News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sparksatmidnight

Member Name: sparksatmidnight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti LuPone says The Phantom of The Opera returning to Broadway would be ridiculous: "Who hasn't seen Phantom and why see it again?!"  Apr 24 2023, 01:08:42 PM

Honestly, I'd be more interested in seeing Patti LuPone being positive about something other than herself.

Disney’s HERCULES at the Paper Mill Playhouse- P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 20 2023, 07:54:31 PM

Is there a song list on the program? Anyone willing to share, if so, please?

Phantom Closing?  Sep 28 2022, 12:50:34 AM

It seems that, unlike my wildest dreams, I won't ever be able to see the glorious Phantom on Broadway. I have no interest in seeing the cheap, downsized version Cameron Mackintosh will put out in a year or two, so I just hope that one crash and burn. Unless the medical field has some interesting development in the next few years, it also seems unlikely that I'll be able to see it, but I hope when it all enters the public domain, someone has a field day recreating the actual brilliant

Viral fan-made BRIDGERTON musical will release concept album  Jul 29 2022, 09:40:00 PM

Most companies and copyright owners are pretty lax with fanworks but draw the line at charging for said fanworks. Open a fanfic website and you will see dozens of non-owned characters getting new life, but you'll certainly bump into a lot of roadblocks if you try to sell those. I don't know why they suddenly thought they should start charging for it and Netflix would just allow it. Also, if you start letting people using trademarks for profit freely, you're getting into a case of

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 14 2022, 12:15:14 AM

I'll blame this one on you for expecting anything different from anyone ever associated with onstage blog

WICKED Film will be split into two movies, releasing December 2024 and 2025  Apr 26 2022, 05:33:58 PM

I've been massively turned off since they announced the cast, but this does make it interesting again. I hope it works out

94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 28 2022, 12:31:16 AM

Am I the only one who thought bringing out Liza was a bit... tasteless? She seemed a bit lost on the reason why she was there, even

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 15 2021, 11:05:33 PM

This made for such a lovely summer evening out and I'm so glad I'm alive at the same time this was out in theatres. Too bad I only saw it today and another comic book movie overtook the theatres near me. Surely we don't need the same movie in 5 different theatres in a single complex?

I know some songs were sung live in the movie - do any of you know if these live versions were also included in the soundtrack or if the soundtrack uses the studio recordings?

Spring Awakening Reunion?  Oct 11 2021, 07:23:15 PM

Missed opportunity if it doesn't get filmed

Beauty and the Beast now revised/abridged: how do you feel?  Oct 11 2021, 06:41:16 PM

Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite shows (my first one, too) and I hate Maison Des Lunes, so I'm not too sad about that. But No Matter What??? I'm not even hoping I could see this production but perhaps it makes sense when you watch it.

DIANA: THE MUSICAL On Netflix - News & Discussion Thread  Oct 3 2021, 12:21:55 AM

I'm not surprised by people's reactions since they were already hating this since it was announced but, even if it's not the best musical in years, it is at least entertaining. It made laugh, and it surprinsingly, made me cry during If (and during the visit to the hospital). I've loved this song for what feels like years now, and it somehow yet managed to move me.

I must be honest and tell you I don't have much of a connection to the actual Diana. She died when I wa

Phantom to change to  Oct 1 2021, 10:32:04 PM

May I ask something to the superphans in this thread?

How do you feel about international replica productions (like the 2018 Brazilian revival) that uses basically the same set, choreography, costumes and direction? It has a faster chandelier and modernized tech  behind the scenes, but everything is (I assume) just like Hal Prince and Maria Bjornson wanted to (down to the angel). What if they were to replace the original, allegedelly worn Broadway sets by one of thos

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 28 2021, 10:58:05 AM

The voters had seen those shows and, as far as we know, they weren't given anything. The reason the date was pushed up to a date before the opening of West Side Story and Girl From North Country had opened was, indeed, because most viewers hadn't seen any.

Sondheim Should Sue  Sep 28 2021, 09:27:01 AM

This thread made me laugh out loud, I didn't expect it. Thank you (I agree they murdered It Takes Two, but I liked Move On)

Mrs. Doubtfire is gonna get protested  Sep 20 2021, 06:29:10 PM

I can't believe people from notorious snarky board like BroadwayWorld would fall for such cheap trolling attempt

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  Sep 13 2021, 07:32:42 PM

Now let's see how long it stays open

Is Michael Greif today’s Hal Prince?  Aug 27 2021, 10:26:26 AM

Comparing anyone working today to Hal Prince is just setting them up for failure. Maybe there simply won't be a "today's Hal Prince" or even a "tomorrow's Hal Prince".

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director  Aug 18 2021, 12:18:23 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "
Pretty sure Powerpuff Girls has a wider appeal than a movie musical.

"

The Powerpuff Girls? Sure. The grown-up, live-action, CW PowerPuff Girls? Different story

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director  Aug 17 2021, 07:05:58 PM

Globefan said: "NameGreg said: "Globefan said: "Dove is attached to The CW's Powerpuff Girls. She won't be available."

One of the other lead actressesalready dropped out recently, could happen with Cameron too. Even if that doesn’t happen, the apparent behind the scenes trouble may mean that the show will be in a production pause for long enough that she could shoot something else.
"

Dove said she doesn't in

CNBC Article: Nobody wants to see a Broadway show  Aug 16 2021, 08:30:07 AM

I can't speak of Broadway because I don't live in the US and right now don't have any plans to visit, but as shows start planning their reopen in my country, I wonder if I'm going back at all, even if cases fall down to a negligible number.

I say this as someone who saw almost 40 shows in 2019: do I really miss paying crazy expensive tickets that could probably be a lot cheaper? Do I miss the people talking, singing, chewing and now with the added element of wondering i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You