News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for socarrat

Member Name: socarrat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Constantine Maroulis to Star in Broadway-Bound JEKYLL & HYDE
 Jan 29 2012, 04:12:32 PM
"Maroulis trained at one of the best musical theatre colleges in the country, started out in musical theatre long before American Idol, and has actually spent more of his career performing on stage than doing anything else. It surprises me when people act like he's another pop star off the street who does theatre between albums or TV gigs."

You misinterpreted my post. I'm a fan of several singers who came from that show, and they've been successful on Broadway. I hope to see more of the

BREAKING NEWS: Constantine Maroulis to Star in Broadway-Bound JEKYLL & HYDE Tour; Launches Fall 2012
 Jan 29 2012, 02:18:09 PM
I'm very excited that Jekyll and Hyde is coming back. The concept album is still one of my all time favorites, so it's difficult not to compare the voices of the leading actors to that gem. When I think of Anthony Warlow, Maroulis does not come to mind. I really hope he works hard to do the role justice and isn't another Hasselhoff. I'd hate for that to happen again to such a great story and musical score.
Twitter Watch: Alan Menken Writing New NEWSIES Songs
 Dec 23 2011, 07:05:17 PM
He's a busy busy man. I wonder when he'll start work on Hunchback.
JEKYLL & HYDE Coming Back 2012/13
 Oct 6 2011, 08:24:33 PM
So when is the tour supposed to hit the road? Anyone have an idea on the time frame?

Would Hugh Jackman tour? Isn't he too big for that?

I'm full of questions...

JEKYLL & HYDE Coming Back 2012/13
 Oct 5 2011, 10:38:26 PM
Great story, outstanding music, now all they need is a tremendous cast! I hope they surprise us.

And yes, "Bring On the Men" please!

I said in another thread that the concept album is one of my favorites Broadway albums of all time. I can't wait to hear it live.

Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?
 Oct 3 2011, 12:06:24 AM
Jekyll and Hyde, although I like the concept album better. The amazing Anthony Warlow may have something to do with it. understatement
Kristin Chenoweth in concert this evening
 Oct 2 2011, 12:08:17 AM
How lucky were you!

I love Kristin and admire her incredible energy and down to earth quality. She's definitely got the vocal chops and is a wonderful actress. I'm cannot wait to see her Lily Garland.

What broadway shows do you miss??
 Sep 30 2011, 10:42:16 PM
Spamalot
Disney's next Broadway show...
 Sep 18 2011, 08:26:53 PM
Me too Sondheim! I'm hoping for 2013.
Disney finally gets it right - Newsies Preview
 Sep 17 2011, 07:04:53 PM
wicked, did you friend at Disney Theatricals happen to mention Hunchback by any chance? I'm hoping for the next two years on that one too.

I would definitely see Newsies on Broadway! I'm hoping to make a trip to NYC next summer, and I'm making a wish list.

Leap of Faith
 Sep 14 2011, 09:41:54 PM
Leaving the show "in the dust" implies that it would be hopeless to replace Raul, and that's not true. There are a number of very talented actors who would make a fine Jonas Nightengale, and there may be plenty of time to snatch him.

Leap of Faith
 Sep 14 2011, 12:18:46 AM
According to the article, Menken said it was a "such a changed show", so I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a whole new cast for the reading and the production.

ETA: Yero, I didn't realize that the show was written for Raul. Interesting. I just thought since they're changing it, it would mean a new cast. I think that's more exciting, but I do like Raul. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd love to know who took part in the reading.

Chad Kimball replacement in Memphis still TBD? Stunt Casting?
 Sep 3 2011, 01:58:44 PM
"It's Adam Pascal. Book it."

Well that would be great and sure to put butts in those seats.

Why is there no quote feature on this board?

Chad Kimball replacement in Memphis still TBD? Stunt Casting?
 Sep 2 2011, 08:46:00 PM
Doing eight shows a week takes a great deal of stamina for sure. I also saw Clay Aiken in Spamalot and there's no question in my mind that he can take on the role successfully. He definitely has the chops and the accent. But I'm not sure they'll go with stunt casting at this point. I'm thinking they'll stay in-house, but if that's the case, why don't they just announce it?

I really liked the show. Hopefully they'll find someone worthy of the role.

Movies that should be on Broadway
 Aug 14 2011, 12:56:51 PM
I'll second, third, and fourth, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Whatever happened to the Sam Mendes production that was supposed to open in the West End later this year? I haven't heard a thing about it.

Who's ready for Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
 Aug 13 2011, 03:25:55 PM
Gypsy, I have seen the Laughton/O'Hara version several times, and you're right. No question about it, it is the last word on film. But we're talking theater, and the living and breathing, James Lapine based production could have an exceptional and definitive say as well.

I'm hopeful that it's a matter of time before it hits Broadway, and that it will be the German version as planned. The live production should maintain the integrity of the story to preserve the impact. I can tolerate

MEMPHIS on NETFLIX?!?!
 Aug 7 2011, 03:39:51 PM
I agree bwayphreak, I guess that's what bothered me so much about his portrayal. I didn't get him, even while I was really enjoying the show, a testament to the rest of the talented cast.

I'm very interested to know who will succeed him now that Bryan will be doing the tour. I'd love to see someone treat Huey's multi-layered character with respect. It will almost be a whole new show.

Chad Kimball Leaves MEMPHIS
 Aug 1 2011, 01:21:43 PM
I caught it on Netflix the other day because sadly, I haven't been able to make it to NYC to watch it live. I really enjoyed it. The only weak link was Chad, he was simply no match for the rest of the wonderful cast. I don't understand why he had to contort his body, it added no value to the character whatsoever. I get that he's supposed to be drunk, but good grief, he acted like he was playing Quasimodo not a drunk. All it served to do was distract from his portrayal, and all I wanted to do w
BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat
 Jul 23 2011, 09:40:49 PM
I've been pretty shaken by the news all day, although it's not completely unexpected. I love her bluesy voice and sound, her soul and passion when delivering a song. It still gives me goosebumps to hear her voice. Back to Black was such a huge hit her, but Frank remains my favorite album. Such a tragedy to lose a truly gifted artist so young. RIP Amy.
Who's ready for Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
 Jul 16 2011, 06:28:59 PM
If the man himself is to be believed, Alan Menken said they were definitely working on bringing Hunchback to the US.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BWW_EXCLUSIVE_Alan_Menken_Talks_TANGLED_SISTER_ACT_LEAP_HUNCHBACK_ALADDIN_More_20101115_page2

Of all the Disney film scores, this is my favorite. I must've worn the CD out. If they use Lapine's book, and according to that interview they are, it'll be a wonderful production. No way I'll miss it!

I agree that Drew Sarich did an amazing job, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone new with a fresh and incredible voice.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You