News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for diamondbelt

Member Name: diamondbelt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most beautiful weddings in a show?
 Oct 22 2019, 08:33:19 AM

Not a wedding scene, but I do enjoy the engagement/ballroom crossover scene in Wicked.

WICKED tour performances cancelled in New Orleans following collapse of building next door
 Oct 18 2019, 03:11:17 AM

I hope they're able to recover everything and be in ATL soon. I don't remember the last time Wicked has cancelled a performance, let alone an entire week or entire engagement. Jan 2016 in Charlotte, NC is the last time I remember a cancelled performance. That is, of course based off of my limited following of this tour. They very well could have another by now. 

Roles on Broadway that are not normally wigged?
 Aug 4 2019, 03:48:47 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Gizel Jiminez said she's using her natural hair for WICKED (she's currently playing Nessa); that's not the case with every Nessa."

As far as I understand, Nessas aren't wigged. All of them appear in their natural hair. Though, I may be wrong so please correct me if need be. 

And while we're on Wicked, all of the principals (with the exception of Elphaba, Glinda, and Morrible) are wigless. 

Six heading to Broadway
 Aug 1 2019, 02:23:13 PM

ggersten said: "The Seymour/Boleyn crossover is changed in London too so I don't think it was based on Mueller."

It wasn't changed in London until recently. Within the last few weeks, specifically. It most certainly was based on Mueller. It sounds 100% better in London as they had it. Natalie Paris has the capability to sing over the Boleyn part and still be heard, Mueller does not.

Six heading to Broadway
 Aug 1 2019, 01:33:44 PM

Here're my (very blunt) thoughts on casting based off of the Chicago company. 

I don't like Abby Mueller as Seymour. She's too quiet, and thus her voice doesn't sit right with the others—especially during Megasix. I think the Seymour/Boleyn crossover was changed because she simply couldn't be heard distinctly. Mallory Maedke would do well in her place—nice, strong, powerful voice. 

I've fallen in love with Alexia McIntosh&#

73rd Tony Awards Performances
 May 13 2019, 07:14:15 PM
Hi, all. First post on here so I apologise if there's already a thread about this.

Who're we thinking will be performing this year? If I'm not mistaken, all Best Musical nominees will perform, right? What songs/numbers?

I'm curious if Wicked has secured a spot to commemorate the 15th anniversary like they did for the 10th.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You