News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kipster

Member Name: kipster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Miss Saigon Tour?
 Jul 19 2013, 01:11:34 AM
^Not sure whether casting is finished but I do know that Manna Nichols will be playing Kim.
Where do sets go when a show closes?
 Jul 12 2013, 09:40:24 PM
Citygirl, I know that very often the costumes will end up with regional theaters or rental companies to be rented out. For instance, off the top of my head I know that Goodspeed owns the Sunset Blvd costumes and Maine State Music Theater owns the Rent costumes and the West End Spamalot costumes.
Shrek at the Muny question
 Jun 27 2013, 04:19:32 PM
Echoing what others have said, the Muny does pay very well. Here's their minimum pay scale, which is publicly available on Equity's website (obviously big names will negotiate more). And going with what matineeidol said, many Equity contracts with theatre organizations (LORT, COST, CORST, etc) involve different pay tiers based on weekly grosses.
Regional premiere of Mary Poppins
 Jun 11 2013, 10:38:13 AM
Tag's right. Although I often hear people say "regional premiere" when referring to the first regional theatre production within a given region. Maybe they meant it's the first independent production of Mary Poppins in the Utah/southwest/US or something. Unfortunately it's a vague term.
 Jun 11 2013, 10:19:25 AM
Thanks Lizzie! No wonder nothing showed up when I googled it.
 Jun 11 2013, 09:36:36 AM
Has the cast for this been posted yet? It seems like Tuacahn can take forever to get that info posted. Looks excellent, though- better than the first regional premiere that opened in Canada a couple months ago.
Phantom and live singing
 Jun 10 2013, 05:30:30 PM
When all that jazz refers to blocking, they're not referring to something like dancing (obviously there is no dancing in the number). I think they're talking about the fact that the Phantom and Christine are running around offstage while doubles are onstage on the travelator, etc.
Joe Gillis in SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jun 3 2013, 05:11:56 PM
I once saw a production with a redheaded Norma. The Goteborgsoperan in Sweden did a very beautiful production with a redheaded Norma too. Not that it really matters what color her hair was.
Breaking News: LES MISERABLES to Return to Broadway's Imperial Theatre; Opening Night Set for March 23, 2014!
 May 30 2013, 10:19:20 PM
Echoing what Taz said, here's a press release on the Toronto cast in case anyone hasn't seen it (Earl Carpenter is not in there but he tweeted about it). I think Genevieve Leclerc is the only principal staying on from the tour. Callbacks for Broadway will be next month.
Breaking News: LES MISERABLES to Return to Broadway's Imperial Theatre; Opening Night Set for March 23, 2014!
 May 30 2013, 09:25:28 PM
I'm also pretty sure the physical production is going to end up in NYC after Toronto, and the timeline seems to fit that.
Shows soon to be released for licensing?
 May 29 2013, 11:08:18 PM
MTI's Fast Track listings may help- these are shows that MTI will open up for licensing sometime in the near future. Some, like Mary Poppins, have already seen limited release to places like The Muny, Tuacahn, and Maine State Music Theatre, while others, like Bring it On, will probably take a while longer. Also, just quickly scrolling through their complete list, I noticed that Bonnie and Clyde will have some productions later this year.
Tuacahn Center of the Arts Summer Schedule
 May 28 2013, 06:29:20 PM
The same way the Met and other operas can have 3 or even 4 shows run in repertory- their crew runs changeover late at night or in the morning, and everything's designed to be moved on and off stage easily.
Hugh Panaro and Norm Lewis to Star in LES MISERABLES at the Muny; Cast Announced!
 May 8 2013, 01:15:43 PM
Fantine, Cosette, Marius, Eponine, and Enjolras are all going to be played by university students?
Hello Dolly Tour - Sally Struthers
 May 7 2013, 05:10:20 PM
It looks like it will be equity.
Anyone else want a revival of THE WIZ?
 Mar 4 2013, 03:21:25 PM
^ That actually already happened at Maine State Music Theatre in 2011! She was freakin incredible.
MUNY Mary Poppins
 Jan 16 2013, 10:38:00 PM
At the end of the press release regarding Mary Poppins' closing on Broadway they list the eight theatres that have been granted the rights. I'm interested to see what Marriott's in-the-round production will be like.
Question: what is the term for a song in a book musical that does not advance the plot?
 Dec 13 2012, 10:56:45 PM
Re: source music. In opera, the terms "noumenal" and "phenomenal" are used to differentiate between music that is not heard by the characters and music that is heard by the characters. I don't know how applicable it is to musical theatre, but the term noumenal is often used in opera when a character is singing within the context of the story.
HAIR 2013 Tour Cast?
 Nov 28 2012, 02:50:26 PM
As for the cheap website, this is a Big League Theatricals tour and it seems they use the same template for all their tours (like Dreamgirls and the recent non-eq of My Fair Lady). While I was on Big League's website, I noticed that they list future tours Lysistrata Jones and Hello Dolly w/ Sally Struthers, both of which I hadn't heard about until just now...
WICKED audience.... WTF????
 Oct 15 2012, 06:24:06 PM
Most theaters have ticket policies that serve as terms of entry, which you agree to when using your ticket to enter their property. For example, in Toronto the Mirvish policy is quite explicit: "The following items are restricted, may not be brought into the theatre and may be confiscated by theatre staff: .... and all forms of audio/video/image recording or transmitting devices." I assume that "confiscate" usually means "the usher/security will check the phone at coat check to be picked up at t
miscast
 Sep 27 2012, 10:28:52 PM
To go along with bwaylvsong, there is a big difference between singing operatically and singing in head voice. Nothing in that clip was opera at all.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You