News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cbj97

Member Name: cbj97
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hello Dolly starring Carolee Carmello
 Oct 10 2019, 10:43:11 AM

So excited to see it tonight!

Hello Dolly starring Carolee Carmello
 Sep 26 2019, 11:52:46 AM

I'm seeing it in their next tour stop! I'll make sure to report back after!

PARENT TRAP musical to premiere in the UK in 2020
 Sep 24 2019, 11:54:25 AM

If only this had happened about 8 years ago when my identical twin sister (and we happen to be redheads who were often called mini Lindsey Lohans growing up) and I were in the right age range! 

Cosplay during shows
 Sep 23 2019, 01:25:35 PM

I'm not into Beetlejuice so I have no idea what that cosplay entails, but personally I say you do whatever will make the experience the most enjoyable for you. With the caveat that it not have any large hat/wig etc that might block others' view of the stage. And it seems like Kelvin enjoys it and people have done it before so I'd say go ahead!

Mental illness and working in theatre
 Sep 10 2019, 10:55:11 AM

inmyownlittlecorner said: "As soon as I saw the title, my heart stopped because of the last time we talked about mental health here, ha.

I can’t think of a show that I’ve been in where there hasn’t been someone who suffers from some mental health issue. And that’s excluding myself! There’s just so much of a stigma around being mentally ill, especially with anxiety disorders, that people don’t talk about it.

I suffer f

Amber Gray fan mail
 Sep 6 2019, 05:37:41 PM

I sent mail to her when she was in Great Comet, and got a response from her several months after they closed. She sent me a signed playbill along with a very sweet and encouraging 2 page letter!

Tourette's And Being A Respectful Audience Member
 Jul 31 2019, 09:38:42 AM

I think it's probably a good idea to give people a heads up before the show, although I could also completely understand if you're not comfortable doing that. I have worked a lot with kids with autism and other special needs, and even if they did something inappropriate/harmful towards a stranger, people are generally pretty understanding when I explain the situation to them. I've of course had a few people who are jerks about it, but I think it's often better to say something

Wearing Costumes/Cosplay to Broadway Shows
 Jul 30 2019, 03:36:41 PM

For what it's worth, I remember one time seeing Amanda Jane Cooper and Jessica Vosk post pictures on their instagrams with two girls at the stage door dressed as Glinda and Elphaba and they both seemed to be really excited that audience members came in costume. So take that for what you will

Personally, I'm of the belief that if it isn't harming anyone, then who cares? If it doesn't negatively impact you, then I think it's none of your business how others behave/dre

Broadway dancer Amar Ramasar reinstated by NY City Ballet
 May 21 2019, 11:24:42 PM

SweetLips22 said: "I was watching ice couples dancing[that sounds a bit weird], anyway, I paused mid-leap and the guys hand was firmly embedded in the ladys crutch to hold her up. This is obviously allowed as there is a lot of personal contact with dancing and has NOTHING to do with the disgusting behaviour of Amar but how long before we read complaints about this.

Complaints about this are actually very active in the skating world at the moment, with former pairs skater

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You