News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ms_Flyover

Member Name: Ms_Flyover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best touring production you have ever seen?
 Dec 13 2019, 12:39:11 AM

There was a tour of Noises Off in the mid 80s that came to Purdue.  I laughed so hard, I woke up the next morning with a pulled ab muscle.  30 years later, I still remember moments from that show.

Add my vote for the recent Hello Dolly Tour with Betty Buckley.  Caught it by chance in Chicago, and liked it better than I did on Bway with Bernadette Peters - and I bloody loved it on Broadway.  Literally flew to DC just to catch the tour a second time.  Th

Hello, Dolly! Tour reviews.
 Aug 12 2019, 09:32:47 PM

You saved me the need to write a review from having seen the show in NY, Chicago and DC. My only difference is that I was 2nd row orchestra in DC, which was lovely. 

So - ditto on everything below (except I rather enjoyed Sean Burns).

dmwnc1959 said: "What a gorgeous production, and it was even better than I remembered from when I saw it in Cleveland just over 300 days ago. There’s been very little if anything in the past year (or in my life

Are we nearly at the end of an era for our great musical divas?
 Aug 8 2019, 07:32:48 PM
It’s probable that someone had the same thought mourning the loss of Merman or Martin never anticipating a Buckley or LuPone. I went to see Kiss Me Kate simply on the draw of Kelli O’Hara, so to me, she is a current Diva And I think it’s unfortunate Carolee Carmello hasn’t had “that part” to earn the moniker, because she certainly has the merit.

I guess I’m not feeling a great disturbance in the Force quite yet.

What performance(s) do you wish there were archive/bootleg footage of that you’ve never been able to find?
 Aug 2 2019, 10:49:38 PM
Alan Rickman as Valmont in Les Liaisons Dangereuses
Best understudy you've ever seen?
 Jan 10 2019, 08:07:05 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "- Analisa Leaming as Anna in the King and I revival

She is near perfection as Molloy in the Nat’l  tour of Dolly, so i can image she was terrific as Anna.

Bryan Batt forever changed my feelings about understudies when he went on as Albin in La Cage (Gary Beach was filming the Producers at the time)  He was just fabulous. i ended up watching 6 seasons of MadMen because i surfed past it one day and went “its that guy

A Tony nomination for the Kong puppet?
 Jan 7 2019, 04:19:18 PM

Alas, I believe Tony Rules require a best actor nominee to be listed ABOVE the title, not AS the title, so at best the puppet gets a featured actor nod.

Sunset boulevard movie 2020
 Jan 7 2019, 01:49:29 AM
Patrick Wilson. Has the right look and both BW and Hollywood Cred

Isnt Anna kendrick contractually required to take any young woman legit singing role in a movie musical? And would I love to see Bonnie Milligan cast with no irony whatsoever?

Michael Cerveris is my immediate thought as max, and its the one role where I think you can bring in a stage actor

Unpopular Opinions
 Jan 7 2019, 01:35:37 AM
POTO is bombastic and misogynist and is way past its prime.

Barbara Walsh was 5x better as Joanne in Company than LuPone

If you could go back to one performance...
 Jan 7 2019, 12:13:24 AM
My time machine requests:

Didnt See:
Alan Rickman as Valmont in Les Liaisons Dangereuses
Ian McKellen as Salieri in Amadeus
George Hearn in La Cage
ANYTHING with Gwen Verdon. Anything

Did See:
Tyne Daly in Gypsy. So brilliant and currently so underrated

Best experience you've had at a show?
 Jan 3 2019, 12:51:47 AM

JayG 2 said:

Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin in Virginia Woolf. Blistering

THIS.  

Best experience you've had at a show?
 Jan 3 2019, 12:51:43 AM

JayG 2 said:

Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin in Virginia Woolf. Blistering

THIS.  

Your Theatre Year In Review 2018
 Jan 2 2019, 11:10:51 PM

How many shows have you seen this year?  

12 professional, innumerous community

Show you liked/loved the most?  

Three Tall Women, Lifespan of a Fact, Angels in America, The Children, Hello Dolly 

Show you liked least/hated most?

Phantom   Finally ponied up to see it, and it lived down to all of my expectations

Show that surprised you the most (go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You