News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pjc1

Member Name: pjc1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2023-2024 Touring Season  Apr 11 2023, 02:15:40 PM

The Boch Center in Boston has announced its own mini-series of touring shows.  Unlike Broadway in Boston’s usual two-week runs (at a minimum) for subscription shows, these are a week or less:

Nov 24-26: Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer 

Mar 15-17: The Cher Show

Apr 23-28: Hadestown 

Surprised to see Hadestown back in the city so soon, especially because Worcester just finished its own run of it.

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  May 20 2022, 04:13:49 PM

“ just picked up a couple of the $25 seats - A 4&5 - for next Sunday's matinee, and they're listed as partial view. There are seats in front of that selling for full price. I've sat just about everywhere a person can sit in the Loeb Drama Center (including the stage and literally the floor) and never had a bad seat, so I'm curious what makes these partial view. I'd love to hear from anyone who's seen the show or is otherwise familiar with this production

The Band’s Visit National Tour 2021-22  Nov 18 2021, 06:16:52 PM

MattieIce2018 said: "Just got an email - the stop in Worcester this week was cancelled due to "unforseen circumstances" and pushed back to next June. It's so last minute (it would have started performances on Thursday) that I can't help but wonder if something happened. Has anyone heard anything?"

For some reason, I can’t drop a link here, but if you go to the theater’s website, the latest blog entry talks about this.  Basically, it

When did "dressing up" to go to the theater stop?  Oct 25 2021, 03:57:10 PM
I remember reading an article back in the 90s that said that Tommy’s audiences were noticeably more informally dressed than other audiences at the time. It seems to line up with what was said above since that show opened in 1993. No idea if that opened the casual floodgates.
What’s next for THE INHERITANCE?  Sep 28 2021, 02:14:21 PM
For what it’s worth, Boston is getting a regional production in the spring:

https://www.speakeasystage.com/shows/2022/04/the-inheritance/

Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread  Feb 16 2020, 07:26:50 AM
I noticed in the Playbill that the first character listed in the second act is Second Bellhop. That character didn’t appear at our performance. From start to finish, the show ran 2:35 (as opposed to the 2:45 listed at the theater or the 2:40 mentioned in an earlier reply). I’m curious if a sequence was cut from the beginning of the second act at our performance. Does anybody who went to an earlier performance remember a second bellhop in the second act?
Best touring production you have ever seen?  Oct 30 2019, 12:01:31 PM

Mike: Angels in America toured back in 1994 with two parts. I don’t know how extensive or successful the tour was, but it started in Chicago and did include Boston.

AMERICAN UTOPIA comes to Broadway  Sep 27 2019, 11:38:42 PM

The critic reviews have been coming out in Boston the last day or two and they've been just gushing over this show.

Saw it tonight and can't add much to what's already been written in this thread.  It's a thorough joy from beginning to end.  Not much of a narrative arc, but there's a thematic arc that we're guided through by Byrne's narration.

I'd be curious if it has the same appeal to people unfamiliar with (or not enamored with) Byrne

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 29 2019, 03:10:52 PM

Saw this review just posted: https://www.theatretalkboston.com/post/review-tea-at-five-huntington-avenue-theatre-pre-broadway-engagement

ART Boston seating  May 24 2019, 08:30:24 AM
Mike: for me, the ART’s Loeb Drama Center has the most comfortable seating in the Boston area. Most shows there are set up like the current We Live in Cairo (you can take a look at seating charts for that show) with eight rows in front, a break, and then the rest of the seating.

I prefer to be behind the break because those are “permanent” seats; the ones in front of the break are on platforms that tend to spread vibration more - I’ve had restless neighbors in that area that have cause

2019-2020 Touring Season  Mar 11 2019, 03:20:50 PM
Mike: off-topic, but if you’re interested in seeing Once in Boston and aren’t aware, there’s an excellent production of it currently running at the Calderwood, put on by SpeakEasy... it’s there through April 7
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You