News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 50by25

Member Name: 50by25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 15 2019, 06:32:18 PM

dotseurat2 said: "My mom got my daughter, having recently become interested in Greek mythology, tickets to see the show for her birthday. Do you think we should listen to the live recording first or should she go in knowing nothing?"

I went into the show not knowing the story or the music, but the music has grown on me since, as I've been listening to the older recordings. While I wish shows would stand alone on first watch, I'm now wondering if I would like

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 4 2019, 04:13:58 PM

theaterdude2 said: "I haven't commented on the show yet, I saw it last weekend and absolutely LOVED it. I am writing today because I can't stand one more person on here hating on Reeve Carney. I almost think I must be missing something here. Are all these haters just because he replaced Damon Daunno? (which is ridiculous, people leave shows all the time)"

I've never seen (or heard the music to) Hadestown before this week, and also have never seen Damo

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 4 2019, 11:14:34 AM

Warbucks2 said: "I do not like politically pandering in shows at all. But that is not what happened here. The song was written in 2006, well before Trump took office and before his whole “build the wall” movement. The show just happens to have landed on broadway at a time when there is a political issue that matches up with that song.

Here’s an article by the Anais Mitchell talking about this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581cbcb7e4b044f827a78c0a/amp
"

Great point, and super interesting article! Thank you for sharing. While clearly not an intentional allusion to Trump, I do think keeping it in comes off that way and wish it would be dropped. If that truly wasn't the intent, it's a big distraction to the actual plot.

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 4 2019, 09:49:12 AM

spidernight said: "2. The previous flaw is really caused by the flaw that is Why We Build a Wall. It’s a very good song that has to be kept, especially after nine years, but how exactly does it make sense in regards to the story. I mean why is there even a wall? Hades is underground right? The wall keeps out “poverty”? Huh? How does this song belong in the show? And apparently they have nowhere else to put it so it has to end Act I so Wait for Me can’t. Except

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 3 2019, 12:24:41 PM

I saw this last night for the first time, and run time was about 2:30.

Honestly, I did not love it as much as many on here. By the end I was really into it (and was on the edge of my seat for the walk back from Hadestown), but it was a slow ramp up for me rather than immediate enjoyment.

1. I wish they had done more to establish Orpheus and Eurydice falling in love. Particularly from that first introduction, it felt like Orpheus was a socially inept guy who thought he wa

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 3 2019, 09:49:11 AM

I had row P, dead center, for Hadestown last night. Fabulous seats!

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 2 2019, 03:40:22 PM

moira8 said: "Posted this in another thread. But for those who weren't able to get TDF tickets,currently in ticketmaster, orchestra Row R 20-22 tickets for tonight's show (April 2) are only $49 + fees. I just purchased R 16-18 for friends for the same price. Not sure why those 4 seats were priced lower for tonight's show. Other days, they're $109."

For which show?

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 28 2019, 01:09:27 PM

The Band's Visit is up for tomorrow night.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 27 2019, 01:56:26 PM

I snagged two before they sold out, thanks to this posting! Thanks, JakeEvan!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You