News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AReinkingfan

AReinkingfan Profile Photo
Member Name: AReinkingfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ben Vereen in Wicked?
 May 8 2006, 05:48:07 AM
lol

I saw Ben in Fosse several years ago and he looked like he was struggling a bit. (I know that he had been through a lot personally in the last number of years that probably affected his movements on stage.) I did meet him afterwards and he seemed a very nice man and I still was thrilled to be able to experience a Fosse original in a Fosse themed show...But...

When I read that he was going to be in Wicked, I thought...WHAT?
Now I have never seen Wicked (yet), but I am t

re: Wicked-Detroit-Out of control
 May 6 2006, 10:43:37 AM
lol - I totally second Elphaba's emotion! I moved to New Jersey in 1997 (was born and raised in Michigan, but like Madonna - had to get the Hell out of the mitten and closer to NYC). I have been to all three theatres mentioned (Fox, Masonic Temple, and the Fisher). I will be damned if I can remember how good or bad the seating was, because at the time (many moons ago), I was just so happy to have ANY shows to see there, but I remember seeing Les Miz and a very very bad production of West Side St
re: Mamma Mia! the movie musical
 Apr 19 2006, 05:47:22 AM
I have never seen Mamma Mia, yet I still would not have picked this musical to make into a movie. And weren't they planning to make a movie version of "Contact" a few years back?
re: Performers Who Just Can't Dance
 Apr 4 2006, 05:53:21 AM
Thank you, Kevinoes! May you be blessed with "jazz hands"! (lol)
re: Performers Who Just Can't Dance
 Apr 3 2006, 04:09:36 PM
Annie...I still love you. No matter what those crazy people say! (lol)
re: Cherry Jones and Sarah Paulson
 Jun 10 2005, 01:09:22 AM
Wow! I had no idea either, but I have been out of the "loop" for some time now. And Cherry and Mary were together for quite a while, if I recall correctly. Seems like a lot of us "long-termers" are calling it quits these days. Sad, but it happens, I guess. I hope Cherry is happy with her new love.
re: I MISSED THE TONYS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!
 Jun 10 2005, 12:59:27 AM
Finding Namo - you are a hoot (as we oboists say - or is that a "toot"? ha ha)!

And I know! The real world, huh? And it's not a lame show on MTV either. And there aren't always happy endings, unfortunately. (I had a pretty sad "ending" recently, myself. Blah!) And life in the real world goes on...

alphieboy - thank you for the welcome back. And for the information.

Anyone have a copy (of the Tonys) they could send to this poor gal?

I MISSED THE TONYS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!
 Jun 9 2005, 11:28:10 PM
I can hardly believe it!! I NEVER miss the Tonys! It has been a horrendously stressful year this year - so much going on in my personal and professional life that I have not even been to this Board in so long.

Do I dare ask? Was the broadcast worth watching this year? You'll have to forgive me, but I have not had the time to visit the Board and read all of the Tony threads, so I do not know all of the various opinions. I always tape the Tonys but obviously did not this year. Is it wort

ahhhh world...
 Nov 16 2004, 11:22:59 PM
Once a Lady, ALWAYS a Lady!

I wish you the best, too, Sweetie!

ahhhh world...
 Nov 14 2004, 09:37:43 PM
Hey Lady! Thanks! (How ARE you anyway??)

We have received such positive responses lately regarding our legal domestic partnership registration. People want to know when the party is! Unfortunately, I can't fund a party but always wanted to have a reception, especially since I have been to so many hetero receptions. (Bummer for us!) It's just nice to know that many people have been supportive of us. I only wish I could have shared my joy with my folks, but they are EXTREMELY conservative

re: should I see the phantom movie?
 Nov 14 2004, 03:29:52 PM
I've never seen the stage show (probably one of very few people that hasn't, right?), so I have nothing to compare the movie to. Maybe that's a good thing - maybe not. I intend to see it at some time after it's release, but I won't wait in long lines on opening day.
re: nicest person @ stage door....
 Nov 14 2004, 12:31:33 PM
Ann Reinking
Rachelle Rak
Chita Rivera
Ben Vereen
Karen Ziemba

re: Favorite renditions of songs sung by other performers.
 Nov 14 2004, 12:21:13 PM
Laurie Beechman - "Anyone Who Had A Heart"

Elvis Presley - "Impossible Dream"

Ann Reinking as Rosie In 91 Birdie tour..?
 Nov 1 2004, 07:14:24 AM
Ouch! (lol)
 Oct 31 2004, 10:36:05 PM
Yay, ljay! Nice to meet someone else who actually LIKES Ann's voice!

And that poster...I've seen that drawing before. Ann looks more like Janet Leigh in that picture than herself!

Oct 31 2004, 06:46:38 PM
My partner saw this tour with Ann and Tommy in '91 when it came to Philadelphia.

She remembers Ann doing a very good job all around, but not coming across as very "Latin". She says that Ann's singing might not have been as raspy as it was in CHICAGO, but Ann's voice was, well...Ann's voice, as we know it (and as some of us love it). (:

what is FOSSE about?
 Oct 28 2004, 07:31:37 AM
Just for clarification... I did say that it was RARE that Bob's stage work was preserved on DVD. (Not that there was none of his stage work on DVD.)
what is FOSSE about?
 Oct 28 2004, 07:25:27 AM
The DVD is well worth the money if you are a dance fan or a fan of Bob Fosse's work. It is also a treasure as it features a couple of original Fosse dancers (Ann Reinking and Ben Vereen) and preserves them forever on DVD. It is rare (except for bootlegs) to see Fosse stage work on video or DVD.
Replacements in Famous Shows
 Oct 13 2004, 05:27:30 PM
Saw Belle Calaway in place of Ann Reinking in "Chicago". I was pleasantly surprised with Belle's performance. It was very well executed, and it sure helped that Ruthie Henshall was playing opposite her.
Sweet Overtures
 Oct 10 2004, 07:08:23 PM
*ARF whispers to Albin*

Hi Albin! Good to see you again!

(Can one whisper with exclamation points?)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You