News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sergio_27

sergio_27 Profile Photo
Member Name: sergio_27
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked: mexican production
 Nov 3 2013, 03:49:26 PM
They answered yesterday on Twitter that "it will be decided later on if there will be a recording".

RIP Edna Krabappel
 Oct 27 2013, 01:28:46 PM
Sorry, dramamama. Thank you for clarifying that.

I read a couple weeks ago that a regular character from the Simpson would die this season, and I assumed that's what this was referring to.

RIP Edna Krabappel
 Oct 27 2013, 05:41:05 AM
Edit:

Oct 19 2013, 12:02:51 AM
It's an open-ended production. For the effort and investment they made, I'm sure they're expecting it to run for a long time.

This has gotten great reviews on TV and radio. Everyone is impressed with the production and with Danna Paola, and there are rumors that Stephen Schwartz wants her on Broadway when this production ends.

Thank you for the videos. I like what I see, and I believe people will like it, but those lyrics are too distracting. I can't enjoy the songs when I know

Oct 11 2013, 01:41:53 PM
Pinche Jeff, había decidido no verla y ya me la antojaste otra vez...

I doubt they would adjust the prices, has OCESA done it before? They may offer promotions and discounts, though.

Oct 10 2013, 05:45:12 PM
Wicked is the best-selling show on Ticketmaster in the Theater category, and seventh overall.

I would think they were expecting the opening night tickets to be sold out by now. However, I wouldn't think this is a problem for this production in specific, but for theatre in Mexico. "The Normal Heart" opens tomorrow and half of the seats are available, and it doesn't have the ridiculous ticket prices that Wicked does.

Sep 14 2013, 04:27:23 AM
It will be very hard for me to try to enjoy these Spanish lyrics...

Sep 11 2013, 05:07:05 PM
I believe she is saying "voy hacia el horizonte" ("I'm going towards the horizon").
 Sep 1 2013, 06:45:16 AM
The kid is in some of the pictures in the Facebook album. It says his name is Rodin, and he is the director's son. I understand he was invited to play Chistery during that rehearsal.
 Aug 30 2013, 03:47:54 PM
I don't know if I'm right or not, but I don't think Wicked is that important or well-known in Mexico. We all know everything about it, but regular people are more familiar with other musicals like Les Misèrables or Cats. We don't have many tourists that come to Mexico to see musical theater, either. It's dangerous to rely just on the purchasing power of the fans who would pay anything to see it.
 Aug 30 2013, 11:52:50 AM
I don't see how they're going to sell tickets. The fans who really want to see Wicked are pissed about the prices, casual theatergoers can skip that and see two or three other shows with that money, and I don't think that rich people in Polanco are particularly interested on this musical.

Anyway... I'll just wait until it opens. Maybe Dana Paola is the best Elphaba ever, and maybe there are lots of people waiting to pay $1,500 pesos to see Wicked. It would be a shame to see it close aft

Aug 30 2013, 03:26:29 AM
Are the prices listed in the website real? $1,500 (120 USD) plus fees for the most expensive tickets in the orchestra and the mezzanine.

The tickets for Cats go from $250 (20 USD) to $700 (55 USD). How much were the tickets for Mary Poppins? Has any other Mexican production come close to those prices?

Jul 31 2013, 08:22:16 PM
And about the translation: I think the video of her singing "Defying Gravity" is from a past event. The MC says "...and now she's Maggie, with us, on A Chorus Line." This is not necessarily the translation they will use on this production.
 Jul 31 2013, 08:12:49 PM
I believe they're treating both Danna and Ana as equals. They appear with Cecilia in all the pictures, and the articles I've read (and the official @Wicked_Mx account on Twitter) just mention they will alternate. We will have to wait to see how they will split the shows.

Here's a Youtube video with the three Mexican actresses, meeting Lindsay Mendez and Katie Rose Clark.

Jul 20 2013, 11:41:00 PM
Gregory Maguire's book was published here as "Wicked: Memorias de una Bruja Mala", and I believe she is often referred as "la Bruja Mala del Oeste". I guess they will not use one single word to translate it, but different words depending on the phrase or the context.

Danna Paola just doesn't have the credibility of other stars. It would be like casting Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez. She will have to prove them all wrong.

Musicals in Spain
 Apr 5 2013, 10:00:03 PM
The most popular musicals in Spain are jukebox musicals, but I'm now sure if you would enjoy them if you don't know the songs. There's also "Grease" and "The Lion King" (starring Mexican Carlos Rivera, a personal favorite of mine).

The show "I Got Gershwin", in the Almeria Teatre of Barcelona, may be interesting too. I believe it could be in Catalan, and not in Spanish, though.

CAT Fails to Recoup
 Apr 3 2013, 02:04:12 PM
Thanks, willep, that was it. It's his most recent role that comes to mind.

I don't remember him at all in "The Woman in Black", "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" (too much make-up?), "Munich" or "Road to Perdition", but I don't remember many details of those movies either.

CAT Fails to Recoup
 Apr 2 2013, 08:13:57 PM
"Liev Schreiber has been in a bunch of main stream films. Wolverine, Manchurian Candidate, Sum of All Fears, Kate & Leopold, The Omen, all three Scream movies. These aren't huge hits, but I don't think you're accurately accessing his career".

I think what makes him better known is that his roles are easier to remember. For me, he is Sabretooth from "Wolverine" and the first guy who is killed in Scream 3.

I was sure I had seen Ciarán Hinds playing a politician somewhere (my gues

Is I Dreamed a Dream based at all on text from Victor Hugo
 Mar 3 2013, 10:26:26 PM
The 1991 Paris recording has different lyrics than those in the website.

The song says "mais les loups rôdent dans la nuit, et l'un d'eux flairait ma trace" ("but the wolves wander at night, and one of them would smell my track".)

Is I Dreamed a Dream based at all on text from Victor Hugo
 Mar 3 2013, 12:43:57 AM
The story is told by a narrator, so we don't get to know Fantine's feelings directly from her as in the song.

"At the point in this melancholy drama which we have now reached, nothing is left to Fantine of that which she had formerly been."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You