News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jjdenison22

Member Name: Jjdenison22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scott Rudin takedown
 Apr 20 2021, 05:05:38 PM
People like Rudin, who have been doing this for decades and are now in their 60s, don’t change. Sad fact.
Rob Roth to step down
 Apr 20 2021, 03:58:36 PM
You’re making it a point that copying down an email in full view is wrong wrong wrong—but being an abusive a-hole and your colleagues supporting you and making jokes about it in support is a giant shrug. Priorities.
Sutton Foster statement
 Apr 20 2021, 03:49:09 PM

Hey guys, just wondering—what does Sutton Foster’s feet taste like? Also, how does it feel to be part of the problem? Patti LuPone, Norm Lewis, Bette Midler, Betty Buckley, Hugh Jackman, Mandy Patinkin, Harvey Fierstein, Donna Murphy ...crickets. I’m not placing blame on Sutton exactly, as she is not responsible for other people’s behavior, but her statement was tone-deaf. I think a lot of people look up to Sutton and are disappointed. I know I’m disappointe

Carrie the Musical podcast teaser
 Mar 21 2021, 12:20:47 AM

qolbinau said: "I find it interesting that Alice Ripley on the podcastseems to insist that Margaret is her favourite role?Really?The obvious reason being surely it is her Tony-award winning role in next to normal. She then went on to say (if I recall) it was partly because it was fun and didn't require that much work (whereas I'm guessing next to normal was life and voice consuming), but still.

The full show with Alice Ripley (pro-shot) is actually on YouT

Touring season 21-22
 Mar 16 2021, 12:20:28 AM
No one needs a non-equity production of anything! 😜🙃
The Greatest Musical Theatre Voices Ever?
 Mar 16 2021, 12:16:50 AM
Hands down—Betty Buckley. Not sure why she didn’t have a larger Broadway presence except by choice, because she has such a strong, unique voice.

Ramin Karimloo—amazing and so much range.

Mar 12 2021, 12:25:12 AM
1988 staging was far superior in just about every way. While the 2012 off-Broadway revival may have done a better job of fleshing out the characters and explaining Carrie’s powers, the new songs replacing the iconic ones and lack of a full-scale, proper orchestra really left me sad. It’s so sad to hear how much the creators locked away the bad memories of the original when so many of us were listening to the soundboard. We’re they ever aware of how much it is loved by so many people who don’t be
 Feb 26 2021, 01:13:16 AM
Do you remember what “The Destruction” was like on Broadway and how it compared to the RSC version? Based on opening night recordings it sounds like there were some different effects and staging used?
Phantom to change to
 Feb 15 2021, 04:14:46 PM

I would give anything to see “Phantom...” right now regardless of what version was on stage.

NETworks is bringing back Hairspray tour in 2020
 May 29 2019, 06:52:59 PM
I have watched equity and non-equity tours and you can either act/dance/sing or you can’t. The issue, for me at least, is that non-equity generally pay the cast far lower, have scaled down cheaper sets, but charge the same ticket price!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You