News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for keithp

keithp Profile Photo
Member Name: keithp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Won The Tony, Hasn't Performed Since  Aug 19 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Geoffrey Rush? - you mean apart from The Drowsy Chaperone, Diary of A Madman,The Importance of Being Earnest on stage and several films?

Dame Angela Lansbury to star in Blithe Spirit in the US (Again)?  Aug 14 2014, 05:45:06 PM
Actually she isn't an Irish citizen but British hence the Damehood.

Israeli Show Banned By Edinburgh Fringe  Aug 2 2014, 09:33:07 PM
NYT - this isn't about opinion. You are perfectly entitled to yours. However, when you distort real facts, you lose credibility. You have even chosen to ignore everything that that the theatre company involved has said. You presented as fact things that have been entirely contradicted by them. You don't answer points but continue to peddle untruths. I am not arguing with you about your opinion but calling into question the misstatements of real (quite indisputable) facts that you continue to
Israeli Show Banned By Edinburgh Fringe  Aug 2 2014, 01:56:40 PM
NYT - this is what I said - "as the protestors have pointed out they are not demanding that the play not go ahead because the performers are Israeli but because the company is part funded by the Israeli government". This is what you claim I said - "For example, you "report" as factual that there is a distinction between the artists being Israeli and the theater company getting funds from the Israeli government'.
You seem determined to twist,ignore and fabricate to suit your argument. You

Israeli Show Banned By Edinburgh Fringe  Aug 2 2014, 04:14:08 AM
NewYorkTheater - I assume that the basic issue here is your comprehension skills. You can't attack me for my views about the rights or wrongs of the dispute because I didn't give them. You have no idea where I stand on the matter. What I was trying to so, which is what you have singularly failed to grasp, is present the facts of the situation here and correct the misinformation in yours and other posts including the title of the initial post.
There is now a post with details of what the thea

Israeli Show Banned By Edinburgh Fringe  Aug 1 2014, 10:00:16 PM
And NewYorkTheatre you should be embarrassed for not even bothering to try and get basic facts anywhere near correct. Despite being told how the fringe operates and how the decision was reached by the individual venue, you don't seem to be able to grasp the situation. Nothing has been banned. Again, the protests were disrupting the other shows taking place in the venue and surrounding venue. The venue id trying to locate a more suitable location, which would allow the show to go ahead and the p
Israeli Show Banned By Edinburgh Fringe  Aug 1 2014, 09:48:21 PM
There is so much misinformation in the posts on this thread starting with the title. As somebody has pointed out the Fringe did not ban the show but the protest was disrupting other shows. The venue, not the Fringe, is trying to find a more suitable venue. Also as the protestors have pointed out they are not demanding that the play not go ahead because the performers are Israeli but because the company is part funded by the Israeli government, whose Ministry of Culture logo appears on the poste
Into the woods original london production?  Jul 9 2014, 10:28:55 AM
In the theatre, it looked (production design) wonderful and was an extremely satisfying production. Julia McKenzie was a triumph. I don't think those clips are from the theatre but a TV studio recording of extracts so difficult make a fair judgement.

Should there be a BARNUM revival?  Jul 4 2014, 06:17:45 PM
Fair enough but not what you said in your post. "The only reason I'm not going to see the UK tour is because of another TV-star-doing-circus-tricks in the title role."
Should there be a BARNUM revival?  Jul 4 2014, 05:50:47 PM
Conley may be a TV star but before he was a TV star he cut his teeth in variety (pretty good experience for a role like Barnum and not unlike Jim Dale). He has also done several musicals - Me and My Girl, Oliver! and Jolson (a terrific performance). He has a great deal of theatre experience so your reasoning for not seeing it seems rather bizarre.
Julia McKenzie as the Witch singing Last Midnight  May 18 2014, 06:39:40 AM
her Lily Garland in On The Twentieth Century rates as one of the very best performances I have ever seen.

Bernadette cancels concerts due to poor ticket sales  Apr 25 2014, 04:22:01 PM
I am a fan.Her Festival Hall concert in London was thrilling. However, if anybody had been watching her performance of Losing My Mind at the Olivier awards a couple of weeks back, it wouldn't have encouraged ticket sales. Maybe an off night but she was in very poor voice and she looked extremely uncomfortable.
Tonight at Wicked. 10th Anniversary and party!  Oct 31 2013, 06:07:40 AM
Perhaps you didn't mean that Schwarz,Joel Grey,Ben Vereen and even Kristin C "got big off Wicked" but if you did, I'd counter that by saying they were rather big (or at least well known) long before Wicked.
Could London critics be giving Chocolate shade due to Matilda Tony snub?  Jun 26 2013, 08:15:44 AM
dramamama611 - you do understand my comment about Billy Elliot retribution was ironic made in the hope of highlighting the ridiculous nature of the original post? I thought it was pretty obviously so given my comments in the rest of the post.

I'M GLAD MATILDA LOST LAST NIGHT!  Jun 10 2013, 01:47:15 PM
A sore loser. A sour loser. Take your pick.Now JoeKv99 proves there is such a thing as a sore winner. American shows and actors win quite regularly at theatre awards in the UK and I don't think I have heard such vitriolic, mean-spirited American-phobic sentiments when they do.
For the record haven't seen Kinky Boots. Liked Matilda without being bowled over by it but I really couldn't give a **** which country the creators come from. Maybe JoeKv99 needs to get out more or travel a bit. T

Does anyone know if  Mar 19 2013, 07:17:39 AM
DAME - unlike the other poster, i don't like the way you speak. You didn't like the show. Fair enough. However, you arrogance in assuming intelligent people on this board like the show only because of the hype,is quite breathtaking.

I like the show (no more than that) - not as much as some but wouldn't presume to condescend to telling people the only reason they are raving about it is because of the "hoopla". Can't you just accept that some people enjoy things you don't?

CZJ lip-synced at the Oscars  Feb 26 2013, 11:56:49 AM
Actually Dame Shirley B is 76 and in terrific voice.
Casting without Considering Appearance  Jan 13 2013, 08:40:51 PM
a skinny Carlotta won't work? Obviously you didn't see Rosie Ashe who created the part in London and is on the original cast recording. She worked just fine and is certainly not a big woman.
Barbra Barbra Barbra  Oct 15 2012, 07:02:40 PM
and JUDI not Judy Dench
BILLIY ELLIOT = Snoozefest  Sep 30 2012, 12:05:11 PM
Metsfan - I take it you haven't actually listened very closely to either accent?

I am not on a high horse but North East England accents are entirely different from Scottish accents. They may be relatively close in geography but Scotland is a separate country with an entirely different history.

You think Sean Connery sounds like a Geordie? I am glad you wouldn't claim so in downtown Newcastle - you would look extremely foolish

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You