News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dcinmb

Member Name: dcinmb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Doris Day has passed  May 13 2019, 10:27:27 PM

My mom and I just stayed at the Cypress Inn, Doris Day's hotel in Carmel-by-the-Sea, two weeks ago. It's a warm, lovely place with lots of well-behaved canine guests.

All About Eve - Spectacular  May 8 2019, 12:26:02 AM

I thought Julian Ovenden was fine but Lily James was truly awful. Gillian Anderson started out really rough but seemed to tone down the overacting as the play went on. Or maybe she was just overacting less than everyone else was so the bar was low.

Hugh Jackman Music Tour 2019  May 7 2019, 11:59:57 PM

Just in case anyone's interested, I'm selling three great floor seats to his Wednesday, July 17th show in San Jose for face value. Can't use them because we decided to go to Iceland instead.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1116024&boardid=55&boardname=ForSale

The Prom, Tootsie or Oklahoma!  Apr 22 2019, 09:32:52 PM

ScottK said: "Between Tootsie and Prom--TOOTSIE (this is Yazbeck of Scoundrel/Monty--and I much prefer Bands Visit/Women on the Verge)

Havent seen Oklahoma--but I'd probably chose it, over the other 2 (at least you know you are getting a great score)

And, being unasked, Id see Beetlejuice!--didnt really know the movie, and had a really fun time! Certainly enjoyed more than Prom/Tootsie
"

Haven't seen Women on the Verge but definitely pref

Ferryman Extends!  Apr 22 2019, 07:57:04 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "We’re only 8 days away from the announcements, but a never-ending 48 days away from the awards. I’ll have all my hair pulled out if I have to wait that long to fill this last slot. lol "

I'm in the same boat, hoping it'll extend through the end of July. But thanks to the kind and helpful people here, I know that my Ferryman slot will be going to either Oklahoma! or The Prom if it doesn't extend.

The Prom, Tootsie or Oklahoma!  Apr 21 2019, 04:54:43 PM

Thanks, everyone! So five for Oklahoma! and five for The Prom.laugh  (Poor Tootsie.) I guess it'll come down to whether we want to see something fun and uplifting or something a bit darker. I tend to gravitate toward shows with emotional heft but we already have a lot of those on our slate. Then again, it sounds like Oklahoma! is unique and will be ha

The Prom, Tootsie or Oklahoma!  Apr 20 2019, 09:35:42 PM

We'll be in NYC at the end of July and have purchased tix for the following so far:

• Frankie & Johnny in the Clair de Lune
  • Hadestown
  • Moulin Rouge
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Also planning to see Sea Wall/A Life and The Ferryman if it gets extended again. (Fingers crossed!)

We have one more slot available (two if Ferryman closes) and are considering the following:

• The Prom
  • Tootsie
  • Oklahoma!

Would love

Apr 14 2019, 03:02:45 AM

I'm seeing it in Palo Alto, CA, on Sunday, May 5th.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You