News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mrs B

Member Name: Mrs B
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: re: the Sociological Reconstruction of the Wiz
 Mar 15 2004, 12:58:43 AM
Orphan-

There are several black shows- PORGY AND BESS, ONCE ON THIS ISLAND, AIN'T MISBEHAVIN', PURLIE, RAISIN, HALLELUJAH BABY. Please get your facts straight- the WIZ is NOT the "only" black show.

As for multiculturalism- unfortunately, it seems to only go for African Americans. Now and then there is a token Asian (do you REALLY think an AfAmer actor would play a stereotyped role like the two lackeys in TMM?) or Hispanic but mostly audiences are asked to suspend belief and ignore

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Seth's Broadway Chatterbox and BroadwayWorld.com Radio Join Forces
 Jan 13 2004, 12:56:43 AM
Blah blah blah

The one good thing about it being on the radio is no one is forced to see Seth's face.

Why do people think Seth, who is a parasite, using other people's celebrity to attempt to create his own celebrity, is so wonderful? He does the whole "hide behind charity work (that furthers HIS agenda) so people cannot criticize him. Win/win. His lyrics for the Tony's sucked. Leave that to the Forbidden Broadway team.

He's famous for being gay and because someone wrote a g

Liza Minelli
 Jan 11 2004, 12:39:50 AM
So I'm home sick, eating garlic toast and chicksn matzoh ball soup. I should be studying but I was watching SNL, suffering thru for Weekend Update. Tina Fey did not let me down.

She read a blurb about David Gest saying Liza had hidden a medical condition from him. She concluded by saying something along the lines of:

"Sorry Daivd, a vagina is not a medical condition."

I laughed so hard I spilled my soup.

Tina Fey- she should be writing for Broadway!

Stay health

re: re: re: Photo Coverage: Max von Essen at the Ars Nova Theater
 Jan 8 2004, 10:33:55 PM
Not nice to do that to a girl!

All that delicious eye candy and then- bam!- Seth Rudetsky.

Max, yes yes yes- Adam yes yes yes- Seth- well, guess I need to call my therapist!

Loved all the other pics, though

re: re: re: get together
 Jan 8 2004, 10:23:44 PM
Hey-

Is there any way to do an act two AFTER the theatre so that those of us juggling law school, work AND studying could come? Maybe a post-show meeting the same night?

As long as Fred Ebb isn't there....

MB

WICKED CD- CHEEZ WIZ OR WIZ CHEEZ?
 Jan 2 2004, 12:39:56 AM
I treated myself to the Wicked cd. I have not seen the show so I can't fairly critique what goes on onstage (hear that B.O.B.? Don't criticize something you haven't seen).

The cd is fascinating to me- some of it is gooes bump inducing and some of it so so awful I have a hard time reconciling the fact it is all one show.

DANCING THRU LIFE is the cheesiest song I have heard- it would have been out of place even in SEESAW. And will someone explain Butz to me? Is he terribly charismati

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: If Hairspray-the Musical became a movie who would be casted
 Jan 2 2004, 12:26:41 AM
Well, if they want to go with a man as Edna and Harvey is unavailable, may I suggest Linda Tripp?
To "B.O.B." (Bitter on Board) or is that Backtracking on Board?
 Dec 28 2003, 01:04:22 PM
Oh B.O.B., B.O.B.!

"Believe me Fred Ebb is a far superior composer to Shaiman who has written, what?"

First, repeat after me: Fred Ebb is a lyricist. A not terribly good one but a lyricist.

To see what Shaiman has written, read the bio Rob so graciously put with the rebuttal. (Can I use that word- or will Ebb think it promotes seomthing best left in the bedroom?)

"This is a board to share opinions and I will share mine as much as I want"

You do not hav

Low Ebb
 Dec 28 2003, 02:31:18 AM
Back on the soapbox, guys.

Best (Beast?) of Broadway-

You wrote:

"MrsB- Wow! Me? Fred Ebb!!?? What a compliment!"

If you think being mistaken or compared to a marginally talented, self-laothing gnome is a complement- have at it.

It is ironic that a man who made a lot of money from gay themed shows (SPIDERWOMAN, CABARET) should be cowering in the closet, next to his Depends and Liza memorabilia. Is he afraid his mother will find out? Who can't tell he's gay? An

Best of Broadway= Fred Ebb?
 Dec 28 2003, 12:29:00 AM
"Best" of Broadway-

You write"

"composers who are truly attempting to try something new in musical theater, to push this incredible form of art forward. I hope Guettel, Lippa, LaChusia stick to what they are doing. These are the composers that excite me."

Hmmmm. Fred Ebb loves Lippa.

You say why make a musical out of an old movie? Uhm, Chicago was a non musical movie- in fact that is where Gwen Verdon got the idea of a musical ROXIE HART.

I AM A CAMERA- bas

re: re: re: Hairspray Tour Elements
 Oct 5 2003, 01:24:05 AM
I think Margo looks like Marlo Thomas in that pic....
re: Add a Caption! Sondheim related...
 Aug 29 2003, 08:01:35 PM
Does John Kander know more than 4 chords?
 Aug 29 2003, 08:01:28 PM
Does John Kander know more than 4 chords?
Dick Latessa out of HAIRSPRAY tonight
 Aug 28 2003, 06:45:17 PM
Just went by the theatre and saw he is missing this evening's performance.

Has he missed many/any shows before?

MB

Aug 28 2003, 06:43:49 PM
"Josh Harnett as SWEENEY as Jennifer Lopez as Mrs. Lovett? How much are you paying me again?"
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The 'We Hate Ethel Merman Club' ???
 Aug 25 2003, 02:34:32 PM
I saw this thread and HAD to post.

Maybe today Ethel seems embarassing or loud or affected.

BUT she had a career that spanned decades- sang and FILLED Broadway houses WITHOUT a sound system other than her lungs. Do you think BP and everyone else currently on Broadway could sing the roles she did without a microphone, be heard and do 8 shows a week? I think not....

Long live the memory of Ethel Zimmerman!

BP

re: By Popular Demand - The Glamorous Life...
 Aug 25 2003, 02:30:41 PM
VERY good news! I missed last weeks- just got back from Canada- went to Straford Festival. Will write a review of it later

MB

TONY TAPES QUESTIONS
 Aug 16 2003, 11:49:48 PM
Ok, finally got around to watching Broadway's Lost Treasures on video- in TROUBLE- there is a girl behind Robert Preston in several shots- is it Donna McKechnie?

And did anyone notice Julie Andres slight flub which changed the lyric to "S...where (swear) are the clowns?"

Also, on this year's Tony telecast, at the beginning of "YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT" The guy from the show in glasses (John Hill? Adam Fleming) appears to be holding a pear or a gourd as Marissa goes by and then tries

Murphy gals all the way
 Aug 11 2003, 11:48:25 PM
Donna Murphy as MAME and Karen Murphy as Vera.

And it would never happen, but I would love Molly Shannon to be Gooch.

re: re: Broadway Puzzler #26
 Aug 8 2003, 11:56:58 PM
Stro and Graciella?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You