News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ParkandBark

Member Name: ParkandBark
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rosie O’Donnell Show  Mar 23 2020, 03:11:43 AM

edmundog2 said: "That's the one. Who is it? Why is it so prominently placed? Why hastily put on the fridge with packing tape? IT IS A MYSTERY."

I'm pretty sure its the music director Mary-Mitchell Campbell who works with Kristen a lot. She had a photo of her up (not a t-shirt tho) for something I watched the other night - i wanna say it was her living room concert with Seth Rudetsky and he asked her what the picture was and she explained it was Mary-Mitchell.

SIX - Preview Thread  Mar 6 2020, 01:04:08 AM

Rogerdellibovi said: "Has any one stagedoored? Who came out?"

Stage doored this past Sunday evening. All six came out (Nicole, Andrea, Mallory, Britt, Sam, Anna). Security guard said they would come out but wouldn't be posing for photos since it was end of a long week and they wanted to get home. We could take pics of them signing just not ask for them to pose for selfies. It took about 25 minutes for them to come out and they all pretty much came out at once.

Hadestown cast replacements  Mar 2 2020, 06:11:26 PM

ggersten said: "angoradebs said: "ggersten said: "

Thanks, Pashcar! Yes, given the priority on seeing this show and travel, the "peace of mind" factor is larger than normal. I'll keep looking. From A View From My Seat, it looks like Hades' office is more stage right, so I think I'd prefer to be, if not center, than on the right side of auditorium (stage left). It also looks like light standards may block view on the extreme sides."<

Diana Previews  Mar 2 2020, 02:39:40 PM

Michelle chouraqui said: "lost the lottery today, anyone win?"

I won! trying to convince my friend to come with me though haha

is anyone winning hadestown or moulin rouge lottery tix  Mar 2 2020, 12:59:43 PM

I won Hadestown for Sunday 3pm. We got given 2 box seats. Great view and didn't miss much. Whole cast was in and Reeve, John, and Timothy signed at stage door.

SIX - Preview Thread  Mar 2 2020, 01:21:24 AM

was there tonight so got to see Mallory and Nicole.I was there last Sunday with the full principal cast and with Abby's voice going.  I thought they both did amazing and looked great in their costumes. Add me to the list of people wishing they would wear the same outfits rather than having special alternate outfits. I've seen it in the West end a few times and it can get confusing with multiple alternates on trying to remember who is playing who and some of the alternate out

Emojiland -- General Rush?  Feb 23 2020, 02:57:45 AM

they have a TodayTix $25 lottery. I have entered it 2 times (the last 2 Friday nights) and won both times. My friend won last friday too so seems super easy to win. 

SJB, Rudetsky, tonight Ft. lauderdale  Feb 22 2020, 03:47:45 AM

South Florida said: "Hey South Floridians, any out there going to Parker Playhouse tonight please recap the show here as I can't attend. The circumstances that have led to this are tragic. I've been living down here for 25 years and this is the first show I've really wanted to see in all that time. Have fun and please post a list of songs and laughter moments, Seth has a way of making things lighter and funny."

from SJB's social media she can no longe

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/16/20  Feb 20 2020, 11:35:43 PM

is it possible that Cher touring at the same time hurt the show? like, why see the cher show when you could just see Cher herself?

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 19 2020, 11:44:28 AM

Impossible2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "How is that hinting at a new recording? Just sounds like they’re saying it’s on Spotify."

Exactly x
"

They were saying to check it out on Spotify because now when you play the songs little 5 second videos of the london original cast/studio cast play. Thats what was new. Not an announcement for an OBCR

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/16/20  Feb 18 2020, 08:54:44 PM

I have no knowledge of broadway accounting or anything but I just went back through the last couple of weeks of grosses and I notice West Side Story has exactly 100% capacity every single week. Not 1 seat more (standing room?) or less filled at every performance? Every other show even the perennially sold out shows seem to fluctuate a bit on exact seating numbers. Is this some weird reporting or they actually have sold out every show and not done standing room or anything at any performance?<

Unsinkable Molly Brown!  Feb 15 2020, 02:04:35 PM

Auggie27 said: "How is the re-purposed score? Did they retain "Are You Sure?" my favorite from the OBC? Classic Willson. I understand it was moved around twice, but is no longer in the position it was placed originally."

Was there last night - got the $25 today tix rush and were seated 3rd row center (C8 and C9). I went in completely blind having no clue to the original so cannot comment on changes but after googling a bit it seems a lot has changed. It'

Hadestown Plot Question  Feb 12 2020, 11:49:06 AM

When i first saw the show (having never listened to the album before) I automatically assumed they slept together and then was suprised afterwards that others didn't get that at all. For me it was Hades loosening his tie before stepping through the door after Eurydice. Like why else would he do that?

Erika Henningsen to Depart Mean Girls  Jan 15 2020, 01:15:09 AM

copathetiic said: "ParkandBark said: "treblemakerz said: "You have to be pretty adequate at tap in order to make "Stop" work. Damian isn't a role that can go to someone who isn't a fairly experienced dancer. So, no, not the easiest to stunt cast."

I'm pretty sure Grey doesn't actually tap in the show though. He said in an interview or maybe on one of the vlogs (i don't remember) that the ensemble makes him look good

Erika Henningsen to Depart Mean Girls  Jan 15 2020, 12:47:37 AM

treblemakerz said: "You have to be pretty adequate at tap in order to make "Stop" work. Damian isn't a role that can go to someone who isn't a fairly experienced dancer. So, no, not the easiest to stunt cast."

I'm pretty sure Grey doesn't actually tap in the show though. He said in an interview or maybe on one of the vlogs (i don't remember) that the ensemble makes him look good as he pretends to tap. I don't think he's wearing s

Female performers who aren't dancers?  Jan 12 2020, 03:03:17 AM

Beth Leavel talks a lot in interviews about how she's not a dancer. Caitlin Kinnunen is another who doesn't really dance. 

The entire OBC of Come From Away always joked about how bad they all are at dancing and how long it took them to learn choreography (same with the older actors in Prom). 

Oklahoma Closing 1/19/20  Jan 9 2020, 02:00:32 AM

Saw Oklahoma! tonight. Neil Patrick Harris was there with his husband which was cool.

Have never seen a production of it before but did look at a few clips online of older versions to get a sense of the traditional staging. Audience was pretty full since it was fan appreciation night. They had a talkback afterwards but I didn't stay for it. I must say, while I enjoyed it and am glad I saw it (the full cast was in too) I too was a bit confused by the ending. Also, had I not been on

FUN HOME Film Adaptation  Jan 5 2020, 06:16:05 PM

What about Sara Ramirez for Big Alison? (Obviously if its not Beth Malone or Jenn Colella who would be my #1 picks). Or she might be a tad young but can Samira Wiley sing?

For Joan: Hayley Kiyoko, Amandla Stenberg, Miley Cyrus or maybe a lesbian youtuber (like Ally Hills, Stevie Boebi, Ambers Closet or Shannon Beveridge)

For Medium Alison: Alyson Stoner (or she could be Joan), Caitlin Kinnunen, Lauren Patten

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?  Dec 28 2019, 03:49:07 PM

Have tickets for:

Oklahoma!

Jagged Little Pill

Hadestown (again after seeing it in previews through TDF)

Wicked (2nd time)

Beth Leavel at Feinsteins/54 Below

Flying Over Sunset (LincTix)

To Kill A Mockingbird (LincTix)

Caroline or Change (1st Preview $10 through HipTix)

Company

Girl From The North Country

Six (1st Preview and again a few weeks later)

Beetlejuice (2nd time after seeing in previews through TDF)<

Jenn Colella and Caitlin Kinnunen to Star in Site-Specific Reading of FUN HOME  Dec 20 2019, 01:55:04 AM

Was there tonight. It was amazing. Jenn Colella was such a good Alison and Caitlin Kinnunen and the young Alison did amazing. I thought Kate Baldwin was fantastic and heartbreaking. I would kill to have this cast record some of the songs - especially Changing My Major, Days and Days, and Telephone Wire. 

Side note: Audra McDonald was there and she was loving it (I sat right behind her!) 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You