News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ljung

Member Name: Ljung
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

"Ta Ta For Now" Broadway !  Mar 16 2020, 01:34:31 PM

NPH had a truly great Tony's hosting year in 2013. The opening is my favorite of all time, followed closely by this from later in the show. I watch both of these at least 1x a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnB6ynZEr2U

"Ta Ta For Now" Broadway !  Mar 14 2020, 10:48:00 PM

NPH had a truly great Tony's hosting year in 2013. The opening is my favorite of all time, followed closely by this from later in the show. I watch both of these at least 1x a month.

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Feb 5 2020, 04:27:12 PM

I saw Mean Girls with original cast a while back, and honestly the Aaron Samuels character barely registered for me - generally forgettable. But luckily a friend of mine warned me about Cameron Dallas so I wasn't blindsided when I saw it again on 1/28. It was so stand-out, laughably bad, I could hear my friend chuckling (desperately trying not to belly laugh) 4 seats away from me. Definitely tittering all across the mezzanine. The mezzanine was basically sold out, but I don't kno

Jeremy Jordan Begins in Waitress  Apr 9 2019, 05:42:11 PM

starcatchers said: "@Ljung there was also a VERY large group of high schoolers, which I think accounts for a large part of the screaming coming from the mezz."

Ah. that would explain why I felt like I was at a One Direction concert. Or a BTS concert? Or whatever the kiddos are watching these days. (aaaaand..... The elder millennial exits stage left)

Jeremy Jordan Begins in Waitress  Apr 9 2019, 05:39:09 PM

@massofmen @Luminaire2 

She's definitely not a bad actress, she's just a really different type of Jenna. And she and JJ have a self-admitted big sis/little bro chemistry in real life (video interview on BroadwayWorld). Maybe the stage chemistry will change over the run. I don't NOT believe them. I just believe her more when she's on her own. 

Jeremy Jordan Begins in Waitress  Apr 9 2019, 12:05:51 PM

JDonaghy4 said: "No disrespect to Jeremy Jordan, but when I saw the show without him a few weeks ago, the stage door was insane afterward as I walked out. And when I left INK last week, well after Waitress had let out, there were still people standing out there, id say close to a hundred, to meet Shoshana. I am sure JJ's fans were there, but Waitress attracts a teenage fan base (lotsa tourists) regardless."

Oh I’m sure - I was very happy to have SBean as my

Jeremy Jordan Begins in Waitress  Apr 8 2019, 11:21:06 PM

P.S. I ran for the bathroom at the end of the show because people were sprinting past me, and when I got there the bathroom was empty, haha. Silly me, they were all young-ish girls Usain Bolt-ing for the stage door. When I got out to the street the crowd had to be at least 5-6 people deep waiting for JJ, I assume. So don't bother unless you're diehard! 

Jeremy Jordan Begins in Waitress  Apr 8 2019, 11:20:05 PM

Just got home from Jeremy Jordan's debut in Waitress. (Background on me: this was my first time seeing the show (I had seen and liked the movie but didn't love the plot), but have loved the soundtrack. I 100% bought tix to see JJ in this. Shoshana Bean was a lovely bonus.)

It should be no surprise that at least ~70% of the overall audience and probably 95% of the mezz was there to see him. His entrance had an almost uncomfortably long applause break. Any time he does 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You