get it at all. The music is okay but the plot is really poorly written and the female characters are really annoying. Also, I hate how people act like it's "G

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 18 2018, 04:19:07 PM

Mister Matt said: "Some posters on here are so ridiculously irrelevant and jaded it's hard to take an opinion they have seriously.

That's sort of how I felt about this:

Lin Manuel Miranda needs to just stop. HAMILTONn is a decent piece of theatre but it definitely isn't the game changer that people claim it to be. His sudden Hollywood fame and appearance EVERYWHERE really is grating on me. His accent in MARY POPPINS RETURNS turns what co

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 17 2018, 09:29:31 PM

The obc of Hamilton, while mostly good, isn't perfect. I never got the hype over Anthony Ramos (his Phillip is cute but his Laurens sounds seriously out of breath) and even my middle aged mother with literally no experience with musical theater says that Lin can't sing or rap. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Dec 17 2018, 09:20:12 PM

Janaenae said: "Looks like Broadway's getting a new leading man.https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYhdFwHPUW/

"

Aw, I absolutely loved his performance. He will be missed! 

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 14 2018, 04:38:16 PM

"Revenge Party" is the worst song in the Mean Girls soundtrack. Grey Henson is funny in it but the rest of the song is pretty basic. Also it REALLY shows how bad some of the lyrics are ("It's a revenge party, a party with revenge is what it's like".... seriously?). 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Nov 26 2018, 03:03:07 PM

Any idea whose filling in for Mandy while she's out? 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Nov 20 2018, 05:25:22 PM

DottieD'Luscia said: "Oh wow, good for him. He wasn't on the website when I checked earlier today."

The website is pretty untrustworthy. The last time I saw the Angelica tour it said Chris Lee was still Lafayette / Jefferson when it was really Bryson Bruce. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You