News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PassingThrough2

Member Name: PassingThrough2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Apr 29 2022, 11:43:40 PM

I was there tonight with friends. We all agreed Julie Benko was amazing. She was hitting the notes and her performance was very charming. She was a huge hit.

We were medium on Jeremiah. He was unmemorable and made a few mistakes singing. I think he could definitely improve but we were not blown away.

American Utopia - Children
 Nov 27 2019, 12:29:22 PM

I am going to NYC in January with my mother and my seven year old daughter. She is very well behaved for her age. Last year I took her to Kinky Boots on Broadway with no issues and she enjoyed it.

My mother and I are interested in American Utopia based on reviews and that it's something we can't see locally. The website says it's for all ages. Can anyone confirm? I don't mind swearing or mild sexuality, but would like to avoid violence or anything really boring.

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
 Nov 26 2019, 01:55:23 PM
Thank you, yes I was looking the second and third weeks of January. Just decided to go to NYC two days ago. So many on resale but extremely expensive.
The Little Shop got extended till March 8!
 Nov 26 2019, 01:22:29 PM
I am not seeing any availability for any of the January dates I'm considering... Is it already selling out?
Which musical - 7 year old?
 Mar 14 2019, 10:05:31 PM
I wanted to update. I saw Kinky Boots with my daughter tonight. It was wonderful! I listened to the soundtrack and only The Sex is in the Heel did I find... Questionable... But it went right over her head.

She absolutely loved it and her behavior was good. I think the upbeat nature and amount of big, sparkling, performances were a hit. I know it's closing soon but it was a truly great experience for us.

Thanks for all the feedback earlier

Jan 26 2019, 11:09:16 AM

Thank you all!

For more context, I took her to see Kesha / Macklemore this past summer and she loooved it. We let her know in advance that she is not allowed to use that type of language as a child, and she hasn't. We also take her to Pride, etc., and she is familiar with drag. However, I also don't want her to be thrown into Kinky Boots just because it would be my pick from the list :) 

Jan 26 2019, 07:18:33 AM
My 7 year old daughter and I have one night in Manhattan - March 14 (Thursday). She is mature for her age and has attended the symphony, etc. in our city. She knows to stay quiet and be respectful. I saw my first Broadway musical with my parents (42nd Street) with my parents at age 6 and have very fond memories.

So I would like to take her to an authentic Broadway musical but I would rather not spend Wicked prices, especially since we could see this elsewhere pretty easily. I downloaded

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You