News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alovingfan

alovingfan Profile Photo
Member Name: alovingfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Mar 14 2024, 04:28:59 PM

How obstructive are those extreme side mezzanie and front orchestra seats?

Sweeney Todd. Will there be a press night for the new cast?  Mar 7 2024, 04:49:14 PM

Huss417 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "alovingfan said: "Per social media.. Adam Feldman goes the weekend of March 14."

This makes sense, getting the reviews out right before all the new springs shows open.
"

Personally if it is re-reviewed I would think Sutton will get raves and Aaron I can't even imagine what will be said.
"

I agree that Sutton will get raves.  I think Aaron will fare about as good a

Sweeney Todd. Will there be a press night for the new cast?  Mar 6 2024, 05:55:40 PM

Per social media.. Adam Feldman goes the weekend of March 14.  

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Nov 21 2023, 04:52:10 PM

yyys said: "Most likely because Nicole is not available. She is the only reason why this is selling well. I think they've said limited run since day one.

QueenAlice said:

"I still am confused why this is closing January 6 if it is not planning to come to Broadway this spring. Why wouldn't they try to move houses in London after the 6th then? its a big hit...

"

"

I don't think they were expecti

Where Are You, Dollypop?  Oct 23 2023, 05:37:22 PM

I had sent him a PM as well and never got a response  Hopefully he is well and just taking a break.  I miss Margo and PalJoey.  They disappeared suddenly as well.  Glad to see DAME is still around around as she had mentioned health issues as well.  I never got to interact much with After Eight.  But hope he is well.  Lets all just hope for good things for everyone.  Maybe they just got sick of BWW?  

FUNNY GIRL National Tour - Katerina McCrimmon as Fanny!  Oct 23 2023, 02:34:21 PM

She has been going on quite regularly.  From what I can tell from social media; at least twice a week.  I think that is good.  They both seem to be wonderful in the role.. and at least people that wanted a Jewish fanny can now get one.  

FUNNY GIRL National Tour - Katerina McCrimmon as Fanny!  Oct 8 2023, 12:11:02 PM

PabloJuan said: "Fanny standby Hannah Shankman stated in a TikTok video that she went on last Friday night as Fanny."

I think she has gone on a few times now. 

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Sep 24 2023, 07:52:37 PM

The Wiz is just not a good show.  But having said that.. I think people will have fun at this revival. The 70's vibe is great.  I wish they had taken it a little further. The singing is sensational and a new cast recording would be a definite purchase for me.  . The dancing was fun and one of the highlights.  Needs to be focused and brought in a little. 

The set and costumes are cheap as is the entire production value.  I am so sick of videos

Sunset Coming To Broadway New Year  Sep 23 2023, 07:48:31 PM

There is actually ZERO talk of this transferring right now.  Just too early.  Operation Mincemeat and Guys and Dolls are the only ones seriously being considered.  Both have gotten great reviews and both have confirmations from the creatives that things seem to be moving forward.  

Broadway during the Jewish High Holidays  Aug 31 2023, 05:47:07 PM

As far as audience ateendance.. it seems that every single show has wide availability during Rosh Hashana. 

I saw her Sunday -- it was a surprisingly muted performance all around...  Aug 30 2023, 01:17:04 PM

DAME said: "We were suppose to go last night. Thanks to this thread I found out she was out. I was fortunate we were just a few blocks away from the theater and was able to swing by the box office for a refund. I have seen all the Fannys and had no interest in seeing Benko again ( she is perfectly lovely in the role ). I do hope that people realize that they could ask for their money back and buy or trade for the price difference at a Benko performance. As long as you got an official

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Aug 23 2023, 12:28:39 PM

I don't know how these things work.. so forgive my ignorance.  But it is interesting to me that just as the show is about to close there are so many actors in it taking scheduled vacations.  Is it on purpose to give swings and understudies a chance to go on one more time?  That is very sweet  if it is.  Weird that Tovah would be off now when the show is about to close.. and by the last I saw of her social media.. she is just in the city taking in other shows. 

Little Shop of Horrors question  Jul 31 2023, 04:03:25 PM

It is astonishing to me that all that is left  on Jeremy nights are the $250 premium tickets.  And they seem to be flying as well.  Any chance he will extend? 

Shorts in the theater  Jul 29 2023, 05:10:54 PM

The Body Odor at the Nederlander theater this afternoon was unbearable.  They were cranking the air.  Not sure what else they could do.  But those seats are tight and everyone is on top of each other.  Kind of gross.   Energy in the audience was definitely muted.  YES ON THE SHORTS!

Little Shop of Horrors question  Jul 27 2023, 04:05:13 PM

Bette's Turban said: "How bad is row A seats 2 and 4 all the way on the side? Seems like my only option on a Jeremy Jordan night."

You will be fine.  Thats where I sat.  It is up close. And the stoop is on that side.  But it is not obstructed.  You are definitely on the side.. but you will feel like you have your own private show going on.  Enjoy.  

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 26 2023, 03:31:27 PM

Sutton Ross said: "There are always going to be nights when the star has a choice: disappoint by not showing up, or disappoint by being crap.

Exactly, she strikes me a perfectionist and if she cannot be amazing, she would rather have the excellent Julie go on in her place. Julie is an incredible Fanny and I think there is a level of trust between them (unlike the other one) that Julie will come through and kill it.

Stars call off all the time. I get peo

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 26 2023, 03:29:41 PM

I miss the days of Ether Merman and Carol Channing.  They would never miss.  I also don't think they would post pictures of themselves at leisure if they were out.  Except since there was no social media in those days.. they were probably out and no one ever knew about it.   I am just rambling.  Lea is sensational in this show and to miss her performance is something to regret.  

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 25 2023, 10:21:16 PM

pair-o-dice said: "Am I the only one who follows Julie Benko on social media? Because every time she has a big concert or gig, Lea seems to take off and be "sick" out-of-the-blue the days leading up to it. Like, Julie had a Birdland concert and live stream last night and Lea was suddenly under the weather this weekend."

My mind went there as well.  But I don't believe it.  

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 14 2023, 02:13:05 PM

SeanD2 said: "Bette's Turban said: "I am glad to see that the cray cray's on the Tok have moved on to rant about the strike. I swear, one girl spent two days in the same position on her living room floor dissecting the whole tour thing... and then morphed onto samples using In The Heights and so on. I just wanted her to at least take a break and shower.."

I know who you're talking about, and TikTok "influencers" have to keep the ran

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 12 2023, 03:47:32 PM

Phillyguy said: "Identity politics have gotten so out of hand that people feel they are entitled to know the religion/ethnicity/race of every public figure. What's worse is that people always assume for the worst, and don't even give each out the benefit of the doubt.

They probably advertised that she is Cuban American because there are not a lot of Cuban Americans in musical theater. They were celebrating diversity and probably didn't think they need to state

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You