News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aseatontheaisle

Member Name: aseatontheaisle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WAR HORSE Reviews
 Apr 15 2011, 08:15:04 AM
The “human” actors in War Horse perform wonderfully but they all must take back seats to the true stars of this spectacular multi-media production, Joey and Topthorn, two larger than life equine puppets (and their creators and the several different puppeteers who manipulate them on stage). For it is Joey and Topthorn who dominate this play from beginning to end - and who are the primary reason that you should make every effort to bring your whole family to see this play.

The story itse

The Keen Company doing Frayn's BENEFACTORS at the Clurman...
 Apr 7 2011, 10:29:09 AM
Overall, this is a clean, sharply delineated production and it provides a satisfying evening’s entertainment. All four actors turn in good performances and the director, Carl Forsman, has done a creditable job. But I was mildly disappointed. The first act drags a bit and it is not really until the second act, an hour into the production, that I truly felt engaged. I have seen other productions of this work that I have enjoyed more including, most recently, Retro Production’s Off Off Broadway r
Marie and Bruce
 Apr 6 2011, 08:59:19 AM
The play itself is banal and boring, a one note composition focusing on the relationship between Bruce (Frank Whaley), a narcissistic,thick-skinned lout and Marie (Marisa Tomei), his dysfunctional, foul mouthed wife. And the play’s unrealized pretensions to existential insights are just plain embarrassing.

Marisa Tomei does as well as might be expected with the role she has been given but the role itself isn’t much. Probably the best performance in the play is that turned in by Frank W

David Leveaux? NO GO. An Arcadia Review.
 Mar 18 2011, 08:29:40 AM
This is, for the most part, a fine production of a truly great play. The play’s direction is superb, the sets and costumes are first-rate, and several of the performances are truly outstanding. Both Tom Riley as Septimus Hodge and Billy Crudup as Bernard Nightingale, in particular, deserve to be singled out for their remarkable performances. But good as the production is, it is not perfect. For one thing, the first act gets underway too slowly and really should be shortened and tightened up.
The Divine Sister
 Jan 16 2011, 03:26:39 PM
I saw this play at yesterday's matinee and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is an hysterical send-up of nun films and Charles Busch, playing Mother Superior in drag, is extremely funny. I heartily recommend it. I've posted a long review of this and other shows on my blog www.aseatontheaisle.blogspot.com
What Should I See Off-Broadway This Weekend? (Sorry!)
 Jan 14 2011, 11:16:14 AM
Yes, I agree. I think that Other Desert Cities is a terrific show with a wonderful ensemble cast and I'd try not to miss it. I've posted my review of the show (and of several other Broadway, off Broadway and off off Broadway shows on my blog www.aseatontheaisle.blogspot.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You