News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EnochShow

Member Name: EnochShow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADE 2023 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Mar 25 2023, 07:49:06 AM

I agree with you. Charlie Webb really misses the mark, and the fact that a voice crack is included on "fare thee well" speaks volumes about the quality of this recording.

Ben Platt's voice is extremely off-putting to me. The unnatural vibrato created through vocal tension is seriously uncomfortable to listen to. He's neither a strong actor or singer so I do not understand the giant fan base.

Michaela Diamond cannot sing through her mid register, and this leaves

Performers who inhale only through their nose when singing
 Jan 23 2021, 05:27:09 PM

It's a technique that can be used to help a male singer find the right placement for bright and forward singing.  He may have been having trouble finding his place of resonance for this particularly bright/high moment!  I also noticed he made it an acting choice for a few moments...  He sounds fantastic either way - He's a real talent, we need more of him!  Message him on IG and ask - he might answer the question himself!

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?
 May 15 2020, 05:06:55 PM

All I know is my husband I had amazing seats that we purchased quickly after the announcement was made that FROZEN was coming to Broadway.  We were anticipating Disney spectacle and an amazing performance by Cassie.... BUT then we saw promotional footage of "Let it Go" on TV or YouTube and were so underwhelmed/unimpressed we immediately put our tickets up for sale...   Perhaps sometimes TV and Talk Show promotions might do more harm than good?

Is Light in the Piazza problematic?
 Nov 30 2018, 08:00:49 AM

I think part of what is interesting about Clara in LITP is that we don't really know the extent of her injuries...  Does she behave the way she behaves partly because her mother and father have treated her as if she IS unable to function on her own?  I'm not sure.

One thing I find interesting as the show progresses is that Clara very quickly starts to pick up Italian.  is this because she has a "young mind" and can learn quickly?  Or is it because she is actually very smart?

Another thing that one may notice is that towards the beginning of the show, Clara has a "melt-down" and must be soothed by her mother.  By the end of the show, she is able to calm herself down (after her beautiful run across upstage).  I think there are many small examples of this throughout if you look close enough.

It seems to me that Clara grows VERY MUCH throughout the show.  This "growing" coincides with breaking away from her mother.  Has her mother been smothering her and limiting her all these years?  Could Clara behave the way she does just because she's expected to and treated as if she should behave that way?  It's a thought.

On a different note - I'd love a revival of this with NIkki Renee Daniels and Audra McDonald.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You