News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DinaW

Member Name: DinaW
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown cast replacements
 Feb 7 2020, 12:24:07 PM

squip said: "steven22 said: "cookie17 said: "VotePeron said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Reeve Carney arguably has the best attendance out of any performer in a musical on Broadway. He has yet to have miss a show."

This includes zero vacation days - I wonder if he has a trip coming up soon? He’d probably want to vacation with Eva, but it could be tricky having them both out at the same time. Although, Mean Girls has given Erika

Graduating college in May having trouble picking a show
 Feb 5 2020, 11:28:31 AM

Hadestown is a must-see. I recommend trying to find cheap center mezzanine tickets close to the front, since the theater is pretty small and there is a fair bit of action above the stage. If you're going alone however, I highly recommend trying to snag a front row seat. The lights during Wait For Me will swing over your head and the experience is so much more heightened than if you were in the center mezz. I originally bought tickets for the second row of the center mezz and got luck

Jordan Fisher—DEH
 Jan 29 2020, 12:13:05 PM

mikey2573 said: "MollyJeanneMusic said: "Has there ever been an occasion, besides a gender-swap like Patina Miller in Pippin, where a key was brought up for an actor?"

Yes. When Howard McGillan (sp?) took over the role of Uncle Archie in the original Broadway run of THE SECRET GARDEN (replacing Mandy Patinkin) his songs were brought up to accommodate his voice.
"

If I'm not mistaken, when Timothy Hughes went on for Hades in December,

Frozen Tickets
 Oct 2 2019, 02:38:15 PM

I agree, I don’t think the fact that it’s a holiday is affecting the prices/availability nearly as much as the fact that February 16th is the last show for the 2 faces of Frozen, Caissie Levy and Patti Murin, as well Joe Carroll’s last show, who plays Hans.

Frozen 2 - first listen of "Into the Unknown"
 Oct 2 2019, 02:30:30 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "To be honest, I'm a little surprised that they didn't try to reuse one of the new songs from the musical."

I’m not surprised. The new songs from the musical were written for the plot of Frozen. While they’re amazing, it wouldn’t make sense to stick them in Frozen 2 because the plots are very different. Although, I think it would be kinda cool if maybe they used some instrumentals from the musical as a sort of tribute du

Frozen replacements
 Sep 25 2019, 02:44:20 PM

As much as I would love to see Christy Altomare play Anna, I think there is a pretty good chance the standbys for Caissie and Patti, Alyssa Fox and Aisha Jackson, are gonna end up taking over the roles. While I haven't seen either of them perform, I've heard great things about both and Disney might not want to search too hard for newer actresses considering the Frozen creative team is busy trying to cast the West End version and getting ready for the North American Tour.

Frozen Sunday matinee stage door?
 Jun 14 2019, 10:10:47 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Patti or Caissie have done the stage door yet duringthis calendar year. So unfortunately, I would say your chances are slim to none."

I know for a fact Patti has stage doored at least once or twice sometime this year, not sure about Caissie. However, they both rarely stage door in general. Everyone else is more of a hit or miss type situation. In fact, I would expect all leads to stage door except

Telecharge or Box Office
 Jun 2 2019, 12:26:01 AM

If you want cheaper tickets you'd either have to go on a site like TKTS or StubHub or go to the box office right when it opens to get rush tickets for an average of $40ish. But if you wanna do rush, you need get there before it opens otherwise the rush ticket's will have been bought already. Depending on the show, if the box office opens at 10 am, you could show up right at 10 or after, 9, 8, or even earlier.

Next Jenna in Waitress
 May 23 2019, 11:47:51 PM

WestEndGal said: "magictodo123 said: "Samantha Barks is leaving Pretty Woman. Could she be coming in, Shoshana will be out and Stephanie Torns will do a short stint until she comes in?"

Depends whether Samantha wants to go from the original lead in Pretty Womanto what will now be the 7th Jenna (not counting understudies) in Waitress! Also from the show perspective I don’t think Samantha is really a name that will bring the general public in, but I guess it depends on who they’re looking for.

"

Waitress has been relying on big names and/or stunt casts for months now, so I wouldn't expect them to bring in anyone who isn't well-known. At this point, the only reason Waitress is still open is because people come to see the big names. If they can't find another big name for Jenna or convince a previous Broadway Jenna to return (like they've been doing with the Dr. Pomatters), I would expect them to close soon unfortunately

Next Jenna in Waitress
 May 22 2019, 02:16:12 PM

alex814 said: "Just a thought: could they bring in Caissie Levy (who was apparently approached to replace) as Jenna? Gavin as Dr. Pommator and Will as Earl?

I’d pay regular price for a mini-Hair reunion like that.
"

I have been wanting Caissie to play Jenna for MONTHS, but because she did confirm she was staying in Frozen until February 2020, it unfortunately won't happen anytime soon. I'm definitely hoping for Waitress to be her next project

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You