News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PB ENT.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
Member Name: PB ENT.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://pbentertainmentinc.com
Blog Address:
Profile: PB Entertainment bringing Broadway and professional Regional artists to YOU since 2003. Fundraising concerts, theater masterclasses/ workshops and so much more. We will produce an entertaining program for your company, community, theater group or school. Sit back and let us do all the work.

www.Broadwayworld.com
Theater reviews/interviews "Philadelphia /New Jersey/New York etc.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wildhorn News  Oct 15 2015, 09:27:01 PM

I wouldn't mind another staging of "Pimpernel" or "Waiting For the Moon aka "Scott & Zelda". Just not sure he should bring it to Broadway as my friend Frank does not fare well on those famous 12/13 blocks of NYC. Also wouldn't mind another try at "Civil War". These were my favorite Wildhorn shows. Just my 2 cents.

AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jun 26 2015, 08:44:39 PM

Yikes! sorry to hear this.  I had hoped it would be given at least good to mixed reviews.  The preview ads look impressive and some of the music that I've heard sounds compelling. While a show does not necessarily hinge on the vocal talents of its leads, Josh Young is one heck of a talented singer and actor.  

I know Josh and how thrilled he is to be part of this and how hard he works to make every role his best.  It's so refreshing to hear that a "new" producti

BWW Interview " The Making of the Kevin Gray Tribute CD  Jun 18 2015, 04:41:40 PM

Kevin's wife Dodie Pettit shares her story of how 150 people came together to pay musical tribute to Broadway's Kevin Gray.  This is an incredibly well done CD and one you may want to have in your Broadway collection. The packaging for the double CD is one of the best I've see.   Dodie's vocal arrangements are wonderful. Orchestrations top notch and the vocalists are extraordinary. What a fine tribute!  The proceeds of  CD sales go to two foundations set up in Kevin's name. Photo gallery of the artists recording to follow.

All the info. is linked below:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Interview-Dodie-Petitt-The-Making-of-Kevin-Gray-Memorial-CD-20150618

Frank Wildhorn's Freedom's Song DC reviews  Mar 26 2015, 07:11:42 PM
Interesting that there's a re-invention of this project. Always thought it was a good piece that just got lost in whatever else was happenning on Broadway back in the day. That and the fact that some people loved to bash Frank. The last version I covered at
a smaller professional venue in NJ. was really impressive. In fact people who saw this on Broadway were equally impressed. It's one of his better works, imo.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/new-jersey/article/BWW-Reviews-Eagle-Theatres-THE-CIVIL-WAR-is-Glorious-20140925

Norm Lewis Replacement?  Jan 12 2015, 09:00:20 PM

moved to " James Barbour" thread.

Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming  Jan 10 2015, 04:39:13 PM
Stunt casting for mediocre repeated shows end when the 'star' leaves. Saw the tour. It was fair. Just another opinion.
Norm Lewis Replacement?  Jan 10 2015, 02:11:54 PM
Julia is outstanding and seems thrilled to be there. IMO, the newly staged version was very creative and brings a fresh new slant to the show with a younger slightly updated feel without creating a sacrilege to the original. The sets were surprisingly good, though I did miss the Red Death arising from the staircase! Is the 'newly staged' version still touring? It's worth seeing.
Christine alternate schedule  Jan 10 2015, 02:05:48 PM
IMO, Julia Udine is an outstanding Christine. Very strong, yet refreshingly new. Saw her in the Philly tour of the newly staged version. Very impressed.
Norm Lewis Replacement?  Jan 8 2015, 09:12:02 PM
Norm has always spent a measure of time on the West Coast, where he is also very popular in other entertainment industries that might attract him. I'm hoping to hear who's returning and have my picks too. Either way, the show is still in good shape. Highly suggest you see Julia Undine as Christine. She's given the role a fresh new feel. So happy a South Jersey girl gets to play this on Broadway.
Walnut St. Thea. Announces 2015-16 Season  Jan 2 2015, 08:44:25 PM
Since many NY theatergoers come to Philly now and then...

Walnut Street Theatre’s 207th Anniversary Season includes:

HIGH SOCIETY (Sept. 8 – Oct. 25)
Opening night: September 16, 7pm

CHRISTMAS STORY, THE MUSICAL (Nov. 10 – Jan. 10)
Opening night: November 18, 7pm

HARVEY (Jan. 19 – Mar. 6)
Opening night: January 27, 7pm

PETER AND THE STARCATCHER (Mar. 15 – May 1)
Opening night: March 23, 7pm

SISTER ACT (May 17 – July 1

Norm Lewis Replacement?  Jan 2 2015, 08:35:27 PM
I have heard talk about a former phantom who toured a few years back is being considered. Hoping it will be true.
Just let it go  Jan 2 2015, 08:32:00 PM
"Let It Go" already. Unless you are ready to walk in her shoes and perform in frigid temps. to others expectations. No one in the business, as performers that is, are spewing about any of this.
What Do They Do In Between Gigs?  Jul 17 2014, 03:04:59 PM
If the actors are fortunate to have had long running shows or been in frequent Bd'w shows they are wise to bank some of their income. Many still have agents who look for performing opportunities from year to year such as concerting if they are self-contained with charts & accompaniment.( Craig Schulman, Jeri Sager, Linda Eder and many more). Some develop and produce shows to market (Rob Evan), to name a few.

Some decide to write music, open studios, teach etc. (Ray McLeod, Tony V

Breaking News: Broadway Stars Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess to Take Over in PHANTOM This May!  Mar 21 2014, 12:08:11 PM
Very happy that Norm will have a chance to do this, as are many of his fans and friends. It is indeed a dream role for him. He IS one of the nicest persons in the industry to work with and to know.
Broadway's Schulman/Wagner/Kennedy in Le Miserables-NCT  Feb 3 2014, 03:36:17 PM
Took care of it ... Lizzie, 'tanks'

Broadway's Schulman/Wagner/Kennedy in Les Miserables-NCT  Feb 3 2014, 02:13:21 PM
So happy, proud of this amazing group of people together once again to do what they do best. Especially thrilled for the return of Director Dave Clemmons. Break Legs, my friends.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/raleigh/article/North-Carolina-Theatre-to-Open-LES-MISERABLES-Feb-11-20140131

Sam Harris's HAM: SLICES OF A LIFE at 54 Below  Jan 17 2014, 06:48:19 PM
Sam Harris in one of my favorite stand alone artists to see in concert. His story telling, his humor, honesty and uniquely wonderful vocals make him one of the most charismatic personalities to grab the audience and never let them go! I've had the pleasure of seeing him in shows and getting to know him during a solo concert and interview. He truly delights. In his own words " I AM really Aretha Franklin" in a man's body.

Frank Langella as King Lear  Jan 17 2014, 06:40:34 PM
Sorry to hear you were disappointed with Langella's performance. I've admired his work for a long time. Do you think it's because of directional decisions or was he just not good in the role? He's such a polished actor.
Breaking News: TITANIC to Sail Back to Broadway in Fall 2014; Toronto Run Begins July 22!  Jan 16 2014, 10:54:14 PM
Ghostlight ~ I know this. IMO, Just a disappointing production of dreadful storytelling, cheap sets, pedestrian characters and forgettable music for the most part. The overall reviews were unimpressive the first time around.

Found an old review that pretty much sums up what I thought as well. It ran through about 800 performances. Yes, it won awards, though I don't agree it was deserving. My vote didn't count! I just hate to see so many revivals trying to re-invent a way to succeed when it was never that good to begin with. That's just my view. Time will tell how long it stays afloat this time.

http://www.ibdb.com/reviews/index.php?id=4746

Breaking News: TITANIC to Sail Back to Broadway in Fall 2014; Toronto Run Begins July 22!  Jan 16 2014, 10:25:50 PM
For the most part, boring sets, unforgettable songs, shallow characters. This ship sank once on Broadway, why resurrect it again? IMO.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You