News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mikewood

Member Name: mikewood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 15 Golden Rules of Theatre Etiquette
 Jul 27 2009, 10:52:44 PM
I gots to be honest....I have participated in and even started standing "O" s for the simple audacious fact that my back has completely spasmed out in tiny broadway seats...and I lept at the first chance to get out of my seat.

Next to Normal is the only recent show that has inspired me to leap to my feet because of the quality of the show.

I managed to stay glued to my seat during the curtain call for Billy Elliot which only inspired inquisitive head scratching and bewilderment

re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
 Feb 27 2008, 07:38:28 AM
Brian Stokes Mitchell...worth the price of admission alone.
re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?
 Jun 4 2007, 11:16:21 AM
ATTENTION: BROADWAY BELTER:

Brief spelling lesson:
(Point 1)Defintion is spelled DEFINITION
(Point 2) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Brief Grammar Lesson
(Point 1)
Incorrect: Norm Lewis was just casted in Les Miserables!
Correct: Norm Lewis has just been CAST in Les Miserables.
(Point 2)
Incorrect: It's to late to see Carrie, it closed.
Correct: It's TOO late to see Carrie, it closed.
Defintion of Casted: A

re: Spring Awakening Love
 Jun 4 2007, 10:56:14 AM
Yeah, so I saw the Saturday matinee for "Spring Awakening"....All I can say is I guess at the grand old age of 38 I've reached "fuddy duddy" status because I was underwhelmed to sat the least. I felt the raw energy and enthusiam of the cast, and was suitably impressed by the talent I saw.

I know I am setting myself for all kinds of abuse, but...all I got from the show was "yeah, it's LOUD." To the point where the screechy reverb of the some of the actors made WHAT they were singing

re: Watching People Who Were Cast In Roles You Auditioned For And Lost
 Sep 21 2006, 02:49:26 PM
Even better...getting cast in that show in another part.....!

guh!! MUST BE GRACIOUS!!!

re: Kaplan a last second scrap at Rent matinee 12/26
 Jan 8 2006, 03:09:39 PM
Probably got sick. Vacation. Just because the show was delayed for "several minutes" does not mean that they waited for the stand-by to get ready. >>>

Thanks for the snotty response. You should read your own sig. BTW, an announcement was made about "last minute casting" and then an announcement was made for the casting change.

Thanks for the otherwise informed posts and opinions folks.

re: I Need of A Show...
 Dec 26 2005, 05:41:06 PM
Try TKTs.....!
Kaplan a last second scrap at Rent matinee 12/26
 Dec 26 2005, 05:40:16 PM
Today's Rent matinee was delayed several minutes at the top of the show. The stand-by for Mark subbed.....any rumors floating out there for why?

I forget his name....the stand-by...they announced it but I was too busy being annoyed.

His timing was off at the start...jumped a couple of Roger's and Collin's lines. I thought he looked like a young Dana Carvey.....:)

re: Roles You Wish You Could Play
 Dec 1 2005, 08:04:01 PM
Two categories:

The totally unattainable because I can't pull it off talent wise:
Javert in Les Miserables
Valjean in Les Miserables
Henry Hill in the Music Man
Gaston in Beauty and the Beast
Don Quixote in the Man of Lamancha

Attainable:
Eddie Carbone in A View from the Bridge
MacBeth
George in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (in about 10-15 years)

re: feeling uncomfortable as an audience member
 Dec 1 2005, 07:31:42 PM
...then there was the time where I swear Mary Louise Parker caught me...uhmn....being a guy....as I was watching her take her bows during the curtain call from the box seat over the stage in "Proof".
re: feeling uncomfortable as an audience member
 Dec 1 2005, 07:25:56 PM
Urinetown: I sat front row center with my left shoulder underneath the piece that jutted out into the audience. The cast comes off the stage at different times and my foot got landed on one occasion. I wasn't enamored with the show and I felt uncomfortable also in the sense that I simply didn't like the show and everyone else really did so I kept thinking I stood out like a sore thumb.
re: Request: Dramatic/Tearjerking Scene
 Dec 1 2005, 07:17:06 PM
I was going to suggest 'night Mother as well, but I see Margo beat me to it.

But to be specific.......the scene which builds and builds as Momma tries to talk Jesse out of killing herself using all kinds of different methods and culminates with Jesse telling Momma that she shouldn't have told her and Momma screaming "Yes!" then withering away with a "noooo."

re: Favorite Song in Rent?
 Dec 1 2005, 01:28:09 PM
In the show, it's "One Song Glory."

Not so in the movie, because the choice was made to not have Mimi interupt the song.

re: Weirdest role you have ever played
 Dec 1 2005, 01:23:09 PM
Probably Dr. Sommers in Christopher Durang's " 'dentity Crisis."

Highlights included literally switching clothes back stage with my "wife" and re-enetering.

re: Can there be a White Angel (RENT)?
 Nov 29 2005, 07:49:31 PM
I too always thought Angel made up his....her name. During the funeral sequence, I just always assumed Angel was estranged by his family.

Just an assumption, that's all.

All Rent Reviews (Place Here)
 Nov 28 2005, 12:25:37 PM
I'd like to mention the three things that bothered me the most about the movie:

1) Mimi does not interupt the end of "One Song Glory." This bothers me because it makes the song a completed work, and symbolically I love leaving the ending to this song as an ellipse.....

2) Mark and Roger's argument before Roger goes to Santa Fe was cut. That was mistake.

Oh, I also wish the bridge between the musical numbers was sung, not spoken, especially the answer machine message.

All Rent Reviews (Place Here)
 Nov 28 2005, 12:14:58 PM
In regards to the "Another Day" discussion, it actually worked for me.
re: Will Britney lipsync in Sweet Charity???
 Nov 26 2005, 11:53:48 AM
Toni Braxton was awful in Beauty and the Beast.....no power, no passion nothing to offer.
re: Please Post Something About Anything But Wicked And Rent
 Nov 26 2005, 11:46:23 AM
Cats should be revived.

heh heh

re: Will Britney lipsync in Sweet Charity???
 Nov 26 2005, 11:41:59 AM
Going to see Britney perform in a Broadway show would be like going to Nascar and rooting for a pile-up.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You