News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thawikedclown

thawikedclown Profile Photo
Member Name: thawikedclown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who is your favorite Mimi Marquez???
 Dec 8 2005, 02:30:06 AM
scary spice was my favorite mimi of all time!!! she captured the essence of mimi through and through. i felt lowering the key by 5 steps for all of her songs really added to the overall intensity of mimi's angst as she was going through her aids battle. also the greatest moment for me as far as really grasping mimi was scary's brilliant approach to her monologue at angel's funeral when she made the most spectacular acting choice to have a british accent during her speech!!!! WOW!!! i mean if you
re: Will Chase in Rent
 Nov 30 2005, 10:11:44 AM
will chase is goddamn amazing!!! i cant really see him as roger, but im excited to see someone actually act!!!!
re: One question, Yes or No answer (about RENT)
 Nov 30 2005, 10:06:25 AM
no
Guettel and Yazbek
 Jun 3 2005, 01:11:12 AM
that is very interesting that Guettel recommended Yazbek for monty. thats it... interesting. that really doesnt convince me that yazbek is a true talent in the world of musical theatre. breeze off the river is a sweet song. i love it and its a great theatre song. but writing one theatre song that is fantastic does not amount to a composer. to go back to scoundrels... can anyone tell me how oklahoma? even comes close to a well placed, motivated, logical song? how is it that this woman all of a su
re: Yazbek's Here I Am
 May 30 2005, 04:38:31 PM
i cannot stand yazbeck. i do not think he is at all a musical theatre writer. he does not write musical theatre songs. im not a purist but his stuff is crap! butz and scott carry that shows aweful music to something semi withstandable. they are amazing and yazbeck should stick to bars. it is insulting that he is held in the same regards as a composer as adam guettel and william finn. these are amazing and talented people while yazbeck is BORING!!!
re: The College Thread...
 May 20 2005, 01:41:14 AM
BRAD PITT WENT TO AMDA!!!!!!!!!!!! then dropped out!
re: The College Thread...
 May 20 2005, 01:41:06 AM
BRAD PITT WENT TO AMDA!!!!!!!!!!!! then dropped out!
The Light at the Piazza Unofficial Review!!
 Mar 20 2005, 02:28:14 AM
I recently saw The Light at the Piazza and let me say that it is the best work of art I have seen this season. Adam Guettel is brilliant. The music from the show actually had me closing my eyes and just listening at points. THE SCORE IS AMAZING! Helped by overwhelming orchestrations by the composer and Tod Sperling. The stage and the costumes transport you to Italy, NO QUESTION. The book is simply a perfect match for the show, an almost perfect marrage. Kathy O'Hara is captivating, Victoria Clar
re: Books or movies that would make great musicals.
 Mar 2 2005, 03:38:50 AM
the princess bride would be amazing!!!!
but do they bring back mandy patinkin to reprise his role?

re: Worst Broadway Lyric ever?
 Mar 2 2005, 03:34:37 AM
BKLYN
"but now christmas makes me cry"
"my daddy doesnt know that i was even born"
these are terrible and are made worse by the fact that they are the chorus of the worst musical theatre writing EVER.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You