News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Music_Maker42

Member Name: Music_Maker42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs that boost your mood
 Jun 20 2019, 02:20:09 PM

ChildofEarth said: "Recently, Living It Up On Top from Hadestown."

Yup that was my first thought!!!

I’ll add the title song to Hello, Dolly

and a lot of Book of Mormon 

also The Drowsy Chaperone 

Hadestown Cast Ponderings
 Jun 7 2019, 11:41:38 PM
Robert Cuccioli for Hades

Drama Desk Reactions
 Jun 3 2019, 10:59:12 AM

hak5 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Well just keep reminding people that Hadestown wasn’t up for the award so this doesn’t mean The Prom has a chance against it."

and just why was HADESTOWN not nominated in this category ?!
"

It was only eligible in certain categories due to the previous production at NYTW. 

Breaking: New Version of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, EVITA, MACK & MABEL & More Set for NY City Center's 2019-20 Season
 Jun 3 2019, 10:44:01 AM

givesmevoice said: "I had seen the three Encores! shows last week because I saw that I could renew my subscription, but I didn't know Victoria Clark was directing Love Life and that Ashley Park is starring in Millie! I really hope they bring back Alexandra Socha and Douglas Sills for Mack and Mabel.

Also I definitely did not see that Evita gala. I assume this will not be a 40th anniversary reunion special?
"

I really hope Alexandra Socha a

Lea DeLaria
 Jun 3 2019, 12:03:56 AM
Coriolanus at the Delacorte??
RIDEL: "Ain't Too Proud could pull upset."
 Jun 1 2019, 09:49:52 AM
I’ve noticed he always changes his prediction to everything but the eventual winner.
What happened to THE SECRET GARDEN revival?
 May 27 2019, 01:00:34 PM
Yay!!! I love The Secret Garden!!
2019 Tony Awards Performances
 May 22 2019, 12:57:09 PM

Ourtime992 said: "In the context of the show, Why We Build the Wall doesn't feel like a political statement, but out of context it feels like nothing BUT a political statement.

After the Experience on Kelly & Ryan, I'm of the opinion that Way Down Hadestown doesn't feel like much without the staging/descent.

Living it Up on Top works well enough, but they've already done it several times. That number is out there for anyone interested in the

New Group Announces 2019-2020 season (incl. Peter Dinklage as Cyrano!)
 May 21 2019, 04:03:35 PM
Take my money take it now. This sounds really amazing actually.
Secret Life of Bees - Previews
 May 21 2019, 02:15:23 PM

Hamilfan2 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "Hamilfan2 said: "

I was thinking the same thing, since Ohlahoma is a limited engagement I could definitely see it coming in after Oklahoma closes in the fall."

Didnt they extend until January?
"

Oh good point, I forgot they extended! I guess it would be a spring opening then (which I feel like might actually work better for their timeline)
"

Spring would be a more

Secret Life of Bees - Previews
 May 21 2019, 03:40:07 AM
I think Circle in the Square is perfect for it. And with Sam Gold directing maybe it’ll end up there.
Tony Night Suprises
 May 18 2019, 07:15:44 PM
Finnoula Flanagan winning over Celia Keenan-Bolger and Mockingbird getting shut out.

May 18 2019, 09:09:16 AM
That’s your opinion. I don’t think he’s giving anything special. It’s not an acting role. He just prisses around the stage and sings big notes. Not acting. I’d rather anyone else win. He’s not owed an award-no one is.

May 18 2019, 07:56:56 AM
I like Hadestown a lot but can’t for the life of me understand why Andre is getting so much attention. He’s a narrator. That’s a really easy part. There’s no arc or acting involved-it’s just singing.

This isn’t like 2015 because that year you had three actors from one show nominated and two from another in this category-so someone from a show with co-nominees would win no matter what. Not saying one of the guys won’t and frankly I didn’t don’t love Tootsie but Andy stood out (loved his

May 17 2019, 10:36:43 PM
Neither
Brantley and Green's WILL WIN/SHOULD WIN 2019
 May 16 2019, 11:11:06 AM
I’ve noticed a slight pattern in the “should wins” ending up winning in the acting categories so tell me again how Brantley has no sway. He does and this is his not so subtle way of flaunting it. It would be responsible to release it the day the votes are due. The Oscars people did it the day before the ceremony I believe (maybe the Friday but it was much closer-and it’s arguable that the Oscars are harder to pull this for than the Tonys because there’s a lot more voters for the Oscars.)
The Devil Wears Prada
 May 15 2019, 02:34:35 PM

raddersons said: "HenryTDobson said: "I think having only one song late in the show for Miranda would be effective.I so wish this was a David Yazbeck project."

Exactly what I was thinking. Give Miranda an emotional 11-o'clock ballad and don't let her sing another word.

Christine Baranski would be such an amazing fit.
"

A lot of these women are too old. Miranda isn’t 70. I think giving her some singing is still nec

May 15 2019, 02:24:57 PM
Is that because the band/orchestra was located elsewhere in the cases of Comet and Hair? Also there’s a lot of parts in the music. For a cappella I totally understand. For the others I’m kind of wondering why.
The Devil Wears Prada
 May 14 2019, 04:02:51 PM

Jarethan said: "AEA AGMA SM said: "Just basing it off of the movie (as we don't know what direction the score will ultimately go in at the point), and of course Anna Wintour herself, Patti LuPone would not be my choice for a character who comes across as almost detached in her biting, icy, elegance. For me, personally, I feel as if so much of Patti's power comes from her brassiness and fire, neither of which scream Miranda Priestly to me."

Totall

2019 Tony Awards Performances
 May 14 2019, 03:53:25 PM
Hadestown won’t do Wait for Me. That’s giving away way too much and it features a performer who’s not even nominated. It’s a gorgeous scene but I highly doubt they’re performing it on the Tonys.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You