News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for homosezwhat

homosezwhat Profile Photo
Member Name: homosezwhat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If you thought you were a Broadway fan, this guy will put you to SHAME!
 Mar 3 2010, 09:27:16 AM
The other videos are even better!

I'm in love with their King Charles Cav (Berkley-apparently pwonounced with a Babawa Walters "R") and the apartment and the Forbidden Bway clip and I want to marry Lindsay AND Jared!

Where's MY sweet hunk of southern gentleman with a great voice and MY lovely musical theatre lady who makes her puppy do arms-choreography to songs from Wicked? Where, I ask you, where?! (sobs and runs into bathroom, slamming door behind him)

(from behin

re: PASSING STRANGE Trailer! (Vid)
 Jul 31 2009, 11:16:53 PM
count me in as another vote for "can't wait!!!!"

Wow, this looks good.

re: ________ Needs to Win a Tony Already
 Jul 4 2009, 11:56:03 AM
Jayne Atkinson!

(Kristine Neilsen)

(Deirdre O'Connell)

White Christmas vs. West Side Story, Shrek vs. Blithe Spirit
 May 20 2009, 08:23:44 PM
Irving Berlin's White Christmas - 5
West Side Story - 11

Shrek the Musical - 10
Blithe Spirit - 9

re: Would anybody recommend onstage seats for Our Town?
 May 11 2009, 07:55:28 PM
Just saw it Saturday night and I, too, was worried about missing out on that Cromer magic. But, Parkinson was damn fine. I can't imagine Cromer is significantly better. Although I liked it enough to see it again when Cromer returns.

Sauja is right. the production really is the star.

And I think sitting in the onstage seats would be slightly less awesome during the few moments when someone is running behind you and you miss their facial expression and a bunch more awesome du

re: Please nominate __________, Nominating Committee!
 May 2 2009, 07:53:13 PM
Title of Show for best musical
Jayne Atkinson for Blithe Spirit
Piper Perabo for reasons to be pretty

re: BLITHE SPIRIT Reviews
 Mar 15 2009, 03:16:03 PM
I saw the show on Thursday (the night Brantley was there) and I felt the same feel-good energy in the audience as Ed. The play is so well crafted and the performances are so delightful that the laughs and good energy just kept building until the final curtain.

I was exhausted from laughing so much.

I was amazed by just how satisfying the play is. As we reached the 1/2 way point, I was cautioning myself not to get too excited because there was no way the play could kee

re: Photo Flash: Guys & Dolls Hits Broadway
 Feb 19 2009, 12:15:41 PM
Hmmmm...

No Mary Testa.

Funny, that.

(Steal the show, will ya? Not including you in the publicity for the show will teach YOU to not suck!)

re: Anyone else think the ACL ads are ugly?
 Oct 7 2006, 11:52:49 PM
When I read the title of the original post, my blood pressure skyrocketed and I got all ready to start typing up a strongly worded post about how immature and mean-spirited you'd have to be to start a thread with a title like...

Then I read the thread title again.

Oh.

It doesn't say "Anyone else think the ACL LADS are ugly?"

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Cause if you think they're ugly, good god, you'd fall over dead meeting me.
(and mos

re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
 Jul 22 2006, 07:08:07 PM
"Your note can suck my note cause your note is my note's bitch."

Listening to the soundtrack. I am so in love with this show I want to have a 5 way marriage with Hunter, Jeff, Heidi and Susan!

re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
 Jul 22 2006, 02:46:51 AM
I finally saw the show tonight (Fri 7/21) @ 10pm) and it was just absolutely wonderful. I laughed so much my face hurts and I got goosebumps and sniffly and I bought the CD on the way out and I'm already planning on seeing it again.

Heidi, Hunter and Jeff were all sensational, but I am in love with Susan.
She killed me.
(I think one of my favorite lines was "I'm giving them broken doll.")

But, then again, the Shields and Yarnell reference also slayed me.
Oh, man, w

re: The Pajama Game this week
 Jun 15 2006, 10:43:24 AM
On Monday afternoon they had "partial view" box seats available for the reg price of $110 for Saturday night (the final show).

I've heard that the orchestra boxes are MUCH better than the mezz boxes and that house left is better than house right.

sadly, i heard this after my friend's bought tickets for the house right mezz boxes.

When you CALL the Roundabout B.O. (they have limited hours) make sure and ask if they have any $110.00 tickets because they won't volunteer t

re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
 May 20 2006, 04:17:00 PM

But, seriously, it wasn't the thread so much as the memories of those moments that got me a little ferklempt.
Those moments of feeling like I'm a violin string, pulled very taut and vibrating with emotion. Positively thrumming.
It's why I love theatre.

It makes me remember how noble and beautiful and temporary and fragile we are and it makes me want to treat others more gently.

LA Boheme (I sobbed through most of Act I)
Caroline or Change (So much pain and so

re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
 May 20 2006, 03:32:36 PM

This THREAD made me cry.

re: Orchestra tickets for Caine Mutiny.. Just $29!!
 May 16 2006, 11:06:32 PM
Jerry Zaks strikes again?
re: Orchestra tickets for Caine Mutiny.. Just $29!!
 May 16 2006, 01:54:56 PM
For free I thought it was a clunky, poorly directed, reactionary piece of idiotic anti-intellectualism, coded homophobia and kitschy, ill-considered, intelligence-insulting, military worshipping, conformity-loving dreck.
(with 2 very good performances by the actors playing the 2 doctors in act I)

For $29 I would seriously have considered booing at the curtain call (or perhaps, before).

Whatever happened to critical thinking skills?
I blame television.
Seriously. <

re: Top Five Most Powerful Shows You've Seen
 Jan 25 2006, 09:31:11 PM
Okay, now you've got me doing it!

In no particular order:

A Chorus Line on Bway
(must've been 1982 or 83...1st show ever...showed me that in the theatre we can grieve for the things and people we have lost and then cry tears of joy when they blend back into the line for the finale...made me theatre dependent for the rest of my life...)

W;t
with Kathleen Chalfant once OB at Union Sq and once in LA at Geffen Playhouse. Much, much funnier than the film,

re: Best Set You've Ever Seen?
 Dec 6 2005, 12:48:26 AM
This thread has brought back so many great memories!

I can't get over the Light in the Piazza set. I enjoyed the show, but LOVED the set. I gasped in act II when...well, i'm not gonna do the spoiler thing, but...the use of empty space was as powerful as any set I've ever seen.

Baz Luhrmann's La Boheme also made me gasp, and I actually almost started crying when the lights came on in the Cafe Momus scene. I know. How pathetic. I was sitting there thinking: "I'm actually ferk

re: A question about 'Angels in America'
 Oct 19 2005, 11:53:24 PM
Um...my 2 cents...
Joe isn't "out" at the end of the action of the play.
(b4 the final flash-forward scene at the fountain)

If Joe is still not out when the fountain scene takes place...why the hell would he want to hang out with 3 queers and his mom? People who aren't out don't usually like to walk around in public places with people who are OUT OUT OUT.

Also, whether Joe is out or isn't...um...his mom is hanging out with the 1st man to ever break his heart into a mi

re: In My Life
 Oct 19 2005, 02:05:47 AM
It wasn't bad enough to be good.

In My Life is a show whose soullessness is rivaled only by the pointlessness of the characters and the crassness of the commercial jingles that try to pass themselves off as songs.

A brain-eating zombie of a show.

A $2 whore of a show tarted up to look like a high class hooker.

You can stay home and watch shoddy shows that insult your intelligence for free.

A non-attentive child's version of a Broadway show he once s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You