News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sporkie

Sporkie Profile Photo
Member Name: Sporkie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: norbert leo butz out last night
 Oct 11 2005, 11:04:44 PM
Um, this is kinda a non-sequitor, but on the Sat. matinee he lost his voice for one second in the scene where they sit on the chairs talking to each other, and the entire audience rose for a standing ovation since everyone thought the show was over and he was cracking up. But then everyone stopped clapping and they picked up where they left off. It was tres bizzare. But they got two standing ovations. Or is that normally part of the show?
re: Best Musicals Not Many People Have Heard Of...
 Aug 12 2005, 01:21:00 AM
Starmites (Well, at least the song Superhero Girl)
Good Stories
 Aug 12 2005, 01:09:25 AM
What cast recordings have good stories in them? What I mean, is what can you enjoy best by sitting down for an hour or two and listening to the stories? For example, I've never seen March of the Falsettos, but listening to Falsettoland, I just started crying and am in the process of falling in love with it. Most other things don't have that-for example, Spelling Bee is confusing occasionally. If anyone can reccomend anything, I'd be extremely happy!
re: Who has seen the Broadway musical' Wicked'
 Jul 31 2005, 10:10:56 PM
Wow...I'm also hearting you, Littlefish
re: Songs That You Used to Hate But Now You Like
 Jun 28 2005, 08:09:42 AM
All of Movin' Out
Do What youWant to me from Joseph
A Sleepin' Bee is Like a Melody

re: The worst musical song
 Jun 28 2005, 08:06:53 AM
I hate Over the Moon-I know it's intended to look ironic, but it sounds terrible. Oh, and not to offend anyone, but I really hate the Phantom Movie, and Gerard Butler's voice.
re: What aspect of theatre would you like to learn more about?
 Jun 27 2005, 10:42:53 PM
I can do sound, lighting, and I've acted and been on running crew, but I spend most of my time with construction. I guess I'd like to learn more about sound out of all of those, since everything I've mentioned so far has been in my high school (I'm going to be lighting director for Chorus Line in the spring, and I'm excited) but our sound is a disaster. Our 3,000 person pool has failed to produce anyone who can manage a sound board, even though it is a math and science school.

EDIT: A

re: Seeking a one act play
 Jun 27 2005, 10:07:59 PM
St. Stanislaus is Outside the House. a little over 30 mins, I think, but amazing. Five people, three boys and two girls (Although we did three girls and two guys with no changes but one stage direction)
re: Bloopers and stuff
 Jun 27 2005, 09:51:35 PM
Someone was playing Eponine in Rent, and after she dies she plays one of the revolutionaries, and the had a huge bag of M&Ms in her pocket, and as she died a dramatic death over the barricade the M&Ms fell individually out of her pocket and spilled across the stage. I forget who it was, but I heard her tell the story on Seth's Broadway Chatterbox.
re: Currently Listening to?
 Jun 27 2005, 05:44:53 PM
Movin' Out
re: In what shows....
 Jun 27 2005, 05:20:07 PM
I have the opposite-I listen to all of the show except for one or two songs. Usually the overture-I always skip Over the Moon in Rent, and In My Life in Le Miz.
re: Photo Coverage: 2005 Gay Pride Awards
 Jun 27 2005, 05:17:30 PM
I like his hair
re: How many Cast albums do you own?
 Jun 27 2005, 05:12:29 PM
ZERO! (I <3 broadwayworld's radio and Sirius Satellite Radio- Mad Props to Seth Rudetsky)
re: Caroline's Tesori May Score Shrek - playbill.com
 Jun 27 2005, 04:50:43 PM
Sigh ... I don't want there to be a Shrek musical because THEME PARK. Shrek has no integrity.
re: What's your favorite song from the broadway musical; Chicago?
 Jun 27 2005, 04:33:50 PM
Oh, and I forgot Class! Class is so awesome! Ooops.
re: What's your favorite song from the broadway musical; Chicago?
 Jun 27 2005, 04:28:26 PM
All that Jazz, and number two is They Both Went fot the Gun
favorite gay characters
 Jun 27 2005, 04:26:20 PM
I do have to say that I love Peter from BARE despite his recent origin, and I love Angel from Rent and Albin from La Cage...sigh. I've been trying to get around to experiencing Falsettos for a while, and thank you for the other reccomendations as well.
re: POTO in 3 words (from IMDB)
 Jun 27 2005, 01:36:52 PM
with a spork.
re: POTO in 3 words (from IMDB)
 Jun 27 2005, 09:22:21 AM
...that the mice...
Gary Beach - out & proud in front of 1600 people
 Jun 27 2005, 09:21:26 AM
I listened to an interview of the Altar Boyz and at least one of them was def. gay, and talked about it briefly, but I got tem all mixed up, so I can't say who
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You