News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for East Side of Broadway

Member Name: East Side of Broadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Burn This Reviews  Apr 21 2019, 01:15:08 AM

I caught this production again on a last-minute whim tonight with a friend and I'm happy to report it has greatly improved all around! 

I enjoyed it the first time around, but this time it felt more tight (even though it seemed to run a little longer...). Russell's performance has certainly improved since early previews and I wonder what the critics would say if they saw her tonight. She was more engaging and I did feel a connection between her and Driver, especially when

Peace for Mary Frances transfer?  Apr 14 2019, 10:14:04 PM

Heard that Peace for Mary Frances may be transferring next fall...

Is there any truth to this? I would LOVE to see Laurie Metcalf as the Johanna Day role. 

Burn This Previews  Apr 3 2019, 01:20:18 PM

Bwaydreamer3 said: "I think that has to do more with the individual rather than an entire age group. As a 20 year old African American woman in no way did I enjoy Roy Cohn saying the N word in Angels, but I can understand why it was necessary."

I agree with you and have edited my post. (The Roy Cohn example is great, by the way!) 

Burn This Previews  Apr 3 2019, 01:00:27 PM

I caught this last evening and was very impressed by this production. It's a fantastic two and a half hours of theatre! The physical production is nothing too flashy, but it is extremely grounded and the lighting is beautiful. The performances were great across the board, with Uranowitz and Driver as standouts. Russell seems to have improved since early previews, as I thought her nuanced performance was a very respectable debut! <

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You