News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CostumeMistress

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
Member Name: CostumeMistress
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Facebook down?  Aug 15 2007, 12:23:26 PM
Agreed, DRS - I'm not sure if I'd be willing to move to ConnectU. But it sounds like a flimsy lawsuit.
re: Dead Like Me  Aug 15 2007, 12:22:33 PM
And how depressed are we that Rube is gone?

re: So, I Am Curious...  Jul 11 2007, 10:34:57 PM
What do you do?
For money, I'm a freelance editor and office drone. In my spare time, I sew, I write, I sing, and I direct (both stage and audio theatre).

What is it you love about Broadway?
I love the energy and the instant gratification. With my other creative projects (painting, writing) I wonder if/when they'll be appreciated, but the rush of in-the-moment laughter, sighs, and applause from the audience is incredibly thrilling.

What was the first

re: 2007 Movies That Are Being Overlooked  Jul 11 2007, 10:15:12 PM
SM2, my mind also jumped to the Brittany Murphy film. YIKES - that was quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.
re: Cheese and Crackers! Lindsay has a meltdown!  May 31 2007, 12:15:17 AM

re: once on this island  Feb 27 2007, 11:31:41 AM
Isaac, did you ask... and then answer yourself?

re: Random Thought of the Day (Uta Hagen Biopic)  Jan 10 2007, 11:28:23 AM
"Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, Lee Strasberg, Bobby Lewis, Sanford Meisner, and Harold Clurman all in the same acting group? Sitting at the same dinner table discussing theatre? The drama that unfolded as each would take their own beliefs about the theatre and develop their own techniques and methods?"

I don't like the concept as a movie, but would LOVE it as a play. It would have a decent regional run in some up-and-coming theatre town, and then go on to be a college theatre classic.
re: Boycott YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT  Jan 10 2007, 11:20:57 AM
I agree with lildogs - it's not like they're using a reality show to cast an opera at the Met! It's GREASE, folks!
re: Comment on the avatar above you (again!)  Jan 2 2007, 04:19:55 PM
It makes me smile. I miss W&G!
re: The Cruel_Sandwich Thread  Dec 5 2006, 01:40:57 AM
A THREAT about you, turtle? Isn't that a bit masochistic?
re: Foster's Holiday Cards Now Available for Online Purchase  Dec 2 2006, 09:11:40 PM
Holly, if you go to the link to purchase them, you can click for a larger photo.
re: SHOULD 'A Chorus Line' and 'Les Miserables' be eligible for Tony Awards  Dec 1 2006, 11:04:22 AM
Robbins, you make a good point. However, the mission of the Tonys is to reward excellence in theatre. (Whether they actually DO reward excellence in theatre can be debated to the death elsewhere.) While I don't think that copying a past performance's direction and staging constitutes "excellence," I think the actors should still certainly be eligible, as they still are working hard, singing and dancing and dazzling an audience.
re: Who eez ze Most Vicious Villain of the Stage?  Nov 27 2006, 02:49:59 PM
I'm going to have to agree with EugLoven on that one.
re: I'm at home, sick.  Aug 17 2006, 07:05:54 PM
So, yeah - I went back to the doctor, and they took a blood test to determine that I have mono. FANTASTIC - I get to tell my boss tomorrow that I have a disease most commonly associated with promiscuous 16-year-olds.
Shows that left you sobbing, unable to stand, move...  Aug 14 2006, 09:21:27 AM
I can't lie, I cried during Miss Saigon.
re: What Show Do You Love That Was Not A Giant Hit?  Jul 23 2006, 06:31:10 PM
I second Pimpernal... an amazing show.

As a sidenote, the original book by Baroness Orczy makes a great summer read.

re: If you had a child today....  Jul 8 2006, 12:18:51 PM
Awwwww - thanks, cturtle. It's good to be back...
re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.  Jul 7 2006, 08:36:09 PM
I was quite convinced, upon hearing about this show, that I would hate it. However, the performance at the Tonys won me over, and I've been listening to the music ever since. It's catchy, bubbly and fun; and yet it's more than just fluff, it has real heart. I am now very convinced of its fabulousness.
re: your favorite harmonies  Feb 26 2006, 04:18:08 PM
"Lily's Eyes" from Secret Garden.
re: Rent,Who loves it? I know I do!!  Feb 15 2006, 09:09:53 AM
We love new people. Please, though, read the FAQ. It will make all of us, and you, happier on the boards.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You