News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bret

Bret Profile Photo
Member Name: Bret
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hello there!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

EVITA question
 Feb 8 2010, 11:04:30 PM
It serves as her introduction to high society. She sees the upper classes on display, and it sparks her desire to move up the social ranks.
re: Elphaba on Broadway recast?
 Dec 2 2008, 09:50:32 PM
Yes, Alyssa has been cast as Elphaba(as per her facebook, as well as a conversation). As mentioned above, she will be taking over the role(Full time, not as an understudy or standby) in whichever US production has an opening first(excluding, I assume, San Fran, since thats not technically a "replacement").

Having known Alyssa since elementary school(Yes, I remember when she played Napolean Bonaparte in a musical about Lewis and Clark...), I can honestly say she is one of the kindest, m

re: IF you had to steal ONE THING from a Broadway show...
 Jul 25 2008, 01:59:26 PM
The Balcony of the Casa Rosada.
re: Company (2008 revival) HAT??
 Jul 22 2008, 10:57:06 PM
I'll drink to that.
re: Miss Saigon's orchestra in London?
 Jul 22 2008, 09:01:56 PM
My guess is that the 72 person orchestra was in reference to the Complete Symphonic recording.
re: people in lighting booth at rent watching tv? distracting?
 Jul 11 2008, 12:37:45 AM
I see no problem with occupying yourself with a quiet activity to pass the time, as long as it doesn't distract from the performance. Heck, right now I am pit singing in a local show, and I always have a book with me for the stretches where I do nothing. In the opera world, its even common for musicians to leave the pit for stretches when they aren't playing. What was not kosher, however, were the 2 bassoon players at the Met carrying on a conversation during act two of Traviata. The acousti
re: Have you ever left at intermission?
 May 4 2008, 02:27:04 PM
The closest I've ever come to walking out was during the most recent tour of Starlight Express.(The one with the 3d movies). My friends and I decided to stay for the camp factor, and ended up having a great time(no thanks to the show)
re: Angels Theater
 Apr 30 2008, 05:08:39 PM
I'm not sure about New Orleans, but its playing here in Shreveport(Northwest corner of the state) for 2 weeks this fall, and is being called a Pre-Broadway engagement.
re: Brief Brooklyn Tour Review-ish--8/4/06
 Aug 5 2006, 02:18:44 AM
Oh good! I expect an invite to the wedding, of course.
re: Les Mis - Scenery?
 Aug 2 2006, 04:24:41 PM
Imitation cobblestone floor, with revolve, barricades, gate, background with shutters, and other pieces such as tables brought on as needed.
re: 'SHAIMless' HAIRSPRAY Movie pics
 Aug 1 2006, 12:28:30 PM
I love the costumes! They look very authentic. Thanks for the sneak peek!
re: Where are the tapes from the CHORUS LINE tape sessions?
 Jul 31 2006, 10:45:42 PM
I would love to listen to the tapes. I'm sure they are absolutely fascinating.
re: Brooklyn Tour - 7/27/06
 Jul 31 2006, 12:48:42 AM
Saw the show tonight. I think that the biggest problem facing the production is the material itself. "Once Upon a Time" really stood out to me, as it was the strongest number in the score. The basic story is good, and I really liked the framing device used, by having the "city weeds" tell the story. However, when they randomly stopped the show to thank someone for giving money, I felt as though the show just...stopped. The set really impressed me, as did the creative costumes. While not
re: BKLYN Tour in Dallas?
 Jul 25 2006, 02:06:43 PM
I'm going on Sunday night. I'm somewhat excited, although I'm not a fan of the show, based on the CD. I am, however, thrilled to hear Ms. Deguarmo(spelling?) sing "Once Upon a Time".
re: Hunter or Sutton...who is the better Foster?
 Jul 22 2006, 12:23:47 PM
I personally believe that as a perrfomer, Sutton is the stronger Foster. While yes, Hunter must be doing something right to keep getting cast, something about him just bothers me.
re: The new Man of La Mancha Tour
 Jul 20 2006, 11:56:08 PM
All I know is that it is non equity, as there is a one night stop in Shreveport, LA, where I'll be at college.
re: Highest note belted on a cast recording?
 Jul 20 2006, 11:54:56 AM
It is her head voice on TG. And I'm with Joshua. As impressive as Eden's note may be, despite its slight nasality, its a head/chest mix. I'm curious as to what the highest purely belted not eis.
re: Better Lovett: Lansbury or LuPone?
 Jul 13 2006, 11:04:56 PM
I'm on the "apples/oranges" bandwagon. Both deliver fantastic performances of the same material, in what is more or lass a comletely different show. Angela did a fabulous job of originating the role as a more comedic character, while Patti completely reinvented Lovett as a darker, almost more sophisticated woman.
re: Mamma Mia Questions
 Jul 13 2006, 11:01:28 PM
I love the show simpley because it is such fun. When I saw it here in Dallas this past Sunday, my friend Meredith and I laughed basically every time a song started, just because the majority were so random and forced. Its a fun evening though. And yes, people do sing and dance during the finale.
re: Favorite 'Rose's Turn' On Recording?
 Jul 13 2006, 01:08:48 AM
Based on those I've heard...
Ethel Merman-Not my favorite, but I can see why she was such an in demand performer in her day.
Bernadette Peters-I like her. It may not be the most stunning vocally, but she sings it as though her world is crumbling, which I like.
Tyne Daly-My first Rose(on CD). I really like her. Her rough vocal quality does not bother me, and I feel she acts it well.
Angela-On the whole good. Bad orchestra, but she shines.
Bette -Sounds fine v

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You