News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CenterOrchestra

Member Name: CenterOrchestra
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The ending of
 Feb 16 2016, 11:41:24 AM

My take was that he was "going through the tunnel" that he saw in his dream the night before - that Richard (brigid's boyfriend) told him to go through the next time.

ON YOUR FEET-the next big hit?
 Oct 19 2015, 12:41:06 PM

I saw this last Monday. I thought it was awful. I should point out I am not a huge fan of Gloria Estefan but it felt like watching TV. It felt predictable and derivative. As my friend who I saw it with remarked "Nothing in the first act prepared us for how truly horrible the second act would be" A lot of people on these boards seem to love it - I am not getting it at all.

Darren Criss in Hedwig
 May 8 2015, 09:41:27 AM

Saw this last night. I thought Darren did a great job. Actually liked him better than NPH. I thought NPH played Hedwig too tough. Darren found a nice vulnerability and seemed into the whole drag queen persona. Saw it twice with JCM in the original production - thought Darren was more on par with JCM's interpretation. Also really liked how well he defined the other characters he played - Lester, Tommy - Hedwig's mother. 

Am I the only one that wasn't that impressed by Hedwig
 Jun 30 2014, 04:25:18 PM
I was unimpressed as well. I saw John Cameron Mitchell both onstage and in the movie. And NPH just made me think about that "other" performance. JCM brought a sort of world weary glamour to Hedwig - that was part drag queen and part 30's movie star that I felt NPH totally missed.

Yes I know it was another interpretation - but to me NPH never really became more than a man in a dress. Talented yes. But believable as a real transgender rock glamour queen? No. At least not for me.

Very Deceiving Aladdin Seating! Beware
 Feb 16 2014, 12:36:44 PM
I have tix July 17 and my seats are MEZZ row AA
Looked like first row of the balcony when i purchased

The Flu: Starring on Broadway
 Jan 21 2013, 11:13:02 AM
I had the flu the night I had Premium Seating for Annie. Regarding the NO RETURNS NO EXCHANGES - it's not quite true. Although they don't don't quite tell you that.

My husband called to see if they would do anything with the tix for us because I had the flu and didn't want to get EVERYONE sick. We really just called as a check before we gave the tickets away.

BUT they told us to not give the tickets away. That because we had scannable tickets - they would KNOW we didn't use

Roxie after Christie Brinkley?
 Apr 19 2012, 10:19:16 AM
I thought Casey Anthony was going to take over the role in August
Darren Criss & Beau Bridges in HOW TO SUCCEED... Thoughts?
 Jan 4 2012, 08:09:24 AM
Caught the first show. Darren Criss is incredibly talented as an actor, a dance man - but when he sang - there was a thinness to his voice that made you want to turn up the volume. This was contrasted by real Broadway performers around him that made his voice sound very weak. Especially obvious was his version of "I Believe in You" which was barely audible followed by Rosemary's reprise which was Broadway performer loud strong and beautiful.
But in spite of that he was extremely charismatic

On A Clear Day First Preview
 Dec 8 2011, 07:50:24 AM
I saw this last night. Harry is so wooden it is a joke. The way he opens his eyes super wide and puts his arms out, just halfway, as if his suit were too tight when he is "acting" And Davey seems to have been cast specifically to keep him unsexy so that you would NEVER imagine that Harry would be attracted to him. These 2 things killed it for me. Although Harry sure can sing!
SPIDERMAN - thurs. 1/20
 Jan 21 2011, 01:03:35 PM
I think Reeve Carney has a great voice. That makes me a shill?
LOL.
It's trendy to hate this show among the ny theatre crowd. You guys are soooo cool! I wish I hated Spiderman and was trendy & cool too!
But sorry. I liked it.

SPIDERMAN - thurs. 1/20
 Jan 21 2011, 12:31:19 PM
Wow. I was there last night as well. In row D of the Orchestra. I had a great time and really enjoyed the show. The music was great. The actors were great - Peter Parker is adorable and a great singer. I think there are a lot of snobs who are so ready to hate this show. The lady behind me during intermission was on her phone complaining to a friend "There is no character development at all! You have no idea WHY the editor hates Peter Parker!"
Come on. It's Spiderman. NOT Hamlet.
Sitting

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You