News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for justthefacts2

justthefacts2 Profile Photo
Member Name: justthefacts2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Move along, move along.
Nothing to see here.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wallace Shawn Interview
 Mar 14 2006, 07:53:55 PM
In the March 13-20 issue of New York - what a fascinating man! His play, The Music Teacher, that opened March 6 at the Minetta Lane Theater is something I must see.
re: Broadway performers who SHOULD have solo albums
 Jan 10 2006, 08:22:24 PM
Victoria Clark
Daniel Davis - soft ballads from this man - long overdue
NLB

re: Please Read: My Message to the Members of BWW.com
 Dec 23 2005, 03:49:14 PM
willact4food - a little unsolicited advice on life from an Irish lady -

When they're beating up on your boys, you roll up your sleeves and get in there.

Back to the original subject....
 Dec 17 2005, 08:21:13 PM
Well, his performance you saw with your own eyes. Me too. The rest I read in a gossip column. That's really all I can say.

So, as for what I saw with my own eyes - I really hope I get to see it again.

Dec 17 2005, 06:10:07 PM
Great discussion, you guys! I think "intellectual" is his hallmark. He seems to be someone as impassioned about the artistic depth in the work - the way a teacher would be - as he is about the acting of it. I think acting is something a little different for him (forgive my flights of fancy here) - a way to step inside the words and images, pull the pages around him, so to speak, and walk though that world. The beautiful thing is, he can take the rest of us with him. What a gift! You are so
re: Aeon Flux
 Dec 3 2005, 10:36:27 PM
I was going to see it, but now I'm not so sure. What works in animation might just be too gross in live action. My biggest peeve is that the actor playing Trevor doesn't look anything like him. Both leads look too young and too round.

Anyway, I remember years ago thinking Liquid TV and Aeon FLux was some fantistic wierd little discovery of my own and no one else could possibly be watching this. I kind of wish they'd left Aeon Flux alone.

re: Your favorite Christmas cds
 Dec 1 2005, 10:09:07 PM
"I love Barbra's first Christmas album, totally amazing."

Did she sing Ave Maria on that? I heard her singing it last Christmas, and it sent chills through me - it was so beautiful! Maybe I'll get that cd.

Nov 29 2005, 10:52:08 PM
Thank you, Sam. Thank you so much. The character assassination that happened to him is exactly what I and others have been protesting.

Diva, I don't know you and I don't know your story. There's one thing I do know about you, though...fireflies. I still remember your firefly post last summer. That's the kind of stuff that stays with me about people. I have to be fair. Love the fireflies - hate what you say about Davis.

TheatreDiva
 Nov 28 2005, 08:16:40 PM
When he comes back to Broadway, Diva, I will personally buy you a ticket.
re: Your favorite Christmas cds
 Nov 28 2005, 08:05:49 PM
The Clancy Brothers Christmas.
I saw him as Antonio Salieri...
 Nov 27 2005, 12:23:39 PM
Do you remember the original Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin playing a man locked in eternal struggle with his anti-matter self? Sometime I feel that's you and I, DIva, in some alternate Daniel Davis debate dimension.

Nov 27 2005, 11:33:00 AM
All the best people make that wish for themselves on their birthdays.

So I accept your compliment on behalf of Mr. Davis.

re: The Little Prince
 Nov 26 2005, 09:00:12 PM
I remember a few months ago there was a thread about songs that bring tears to your eyes, and I'd said "Little Prince, From Who Knows Where?", sung by RIchard Kiley. I haven't seen this in so long, maybe 15 years or more, but the line from that song "please, Little Prince, don't take your smile away from me," still haunts me. I can still hear it in my head. Mr. Roxy, am I remembering it right?
 Nov 26 2005, 08:17:00 PM
"Thru The Moebius Strip" was definitely pre-La Cage - and probably pre-Frogs. Nothing to do with Harvey & crew, just a working actor making money, as Rath says. With that voice - why not? There are probably any number of projects he's contemplating right now.

Also, if he had been under contract to La Cage until 11/05 - which I'd read he was - then he wouldn't have signed onto any other major projects that would have been released or produced by now.

I'm going to bet he does

re: Daniel Davis
 Nov 26 2005, 07:38:26 PM
I think the cartoon was done before La Cage.

If he never works again in New York, I'd think that would be his choice and the loss of those of us who live here not to get to see him live without paying airfare.

He was magnificent in that show - you're right.

re: Dear Oscar: The Oscar Wilde Musical
 Nov 21 2005, 08:43:05 PM
Was it a musical about Oscar Wilde, or a musical based on one of his plays? I remember a PBS production from maybe the early 80's called "Feasting With Panthers" - it was about Oscar Wilde. That's probably not what you're talking about. By the way, did anyone see the Irish Rep production a couple of years ago based on the Picture of Dorian Gray? I think there was some music in that.
re: Man of La Mancha: thoughts?
 Nov 21 2005, 08:34:27 PM
By the way, I think that "The Impossible Dream" is impossible for a woman to sing - it just doesn't match the female voice, somehow. It just doesn't sound good. What do you guys think?
re: Which Actors Should Return to Broadway?
 Nov 16 2005, 10:14:39 PM
Alan Rickman
Daniel Davis

re: Gavin Creel, Raul Esparza, Cheyenne Jackson
 Jul 23 2005, 03:24:05 PM
esl, I've thought a lot about the difference between your position and mine on this issue - and those with whom we line up about this. I'm about protecting the individual - everything luv was saying before. You are about compromising individuals, if necessary, to protect a community. It's a dichotomy that applies not only to the gay community but to every social issue in history in which people have struggled for freedom. There's never been an easy answer. On different issues, our positions
re: Gavin Creel, Raul Esparza, Cheyenne Jackson
 Jul 23 2005, 12:29:33 PM
luv, "These people aren't objects" is the smartest thing that's been said on this board, the most compassionate thing, and it badly needed to be said.

Individual liberty and human dignity is about not having to have any part of you put to someone else's personal, social or political use.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You