News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lifesmellsweird

Member Name: Lifesmellsweird
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Feb 4 2020, 02:53:07 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Lifesmellsweird said: "Has anyone determined whether or not Jordan Fisher is performing in Wednesday and Saturday matinees? "

From the website: “Jordan Fisher will perform as Evan Hansen Tuesday through Saturday evenings and Sunday matinees. Zachary Noah Piser will perform as Evan Hansen on Wednesday and Saturday matinees.”
"

thank you! I looked at the website and couldn’t find it anywhere. Appreciate th

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Feb 4 2020, 11:23:02 AM
Has anyone determined whether or not Jordan Fisher is performing in Wednesday and Saturday matinees?
Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?
 Dec 22 2019, 09:21:16 PM

VernonGersch said: "it wasn't on Broadway but...the Diana DeGarmo/Ace Young production of JOSEPH & THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAST was truly the worst thing I have ever seen. "

Oof it was brutal. 

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Dec 10 2019, 06:48:02 PM

chris d said: "I saw it last night and thought it was... Interesting. Very much a work in progress and tonally all over the place”

Tonally all over the place is a perfect description of this piece, but I also think that that is exactly what they were going for.

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Dec 8 2019, 03:16:24 PM

yellibean2 said: "Okay, I know this off-topic now but when I reply to this thread on my browser (Chrome), there's no + sign or smiley face anywhere...

Also, for folks who've seen it in the last few nights, what was the gist of Fedallah's monologue? I'm still trying to figure out if it's improvised and/or if it changes every night.
"

Last night, the monologue focused on him growing up Muslim (he jokingly mentioned that he owns a rug)&

Michael Jackson musical will blame sex abuse allegations on the glove
 Dec 4 2019, 08:03:04 PM
This doesn’t even sound real.
Set for Spongebob Live?
 Nov 30 2019, 07:59:20 PM

VotePeron said: "Lifesmellsweird said: "rg7759 said: "what you just described is not accurate of american son."

You’re right.I mean a pre-taped performance.I saw American Son in the theater and felt it was remarkablysimilar, so that’s why I said that. But I just mean, has it already been taped, or is it literally coming at us live?
"

It was filmed the second week of November in Plymouth, England. (They literally f

Set for Spongebob Live?
 Nov 30 2019, 06:47:47 PM

rg7759 said: "what you just described is not accurate of american son."

You’re right. I mean a pre-taped performance. I saw American Son in the theater and felt it was remarkably similar, so that’s why I said that. But I just mean, has it already been taped, or is it literally coming at us live?

Set for Spongebob Live?
 Nov 30 2019, 05:57:49 PM
Is it going to be actually shown live, like Rent and Hairspray and JCS? Or did they just tape it live and they’re showing it, like American Son?
Nick Cartell Les Mis Matinee?
 Nov 26 2019, 09:18:06 PM
Hi all. Next week is Nick Cartells final week in the Les Mis tour. I saw him a couple of years ago and he was fabulous. Id like to see him one last time next week and I wonder if anyone knows if he performs in matinees. It is such a long and demanding show, I wondered if he does 2 show days. My only option is a matinee. Anyone know? I am sure the understudy is fantastic but I would love to see him one last time. Thanks!
Lin @ Freestyle Love Supreme
 Nov 25 2019, 09:11:27 PM
I saw him on a Friday in October. He was tremendous. Chris Jackson was there as well, and Anthony Ramos was in the audience.
Love in Hate Nation at Two River
 Nov 19 2019, 09:32:28 PM

Pashacar said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "Ah yes,The Prom. The pandering, manipulative piece of garbage that was a NYT Critic's Pick"

Thanks for staying on topic!

Sad to see this get panned. Agree with everyone about the inexplicable NYT vendetta. It's bizarre how gloves-off mean they are in reviews of his shows, while pulling punches for so many others.
"

The reviews for BMC and Broadway Bounty Hunter struck me as Me

Love in Hate Nation at Two River
 Nov 16 2019, 07:30:17 PM
Did anyone see this yet? It just opened at Two River Theater, last night. Curious to hear peoples thoughts. I was surprised to not see any professional reviews. I am going in a couple of weeks because I tend to like Joe Iconis musicals, but I wonder if anyone has had a chance to see it. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Recent Experience with Come From Away Rush ??
 Nov 4 2019, 08:16:52 PM
Last Wednesday I got to nyc at 1pm and got a rush ticket for the evening show. It was obstructed view but completely fine.
Jagged Little Pill preview thread
 Nov 4 2019, 03:29:00 PM

I saw the first preview as well. I had mixed feelings about it. To put it simply, I felt the cast was very strong, the orchestrations are beautiful, and the choreography is fresh and extremely well done. Unfortunately I think the book is a bit of a mess. The plot is driven by Trying to fit in the songs. Every time there is dialogue I found myself just looking forward to the next song because the plot is just so flimsy. And there’s a lot of dialogue. There are some very funny moments and

Annie Golden, Broadway Bounty Hunter
 Jul 20 2019, 04:20:51 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: ""Cute" is the word that best describes the show. It's fluffy andinsignificant, but fun at points. Its choppy plotshould be a one-act, andI'm a little amazed that it took 3 bookwriters to come up with the groan-worthy jokes. It hasthe absoluteworst direction and design I've seen all year."

worst direction? Really? I didn’t see that at all. I wasn’t a huge fan of the set design, but I tho

Jul 20 2019, 01:30:09 PM

uncageg said: "It was very comfortable in the theater last night.

I sat in downstairsand looked up to see the sound/light board and there appears to not be one in the center of the mezz. Both boards are in the back, right,corners of the house on both levels.

Fun show. I think it could use a bit of trimming. Not quite sure how to describe Ms. Golden's performance. She does not appear to be directed to become badass throughout the show. It kind of happens but

Jul 10 2019, 04:00:48 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "What's the band look like?"

from the pics I saw, looks like they sit elevated on the stage. Looks small. Going in a couple of weeks. The comments on social media make it seem like a great time.

Jul 9 2019, 08:36:26 PM
Anyone seeing this in previews? Would like to hear reviews.
Invited Dress
 Jul 8 2019, 02:41:23 PM
For those who have attended an invited dress rehearsal, are they usually performed to a packed house, or somewhat empty? Who is invited to them? Ive never been to one, but was given the opportunity to attend one in the future so Im curious about what to expect. Thanks!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You