News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fetzles1490

fetzles1490 Profile Photo
Member Name: fetzles1490
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pick-a-Tick Trade
 Sep 28 2015, 03:14:12 PM

I won a voucher to Fuerzabruta - would love to trade for something else, or get the $10 I paid at the TDF booth for it, but really just don't want it to go to waste.

Looking to sell/trade Wicked Orchestra Stadium tickets
 Sep 28 2015, 01:37:54 PM

I'm definitely interested! I won a Fuerzabruta voucher that can be redeemed for later than 10/6 if you're interested in doing some combo of a ticket trade/a dollar amount.

What is a memory from a show that will stay with you forever?
 Aug 9 2010, 10:52:55 PM
Mine seem to all be firsts and lasts.

-The first time I saw A CHORUS LINE. It was what I can only imagine in hindsight was a pretty terrible community theatre production. I was about 12 or 13 years old, and I was blown away. Then later, seeing the 2006 revival was a dream come true. There are so many iconic moments in that staging that will always be ingrained in me.
-Closing night of the 2006 revival of A CHORUS LINE. The energy was electric, all the way to the last row of the balc

Broadway and Lebron and Tenor
 Jul 9 2010, 11:00:15 AM
I was there last night too, with a couple friends. The show was indeed fantastic, and seeing it last night was one of the best spontaneous decisions I've made in quite some time :)

I swear, when the basketball rolled on stage, my friends & I thought at first that it was just the cast being weird and quirky and using it as a BCEFA collection bucket. I know it isn't even the time of year that they collect, but that's the only situation I've encountered where the cast stops and makes a spe

NEXT FALL - anyone seen it?
 Jun 22 2010, 09:05:38 PM
I loved it and have seen it more than once... but since you already have tickets, just go and make up your own mind.
re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell
 Jun 9 2010, 08:51:14 PM
This just made my day 3750289509285 times better. I love Robin so much.
Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 3 2010, 11:38:43 AM
Re: that Ragtime lyric, it's actually a reference to the novel, where Mother's Younger Brother is a MUCH more sexual and creepy character.

About next to normal, I don't mind the Cuckoo's Nest line, but I've always hated "and it's cheese." Also the line, "you've got it, yay, hooray!" ...really?

Am I the only one who couldn't stand Jessica Philips?
 May 22 2010, 10:53:40 PM
I loved Alice for quite some time, and still do, but Jessica blew me away. I love the subtleties she brings to the role, and contrary to finding her acting choices underwhelming, I find them at times even more affecting than Alice's. As far as chemistry goes, ActingIsLovee, and especially your comment about Jessica "bringing down" Kyle Dean, how would you even know if it was your first time seeing him in the role? I personally don't like him very much - I don't think he's nearly as present or ha
The Best Flop you've seen
 May 21 2010, 09:47:15 PM
I echo The Story of My Life 10000000 times over. I loved it.

I loved 9 to 5 as well, and although I suppose it's technically a flop in terms of critical acclaim and the length of its run, when compared to Story it was a massive success.

What Job On Broadway DON'T You Want?
 Apr 25 2010, 08:18:43 PM
I wouldn't want to be security or a lotto caller for anything. Or, I'd gladly call lotto for a handful of shows for a couple of performances if it meant going for free in exchange.
AMERICAN IDIOT Reviews
 Apr 20 2010, 12:45:34 PM
I 100% agree, Miracle. I think what works best about this show is that it falls somewhere between Hair and Rent in terms of its storytelling. It doesn't reach for the concrete storytelling that Rent does, and isn't as vague or abstract as Hair. It's mostly about the music, with just enough story to give it a thru-line. Perhaps there isn't much in the way of traditional dramatic arcs, and I believe that's what most critics of this show will call it out on. But this show is more thematic than anyt
re: Elf the musical?
 Apr 19 2010, 07:44:58 PM
Well, not as tall as Chris Sieber lol. But not short either.
re: Elf the musical?
 Apr 19 2010, 06:00:29 PM
I believe Noah Weisberg was attached to this project as Buddy at one point, but I don't know where that stands now. I hope he's still involved!
Can you think of a play/musical with roles for 2 pregnant women?
 Apr 8 2010, 11:30:39 PM
Baby.
Hilarious Comments...
 Mar 31 2010, 12:17:01 PM
A friend who works as one of the water sellers at various shows told me this story:

While working at A View From The Bridge, she saw an usher offer a woman a playbill. The woman declined, saying she "already got one at Bye Bye Birdie."

The final show..
 Mar 29 2010, 12:47:30 AM
I agree with the American Idiot suggestion. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to going. As for disliking jukebox musicals, this technically isn't one. Green Day wrote the American Idiot album as a concept album to be staged as a musical a la Tommy, so this production isn't a jukebox musical as much as their original intention coming to fruition. And I hear it's fantastic.
Photo Coverage: Roundabout's Sondheim 80 Gala at Sondheim on Sondheim!
 Mar 23 2010, 12:16:27 PM
Yep, crying.
Positive Songs About Parenthood
 Mar 15 2010, 12:50:12 AM
I third (fourth?) Our Children from Ragtime.

Also, Christmas Lullaby from Songs For A New World.

Broadway Inspired Wedding Toast (video) - So fun!
 Feb 26 2010, 11:19:12 AM
Can this be my wedding?! Amazing.
re: What was your best/worst stagedoor encounter
 Aug 15 2009, 11:46:17 AM
My best specific stagedoor experience would have to be Raul Esparza after Company. I was very pressed for time because I had to catch a train at Penn station, and Raul had guests he was speaking to backstage so it was taking him longer to come outside. There was only a fairly small group of people waiting at the SD, so I guess they heard me talking to my friend about how we'd have to leave if he didn't come out REALLY soon, and how I'd be really disappointed (I was really only waiting for him),
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You