News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadway213

Member Name: broadway213
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Replacing Plaza Suite  Apr 9 2022, 06:44:12 PM

Does anyone know if POTUS is 90 minutes or two acts? 

Funny Girl 2022 Revival  Oct 7 2021, 11:18:25 AM

Anyone know if the physical box office is open for tickets? Would love to save on these silly fees. 

TIme for an August: Osage Revival?  Apr 29 2021, 07:59:41 PM

No August Osage County revival will happen without Carrie Coon.

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  May 30 2020, 10:21:20 PM

Yes- Hadestown with a powerful statement.

And wicked...Really not reading the room. Wouldn't want to make those midwestern tourist mad by referencing Black lives at all!! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1RQPslotN/

#blacklivesmatter and Broadwayworld  May 30 2020, 07:38:28 PM
Thank you Broadwayworld team for showing your solidarity and support for #blacklivesmatter and justice for George Floyd below.

https://www.facebook.com/126634689416/posts/10158279666879417/?d=n

I know our community unfortunately has some members who might be uneducated on and/or spread unnecessary backlash to the movement but I think it is so important for us as a community to support our fellow black artists, administrators and audiences.

I hope to see more shows, theater publications, and theater companies make statements and show their support as well.

Theater is inherently political. We have spoken up for and fundraised for the queer community (And still do) in support and now it is time to support the many Black men and women who are also essential in the storytelling we do!

Thank you BROADWAYWORLD! lets all keep speaking out and donating!

What musical is said to be unpopular and obscure, but actually isn't?  May 25 2020, 11:19:35 PM

The two that come to mind for me are Dogfight and Songs for a New World- every young person is obsessed with them but thinks they are 'obscure' because of their limited off-broadway runs, but then they are heard non-stop at every audition and concert by that one high school theater kid who knows a little more about theater than his or her wicked loving peers. 

Bridges of Madison County comes to mind too in that it had a short run and was not well received by some, but the

Drama League's Distinguished performance Award 2020  May 1 2020, 01:16:52 PM

shocked by a lot of the snubs here. 

My heart gives it to Danny Burstein- but sadly Burstein is not in the type of role this award usually goes to. I am thinking they may give it to Deidre O'Connell who is a theater staple AND gave a phenomenal performance this season. 

Emptiest/Smallest Audiences at Broadway shows?  Apr 30 2020, 01:50:00 PM

Quite a few come to mind for me- 

Head over heels for sure, where I was in maybe row H of the orch and the entire orch behind us was empty. 

Airline Highway at MTC- where I was maybe one of 4 people in the mezz

The tail end of My Fair Lady at LCT where nearly the full side sections of the orch were empty

I also know the revival of Side show didn't even open the balcony at the St James- but that's also a pretty big theater... 

Neil LaBute’s THE SHAPE OF THINGS benefit reading  Apr 25 2020, 03:48:37 PM

https://www.playbill.com/article/rose-byrne-to-lead-live-stream-of-gruesome-playground-injuries

This happening right after! What a great back to back night of theatre! 

Drama League's Distinguished performance Award 2020  Apr 15 2020, 03:07:17 PM

I would add Campbell Scott (A Christmas Carol) to this list. 

If the awards happen I could see them giving it to Laura Linney- who was excellent in her one woman show, and has quite the broadway resume. I think it is rare they give it to someone who is not a big star unless it is the absolute most iconic/breakout role of the season (i.e. Ben Platt) or a celebrity like NPH. 

Tickets Refunds  Mar 16 2020, 05:53:37 PM

Hi!

Can we start a thread here of tickets you have received refunds for? I have about 6 shows that I bought tix for in the closure and have not received anything for any of them yet. Know there's a lot going on and it could very well take a while- which is fine- but would love to hear updates from others. 

Hope everyone is safe, healthy and staying strong!

xo

The Second Woman @BAM  Oct 18 2019, 12:36:01 AM

Anyone planning on going? Would love to hear updates about the wait (if any) to get in as it begins!

Thanks!

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 3 2019, 03:22:39 PM

I was Orch row C center for slave play last week! 

The Official TDF Thread  Aug 29 2019, 11:50:33 AM

Like when people post seat locations- so thought I'd share that at Betrayal last night they gave me great seats- Orch row L right off the house left aisle! 

No Bad Seats?  Aug 11 2019, 11:41:39 PM

Some of the seats over to the sides (i.e. the "Orchestra boxes" at the palace are absolutely awful. I have sat all over at the booth- all the way back and all the way to the sides) and never had too much obstruction...

#BroadwayBloodbath  Aug 9 2019, 04:16:11 PM

When you trace the # back on Instagram- it seems to have been started by Morgan James- who has a history of being v problematic. Remember when she hated on the Shakespeare in the Park ITW a few years ago on twitter and got like blacklisted? 

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!  Jul 12 2019, 05:31:44 PM

Love the initiative to release 10,000 affordable tickets- but aren't the last two rows of pretty much any play $39/$49 (sans ones with limited runs that are guaranteed to do incredibly well). Even incredibly successful Mockingbird has balcony seats for $39... I believe Network did too...and certainly every other play with less familiar content...

Hadestown - wait for next block of tickets or October?  Jul 2 2019, 10:56:36 AM

and principal contracts are almost always 1 year of that (especially in a show like this with Bway names, not celebrity names), so you should be fine either. 

Hadestown - wait for next block of tickets or October?  Jul 2 2019, 10:55:21 AM

I think your fine with either- but I think prices may trickle down a little by March since they are astronomically high post-tonys right now. I would guess if you by in Oct/Nov for March you'll save a good $40/50 per ticket. 

Burn This Stage Door  Jun 21 2019, 11:40:24 AM

I think all stage doors with big celebrities should not let you bring non-show merch to sign!

For Hedwig- NPH would only sign playbills/posters from the show- and it was a great experience! But I remember Daniel Radclife signing a bunch of Harry Potter stuff at a stage door and it was an absolute nightmare. 

Glad it's the same with Adam and star wars

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You