News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WorkerBee

WorkerBee Profile Photo
Member Name: WorkerBee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game
 Jan 5 2013, 07:46:03 AM
There are no LCD or LED screens in the production. The production uses a single projector on the balcony rail to project all the imagery.
Longest Running Show without a Tony
 Jun 11 2012, 02:07:05 PM
So as I watched the Tony's last night and noticed that SPIDER-MAN did not get the nod for costumes and scenery, I wondered: "What is the longest running show on Broadway that did not receive a single Tony Award?". I know that everyone will chime in on whether it should/shouldn't have won, but I'm curious as to what type of record it will need to beat to take that honor.
My view of Spiderman 2.0 versus 1.0 (spoilers)
 Feb 5 2012, 08:18:52 AM
The original concept of the show (although completely lost in translation to the stage) was that the SPIDER-MAN story was a timeless piece, spanning the decades. That's why you had a mish-mosh of periods and styles. Many people were confused by the 1940's reporters along side references to Facebook and other shifts in time periods. Interesting idea that really never came to fruition.
SPIDER-MAN - One Year Later
 Nov 24 2011, 05:36:00 AM
Sunday marks the one year anniversary of the first preview of SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK. Despite all of the dire warnings of imminent failure, it seems to be holding it's own (at least for the time being). Any predictions on how many more seasons it may last? If I were a betting man, I think it has the potential to do a three to five year run.
Aaron Carter Joins The Cast Of THE FANTASTICKS
 Nov 15 2011, 11:40:27 AM
Well, I'd certainly be interested in hearing another opinion on what someone else thought. Let me know when you've had a chance to see the show
 Nov 14 2011, 05:04:48 PM
Yes, vocally he was way off mark. Aside from the pitch problems his quality reminded me of someone who can't sing and has spent years going to vocal lessons. It was just rough. Very breathy, vibrato that had a life of it's own (sometimes he controlled it, sometimes he didn't, and sometimes it just disappeared mid note). He did fine on remembering lines, choreography, blocking, etc. and had a couple of good moments but otherwise . . . I kind of felt sorry for him and for the rest of the cast.
 Nov 14 2011, 08:09:42 AM
Well, I saw the FANTASTICKS yesterday and unfortunately, Aaron was pretty rough. The rest of the cast were a talented lot and he was completely out of his league. Had he been at his local high school it would have been a rough performance. His presence doesn't seem to be doing much for crowds either, Sunday matinee and it was a little under 1/3 full.
BWW TV First Look: SPIDER-MAN on Broadway Extended Video Preview!
 Jun 11 2011, 06:11:01 PM
Hey Luner. Sorry, but the PR team is the same. Last time they switched was back in August of '10
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You