News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AngusN

Member Name: AngusN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kristin Chenoweth in Wicked
 Sep 13 2020, 10:29:19 AM

Fosse76 said: "TheQuibbler said: "The Lion King has managed to keep its actors in check."

Not in London they haven’t. The Lion King in the West End is far more of a pantomime than what it was, which is why I always prefer the tours; they are not.

First Look @ Mame in the UK!
 Oct 12 2019, 03:21:13 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Gosh, that stage is tiny.

I don't think Tracie Bennett has ever been better than she was as Judy. She can come across as cold onstage, and here her voice is a little grating(though take with a grain of salt because it's a minute and a half from a preview performance).But maybe I just have Angela embedded in my ear.
"

I saw Tracie twice in End of the Rainbow and didn’t think I’d ever witness another perf

Phantom of the Opera - And why I finally get it
 Sep 23 2019, 03:45:53 PM
I think if you genuinely want to “finally get it”, you need to see the production at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London. I’ve seen many tours, as well as the Broadway production and morning compares to the original production. On Broadway it felt like a concert version with terrible accents.
Rob McClure...Mrs. Doubtfire...
 Sep 5 2019, 07:09:45 PM

barcelona20 said:
I agree 100%. How about a non-traditional casting choice? Do you think it crossed their minds at all?"

Because many people, like it or not, want to feel the nostalgia of the film and the characters that they loved watching play out as they did in the film. That appears to be part of the reason Tootsie hasn’t received the response it could and should have: because of the revised theatrical context, and Lilli, who is a fabulous performer, j

Miss Saigon Ages Horribly In Era Of #MeToo And Authentic Representation
 Jul 30 2019, 03:49:06 AM
You could say this about many musicals based on the past. I’m sure there’s a lot to say about Oliver being abused and Nancy suffering at the hands of the misogynist Bill Sykes.
There’s Higgins’ treatment of Eliza and her subsequent return to him.
The much discussed relationships between Fred and Lilli in Kiss Me Kate.
Like many have said, we must put these shows in the context of the era they are set.

Jul 19 2019, 03:34:19 PM

Jacaranda2 said: "Graham is an enemy of the LGBTQ community. He deserves to be called out. THANK YOU, Patti LuPone! You speak for me."

Called out for his despicable behaviour? Yes, absolutely. But called out for being gay? No! It should never be used as an insult, otherwise you are just as guilty of homophobia as those that you criticise. In a time when the LGBTQ community are coming under attack from many, we should be making positive associations with the word &lsq

Patti’s Tweet
 Jul 19 2019, 11:13:47 AM

So, what are people’s thoughts on Patti's Tweet?
I must admit, I don’t think attempting to out someone, or implying someone is gay because they don't call someone out, is acceptable.

I understand her frustration and anger, but there are different ways to call someone out. 

Patti’s Tweet:
Lindsey Graham you are a disgrace. On a personal note, why dont you just bite the bullet and come out. You might just come to

Beetlejuice Cast Member Death
 Jun 23 2019, 04:34:52 PM
Has this anything to do with the threats at the stage door?
Question Re. Official West End Ticket Site
 Jun 23 2019, 04:27:05 PM
I usually use TodayTix, a reputable site, with offers etc
Gyllenhaal and Ashford to lead West End SUNDAY/PARK in 2020
 Jun 21 2019, 01:24:13 AM
As others have stated, I too thought Ashford was terribly miscast. It’s such a shame they didn’t find a more suitable Dot.
Great Scores But Weak Shows?
 May 16 2019, 01:59:27 AM

broadwayindie said: "Little Women epitomizes this"

What? The Little Women story is one of the greatest and most popular stories of all time. Personally, I think Allan Knee’s book does the novel justice. It’s a cracking show.

Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix
 May 12 2019, 03:27:22 PM
Not Corden. No! No! No! Unfortunately, he’ll alienate a huge UK audience if he goes with Corden, as he isn’t very well liked over here.
Trevor Nunn is directing The Bridges of Madison County in London
 May 7 2019, 05:57:12 PM
Joanna Riding would be absolute perfection.
Filmed live stage version of Kinky Boots to air. HAIRSPRAY is probably next!
 May 4 2019, 01:26:12 PM
Plus, we don’t have to listen to the dreadful attempts at a British accent. Annaleigh Ashford’s accent makes Dick Van Dyke’s cockney accent sound authentic.
Hadestown Reviews
 Apr 18 2019, 07:53:21 AM
Will we be getting a new cast recording, do you think, now that the show has changed? I don’t know how much it has changed since they first recorded it.
Should Katharine McPhee do more broadway?
 Apr 18 2019, 07:42:04 AM
Yes, she’s terrific in Waitress in the West End; she brings a completely different approach to Jenna and her performance is a breath of fresh air.
I’d love to see her play Louise in Gypsy (not that we need another revival yet) or a role in a Wildhorn show.

Kelli O'Hara and KISS ME KATE -LIVE!
 Apr 17 2019, 09:09:12 AM
Personally, I don’t enjoy her singing of the score; it sounds too operatic for a Cole Porter show. I much prefer Marin’s and Rachel York’s vocals on the recent revival cast recording and DVD respectively.
I think on the Rogers and Hammerstein scores and especially The Bridges... score her voice sounds sublime.

Burn This Reviews
 Apr 17 2019, 03:08:18 AM
What does Hofler mean by this? And what a ridiculous comment to make in a review anyway.
Robert Hofler, TheWrap: Into all of this terribly "you're OK, I'm OK, who cares if anyone out there's not gay" world drops Adam Driver.

Kelli O'Hara and KISS ME KATE -LIVE!
 Apr 16 2019, 05:34:46 PM

“SJB seems unlikely for a win, I’d be curious to see how many winners have come out of jukebox musicals."

Why, exactly?

Jessie Mueller for Beautiful, and SJB’s performance is far superior to that performance. 

Kelli O 'Hara and KISS ME KATE -LIVE!
 Apr 15 2019, 10:09:07 AM
I think it’s between Stephanie and Beth; I really don’t see Kelli winning this - she’s seriously miscast and her interpretation lacks the comedy and fire needed for Lilli Vanessi.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You