News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ellie'sdad

Member Name: Ellie'sdad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alice By Heart (PREVIEWS)
 Feb 20 2019, 08:25:50 PM

The show is "enhanced" (i.e. financed) by Broadway producers -one of whom I am friends with.  The goal is to get to Broadway.  IMO only a rave Times review can make that goal happen - which is extremely unlikely.  As I posted previously, this show has been "developed" for years and I saw this version at Vassar last summer.  According to the posts here, the show did not get the reworking that it needed and that those who have invested in the show de

Feb 5 2019, 05:20:56 PM

I was reading the comments about the MCC production and, unfortunately, they line up pretty exactly with my comments re: the Vassar workshop last summer.  I was hoping that the script would get over-hauled and the show tightly focused, but it seems that didn't happen.  As I posted originally, the grafting of one complex story onto another complex story renders both stories incomprehensible - and, of course, any drama and any entertainment gets drained away.  Why this o

Alice By Heart (Previews)
 Feb 5 2019, 04:41:40 PM

Jan 31 2019, 07:47:31 AM

I clearly said that it's possible that the book has been completely and successfully overhauled.  But I also know that in the many years the show has been developed, that hasn't happened.  I "disapproved" of the book from this summer, not the current show which I haven't seen.

Jan 30 2019, 10:37:23 PM

Saw the show's workshop at Vassar this summer.  While much of the music was thrilling and the cast top-notch, the book was fatally flawed.  The show's premise layers a complex story about the WWII London blitz on top of the complexities of the two iconic Alice novels (Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass).   The result was somewhat impenetrable.  It's possible that the book has been completely and successfully overhauled, but the show has been in

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You