News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hbmonique2

Member Name: hbmonique2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What are your top 5 B'way shows RIGHT NOW?
 Apr 4 2005, 10:01:45 AM
What is "PillowMan" and "Doubt" about? Are they dramas or musicals?
 Apr 4 2005, 04:49:04 AM
Maybe I'll save Spamalot for a "cheap seat" night. I'm finiding I have several types of "theatre animals" in my crowd. One is a geriatric crowd who are older (60+) have money and want the best seats and don't care how much they pay. Tey want to sit close so they can SEE and no balcony seats (too many stairs - wheelchairs don't make it) and families with kids who can't afford orchestras all the time. We are the crowd that will take the last rows in the back and go to every show. Sometimes we can
 Apr 4 2005, 04:44:10 AM
I hope Fiddler comes to L.A. That was my first show I costumed in college. My kids love the music to that one too. I just saw Chicago a few weeks ago and Hairspray last July (will see this again in 2006). Movin' Out was just here in September and I missed it. Heard it was great! Especially if you like Bily Joel.
 Apr 4 2005, 04:40:34 AM
How new is it? I am already receiveing requests to get tickets for this show. I checked something on it a few minutes ago and Tim curry is one of the leads. I love Tim Curry! I'm a Rocky Horror fan too!
 Apr 4 2005, 04:34:50 AM
Is the Monty Python show any good? I am a big Python fan.....But won't waste the money on a bad show. Any original cast members?

Apr 4 2005, 04:32:20 AM
I guess a good place to start would be those shows running on Broadway right now. To further define it, those shows that may even have national touring potential. I was completely caught off guard with Wicked and thought I ordered enough tickets for our group. But suddenly, all of their friends started calling me and wanted tickets. I have two kids 8 and 10. I want to take them to age appropriate shows but have no reservations about leaving them at home to see more "adult" themed shows (for me).
Nudity in Oh Calcutta!
 Apr 4 2005, 04:26:39 AM
I agree. Nothing wrong with nudity. We all have it. It just seemed out of place. You have to understand that it was my first time to Broadway. I always had a dream of going to New York City and I was finally there. I was gawking at how TALL the buildings were. You know, looking like a real tourist and all. I thought everything about the theatre district was paved in gold and look-alike Gene Kellys were singing on every street corner. Kind of like tourists who come to L.A. and want to see the int
What are your top 5 B'way shows RIGHT NOW?
 Apr 4 2005, 04:22:27 AM
Hi,

I seem to have fallen into a position where I am in charge of getting everyone their tickets when a show comes to town. It started with 5 people going to Starlight Express last Feb for my 2 kids' birthdays. It ended up growing to 97 people in 3 days coming with us to celebrate. Everyone loved it and wanted to know when we were going to do it again (read "WE" as "me").You do a job once and it becomes yours! I would like to know what you New Yorkers have found to be your top favorite

re: Is Wicked really THAT great a show?
 Apr 4 2005, 04:11:25 AM
About 22 years ago, my husband (a New York native) took me (a Los Angeles native) to stay in the city. We dumped our bags at the cheapest hotel we could find (the Edison) to traipse around the city. Oh Calcutta! was playing in the theater located in the lobby. I thought it so strange that a New York show would be done in the nude! And now I find out it was running FOREVER! It just makes me laugh to see what kinds of things the American public will connect with and maintain as popular! At the tim
 Apr 4 2005, 04:02:29 AM
Was OH CALCUTTA! that show done in the nude at the Edison in New York a million years ago?
 Apr 4 2005, 03:45:41 AM
Thank you for the glowing reviews. I have a tendency to love a beautifully dressed show. My husband and I call these kinds of shows "eye candy". He is a lighting designer. From what I saw of the print work it's looks ravishing! And I heard the witch and monkeys fly. Is this true?
Wicked is sounding OK, but...
 Apr 4 2005, 03:14:21 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback. The reason why I asked is because I was invited to a wonderful promo luncheon the Pantages held at the famed Magic Castle. I was invited pretty much last minute and I really wanted to go to the Magic Castle more than anything else. I hope the show is really good. I've been telling everyone how fabulous it's GOING to be. I've sold lots of tickets for it but don't have any first hand knowledge. I'm going to Previews on June 19th for the first time (last row)
Is Wicked really THAT great a show?
 Apr 4 2005, 02:47:47 AM
Hello all,

I just found this site and saw your postings about Wicked. Forgive me. I am uninitiated when it comes to this show. I have not yet been hit by its supposed AWESOMENESS! I do have a bunch of tickets and it looks like I may be going on three different nights here in Los Angeles. My best seats are 6th row center orchestra. I was going to take me and my 2 kids and another undesignated friend. However, with the outrageous prices being charged for these orchestra seats, I am tempte

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You