News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for katielynne

Member Name: katielynne
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Do singing lessons...really help?
 Apr 9 2005, 10:30:51 PM
o believe e i know music is more competitive i wasnt trying to make it sound harder i was just saying
 Apr 9 2005, 10:23:27 PM
stephanie is completely right. i know people who love their jobs who are not on broadway. even if you're a theater teacher or something. you'll love to watch the kids and be able to be involved
 Apr 9 2005, 10:07:52 PM
im sure you can find a good vocal coach somewhere. i meanive been to hicksville (at pennsylvania thespian conference in erie) and some of the shows were pretty good and some of the kids. . there was no way they never had a vocal lesson. find some people who majored in vocal music or who you know are very advanced or you know have taken a vocal lesson and ask them
re: audition piece
 Apr 9 2005, 10:04:55 PM
you know the more i think about it, youre right. i could try some of them. and im sorry you havent gotten any suggestions yet. if i knew anyhitng about range i would help you out but im new to the whole musician thing. i need to learn how ot play piano. . . and i need vocal lessons.
 Apr 9 2005, 09:55:08 PM
no no no im not singing at my audition with a friendim singing at this thing called broadway nights with my friend. and i wouldnt sound like an idiot its just the two parts are different. i mean do you normally sing a two part song for an audition.

yea we have i think 16 measures were allowed to sing. its not the whole song but the songs are like one sentence for one person
one sentence for another its right on and off

Apr 9 2005, 09:51:20 PM
a lot of those are kind of. . . i dont know. theyre all duets and most of them are a snetece for each persona dn they switch on and off and its hard to sing two parts and not sound like an idiot. plus i have to find out which one im singin with my friend before i can choose one for myself.
 Apr 9 2005, 09:48:58 PM
well ive never taken signing lessons but i joined our high school choir and our teacher is so amazing that she has bettered everyone. i was a low alto and she wants to move me up to a soprano. and thats choir imagine taking private lessons.

speaking of singin lessons. . .if anyone lives near philadelphia and knows a good teacher. . . let me know. my friends say they ahvent found a GOOD one yet.

re: Currently Listening to?
 Apr 9 2005, 09:46:26 PM
jekyll and hide/wicked (im between the two) but right this second im listening to shoshana beans 'aint no way'
 Apr 9 2005, 09:43:18 PM
yea ill be 15 in november
 Apr 9 2005, 09:18:06 PM
well they have auditions and then they pick the show to see what kind of talent they have. . . its a high school show so. . .
 Apr 9 2005, 09:17:12 PM
sorry i wrote it wrong i dont really remember the range she told me it was a whilea go and its changed since then. . i feel like an idiot. i dont know that much about music as far as knowing the notes and all. if u give me a peice of music and tell em the 1st note i can site read it but. . . i grew up as the artist i have all kinds of things in teh regional shows and stuff an my brother chris was the footbal player and my brother tom is the musician. heds got perfect pitch plays like 10 instrume
audition piece
 Apr 9 2005, 09:07:09 PM
ok, so last year for our musical i didnt know much about theater. wait tlet me rephrase that, i didn't know a lot of musicals and i still dont know that many. last year i sang 'in my own little corner' from cinderella. and it fit my voice it was a good song and all but about 6 other girls did that song. this year i want a song that will show my range, that isnt too well known, and that wont be sung by fifteen other girls. last year i was put in the ensemble and next year i want to at least have
re: high school thespian conference
 Apr 9 2005, 08:43:51 PM
i went to the pennsylvania thespian conference and it is so much fun. i miss it so much ours is in december. i cant wait to go back!
re: American Idol: Showtunes Week
 Apr 9 2005, 08:19:35 PM
i think carrie, vonzell and nadia did the best. carrie took a boring song and made VERYONE listen to it. and she hit every note right. and bo reminds me too much fo teh guy from creed. but im sorry i hate corner if the sky i cant stand the song never could. i had to sing it in middle school and i always hated it. and scott should've been booted off hands down. i was curled into the phetal position while watching him sing it was terrible. i love him, hate his voice.
Christy Carlson Romano
 Apr 9 2005, 08:10:02 PM
What did everyone think of Christy Carlson Romano as Belle in BATB?
I know shes a pretty good singer but i wasnt sure of how well shed do on broadway. . . I didn't see it so im wondering.

re: need a female/femal duet. . .
 Apr 8 2005, 11:47:44 PM
i need to watch more shows! i dont really have a lot of money to go c bway ones tho but off b-way is always good i just never know where they are playing.
re: female/female duet. . . again. . .
 Apr 8 2005, 09:56:26 PM
i was thinking best friend i didnt really get to hear the whole thing though. . just little parts. . .
female/female duet. . . again. . .
 Apr 8 2005, 09:43:50 PM
sorry guys i am gettign a lot of responses and so far
"in his eyes" is in the lead. . . i am just not suer how well a 14 and a 15 year old can sing that. . . id rather sing a simple song incredibly well than a great song badly. . . if you know of any (preferrably ballad) songs that are good and that we could probably sing please respond. . . erika and i are very very advanced for our age but our voices still are not fully developed so if at all possible i am in need of help here. . and i th

re: need a female/femal duet. . .
 Apr 8 2005, 08:37:16 PM
wow u guys r right about in his eyes. . . its beautiful and erika and i r pretty advanced so i think we can do it. . . wow uc i just started getting into broadway so i dont know that many songs and shows. . . thank you guys so much!
need a female/femal duet. . .
 Apr 8 2005, 08:23:48 PM
i need a femal/female duet. . . besides learning to be silent and take me or leave me. . . nothing from wicked. . (i know im makeing it hard arent i?) my friend and i need a song to sing at this thing called broadway nights at our school. . . its like a talent show where u sing broadway songs. so i need a song that will make us sound good so i guess a ballad is good but something upbeat is fine too. . . we've been searching forever for a song that works and its not working out very well so pleas
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You