News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tshell88

tshell88 Profile Photo
Member Name: tshell88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Oct 9 2008, 01:17:40 PM
No, before. Due to an IT band injury. She didn't end up getting to play Ursula
 Oct 9 2008, 08:49:10 AM
I believe Heidi was originally scheduled to play Ursula March 30 - she left TLM not long before that
AVE Q Toronto
 Aug 25 2008, 04:13:08 PM
I doubt lottery would be a sure bet for the closing show. I did lottery last week and I did win, but I'd say less than half the people who entered actually won. Everyone who didn't win was able to get rush, but they were told that there were only a few left - so again, it's possible that the allocated rush tickets will sell out before lottery happens, especially for the closing. Not saying you shouldn't try - just something to think about before taking the trip

Aug 19 2008, 09:57:00 AM
Frustrating that i had to leave ny last weekend and not this weekend! Heidi and Susan a this week's Chatterbox: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/120527.html
re: LITTLE MERMAID: Student Rush?
 Aug 10 2008, 01:22:57 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't really have a set policy. They'll sell tickets if they have them available - and I think it also depends on who's at the box office. I went last month when the show was nearly sold out. It was probably 3pm for a 7pm show and I got a ticket at the back of the orchestra off to the side for $30 with my student ID. If you want to see it and can chance it, just go to the box office and see what they say day-of.
 Aug 1 2008, 11:28:29 PM
you went to love, inc? if you had to pick up your ticket at the box office, you picked it up from me!

i was excited when i saw mary stout's name on the guestlist, but the person she was with picked up her ticket and she went straight into the theatre, so i didn't even get to see her.

re: RENT TICKET?
 Jul 3 2008, 12:00:03 PM
When I spoke with the box office about a month ago, I was told tickets exchanged for closing night will be available for pick on the day of only.
re: DANCAP PRODUCTIONS
 Jun 7 2008, 10:31:26 PM
I'll agree that Dancap's first season wasn't as successful (so far) as probably anticipated, but I love what it's done for commercial theatre in the city. Mirvish had no competition for a long time and so they started getting lazy, knowing people would come regardless of what they put on because there were no other options in terms of large-scale productions. Well, Dancap changed that and Mirvish took many of the big touring productions for next year.

Unfortunately there is a lack of th

re: Favorite Spelling Bee quotes?
 Feb 10 2008, 09:54:29 PM
from the show last week in toronto - my favourite line was about a guest speller wearing jeans and a blue/aqua coloured shirt - "her school colours are denim and smurf"
re: Sierra Boggess on Today show
 Jan 26 2008, 08:47:24 AM
they just announced she's performing next...

(i assume i'm watching buffalo's feed)

re: NYC Greyhound Station
 Nov 29 2007, 08:30:39 PM
it's my experience, on long greyhound bus rides from new york, people tend to get there quite a bit earlier than in other places. if you're at all picky about where you sit, i'd recommend at least just going over about an hour before to check how much of a line there is.
re: Getting around Toronto...Help!
 Aug 26 2007, 07:54:10 PM
Depending on when during the month you'll be in Toronto - at the Diesel Playhouse, Evil Dead is playing until the 8th and Jewtopia begins performances on the 23rd. And Funny Busindess - the Musical, which was wonderful in the Toronto Fringe Festival, is being done in the Diesel's cabaret space. http://www.dieselplayhouse.com/

Soulpepper also has a couple shows that will be running through September. http://www.soulpepper.ca/

re: Shows with a clown in it.
 Mar 17 2007, 12:19:11 AM
The production of Orpheus Descending I was involved with had a clown in it - it's not a particularly important character, but I think it's written into the script that it is a clown.
re: Student Rush, Lottery, and SRO
 Mar 11 2007, 12:46:56 PM
i'd suggest using talkinbroadway's list as a guideline but then double check the information for the shows you're wanting to see. while most of the information is accurate, it's not always updated right when policies are changed
re: Is That You In Your Avatar? Part 3!
 Mar 10 2007, 09:54:14 PM
Ryerson is a block (ok, a block and a half...) from the Cannon.

I haven't asked anyone from Mirvish myself, but I have heard from several people that WWRY will be doing a lottery

re: Mirvish Toronto 07/08 Season
 Jan 22 2007, 04:08:37 PM
I've seen Orpheus Descending! A whole bunch of times. I assisted the sound designer for the Toronto portion of the tour and had an amazing time. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, AJ. My opinion may be slightly biased, but I really do love this production of the show and would highly recommend it! (but beware of the seats on the extreme sides, especially house right...you miss some vital staging up on the platform at the end of act III)
re: The History Boys movie showings
 Nov 20 2006, 07:19:19 PM
Akiva,

(You're not online so I'll ask you here...)

Do you know if Terry has any more passes? If she doesn't...do you already have someone to go with? :) Stupid class that goes until too late for me to see Terry at all!

re: Current Cast of Rent on Broadway?
 Jun 6 2006, 11:46:00 PM
based on the recognition the cast gave her and her wave goodbye at the end of tonight's curtain call (separate from the rest of the cast waving goodbye...) I'd say tonight was Kenna's last show
re: Now Casting Link Larkin in Hairspray Movie
 Apr 3 2006, 01:30:48 AM
akiva, do you have another plan? or am i still your plan? because i'm still totally willing to make this work for you. i know how much this means to you. keep me posted!
re: Albee's THE GOAT (or WHO IS SYLVIA?)
 Dec 9 2005, 10:28:10 PM
Not all of your friends hated it, Akiva! I saw the CanStage version during previews (with Simon) and we both loved it. It was over a month ago, so my mind's a little muffled as to why we loved it, but it was enough to make me think about seeing it again. I know my parents also liked it quite a bit.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You