News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kate2

Member Name: Kate2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Across the Universe
 Aug 13 2007, 02:55:17 AM
Well, I have actually seen it if anyone has any questions...

They did a select screening (I am not special, just lucky) last fall and I saw it then. LOVED IT and I am pretty picky.

They DI NOT rip off bread and puppet theatre, considering that Julie Taymor studied with them and even put them in the film. last I heard it's not a rip-off if then one doing it is the original. Just saying.

There is a plot, a good one. I just hope they fixed the weird animation-type seq

onstage and backstage?
 Aug 8 2007, 04:59:04 AM
Never mind, it's back, they were probably updating the site.

Is it like crack to anyone else, or just me?

re: Ring of Fire
 Jun 13 2007, 08:46:13 PM
Agreed, but someone had to choose THAT song out of many others that Cash wrote that didn't suck. And I'm sure that song was much better in his hands.
re: Ring of Fire
 Jun 13 2007, 07:39:16 PM
I cannot believe it will tour. No wait, I know why. They spent about a million dollars on a giant (and ridiculous) LCD screen, and used it instead of scenery. They also used pop star puppets instead of talent, but I digress. When producers are insane enough to pump millions into something that bad, they are also insane enough to pump even more money into a tour, to try to get back money. Illiogical, I know.

Why didn't it work? It was the country bear jamboree. It was corny (a lyr

returning Xanadu tickets???
 Jun 13 2007, 05:48:17 PM
If an actor is taken out of a show (like in Xanadu), can i get my money back? Or is that not allowed? Rude?

Honestly, I simply just don't want to see the show and am looking for an excuse to get out of it. So, either give me an excuse or talk me into liking it!

re: Xanadu postpones Broadway opening
 Jun 13 2007, 05:43:39 PM
I hope I don't sound like an ass, but could I get my money back since I have tickets for saturday? Or not? I don't know how any of that works...
re: Jason Robert Brown Bio
 Apr 23 2007, 04:38:02 PM
Never mind - found it
Jason Robert Brown Bio
 Apr 23 2007, 04:19:37 PM
anyone have his actual bio from the thirteen program?
I have looked everywhere for a recent bio acceptable for a program.

small musical
 Apr 2 2007, 04:35:15 PM
Hey do any of you know of a relatively small (cast-size) musical that was fairly recently produced on or off-broadway? I can't think of much and am looking for a show to do.

re: HELP ME!!!! song and dance
 Jan 24 2007, 12:02:11 AM
Here's a few ideas...
-How are things in Glocca Mora?
-He Plays the Violin (or something like that, I can't remember the name, it's from 1776, but no dance)
-The Real me (from all american)
-Should I be Sweet?
-Life Upon The Wicked Stage (showboat)

Good Luck, dear. And remember that a dance break isn't necessary. Movement is.

re: If you could change a scene from a show...
 Oct 13 2005, 08:08:53 AM
Even though i have a BatBoy obsession (and i do), I think "inside your Heart" should be re-written. I don't care much for the London version of "mine of Mine" either. It isn't melodic and doesn't fit the rest of the show. but at least they recognized the problem. That's the first step. Now maybe they'll write a third song for the movie.

When I was in the show, that scene never achieved the emotion it should have. The in-between parts are good but when it reaches the "Let me shield

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You