News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maryy_r0se

Member Name: maryy_r0se
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MOULIN ROUGE Cast Recording Out Today! - Thoughts  Sep 2 2019, 10:16:49 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting an album that was fun and high energy and that’s what I got.

I personally think that both Karen and Aaron sounded wonderful. I agree that “Roxanne” was a tad over produced for my tastes - some others have mentioned that there are some audio recordings of Aaron singing it live that sound much better, and I definitely agree. I still like the song, but I thought that “Crazy Rolling” came across better.

“Elephant Love Medley” is tons of fu

The "comedy" in Dear Evan Hansen  Aug 4 2019, 02:49:38 PM

copskid949 said: "I think the entire point is that it shouldn’t be funny. It starts a conversation. Jared says the school shooter line and Jared’s not the nicest character. That’s just part of who he is, to say legitimately awful things for comedic purposes. He may laugh at it, but we don’t have to because we know he’s wrong for it."

I agree with this. I could be wrong, but I don’t think the audience is supposed to think this is fu

PLEASE HELP! Any think of the name !!!  Aug 3 2019, 01:02:42 PM
I was thinking Ordinary Days as well, and the song you’re referencing could be “Don’t Wanna Be Here”
A-z musical playlist  Jul 28 2019, 01:06:28 PM

That sounds like a fun idea! Not sure how strict you're being regarding articles but if that's not an issue "A Quiet Night at Home" from bare: a pop opera could work. If you want to avoid articles that show also has a song titled "Queen Mab" but imo it doesn't work as well without context as "A Quiet Night at Home" if that's something you're considering (also "Queen Mab" does contain major spoilers!). Best of luck!

Saddest musical?  Jul 26 2019, 10:07:20 PM

Fun Home, Next to Normal, Spring Awakening, and bare have all brought me to tears.

I'm also going to throw Fiddler on the Roof out there. The beginning holds so many lighthearted moments which just makes the descent and the conclusion so much more difficult for me to watch.

Conclusions that elevate the entire show  Jul 23 2019, 04:34:55 PM

victoriafr said: "The ending to Next to Normal. The final song is of course beautiful (spoilers ahead), but when the audience finds out that Dan has had his son in his head the entire musical too, not only is it a crazy plot twist, it puts everything else in the show in a different perspective. You can go back and listen to the recording, and all of a sudden you question who some lines are sung to in the music! It's amazing."

I came here to say this

Least Favorite Characters  Jun 29 2019, 09:44:37 AM
Excluding the obvious ones (anyone who is obviously intended to be a villain) I have to say Maureen from RENT stands out to me as extremely insufferable. Most of the characters in RENT have at least a few bad moments but I don’t find any of them as unbearable as her.
If you could see any 8 shows in one week...  Jun 24 2019, 10:07:26 AM

In no particular order (and with sneaking a ninth one in because I can't choose):

-OBC of Fun Home (technically I saw this with most of the OBC but if I could go back in time and see Michael Cerveris perform Edges of the World again I would)

-OBC of Next to Normal

-OBC of Spring Awakening

-OBC of Assassins

-OBC of RENT

-OBC of Moulin Rouge (in the future)

-OBC of Dear Evan Hansen (preferably with my mom because she loves it)

-OBC of

Songs that boost your mood  Jun 20 2019, 11:36:01 PM
Raincoat of Love from Fun Home
I’m Alive from Next to Normal
Totally f**ked from Spring Awakening
Moving Too Fast from Last Five Years

Rate the 2019 Tony Performances  Jun 11 2019, 01:02:44 PM

I don't live in NYC, and I am familiar with these shows but have not seen any of them, so this is really just based on the performances I saw last night. 

-Hadestown and Oklahoma were my personal favorites. As much as I would have loved to see more from the other cast members in Hadestown, I found the performance extremely affecting. And the Oklahoma performance made me actually want to see Oklahoma, whi

Musicals that make you laugh and make you cry?  Jun 5 2019, 10:47:18 AM

Spring Awakening is the most cut and dry example for me personally. I saw a college production of it last year and definitely laughed a lot during several of the early scenes and full on wept during "Don't Do Sadness" and "Left Behind." It helped that the actor playing Moritz was absolutely phenomenal. There are professional actors that he could put to shame.

I cried six times when I saw Fun Home and definitely laughed a lot during &q

What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?  Dec 28 2018, 02:15:05 PM
1) Next to Normal OBC (its tied with Fun Home as my favorite show of all time and I would have loved to see it with the original cast, or see it live at all honestly)
2) Spring Awakening OBC (this was the show that really got me into musicals back when I was in middle school and being able to see it with the OBC would be a dream come true. I had the opportunity the see a college theatre group perform it and let me just say their Moritz was absolutely positively incredible. I would have loved

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You