News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mrcacou

mrcacou Profile Photo
Member Name: mrcacou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: No matter what you say,
Children won't listen.
No matter what you know,
Children refuse to learn.
Guide them along the way,
Still, they won't listen.
Children can only grow
From something you love,
To something you lose!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Follies- Theatre du Chatelet
 Apr 23 2014, 04:49:53 PM
It was not at le Châtelet in Paris but the Toulon Opera down South. It was shown on TV here. The editing was awful but it was still a good experience except for a few actors that were not up to it IMHO.
Is Les Miserables popular in France?
 Feb 28 2013, 11:05:18 AM
About the French Original Album, it was a concept cast with all the popular pop singers of that time. That is a part of why it was a success then.
Is Les Miserables popular in France?
 Feb 27 2013, 10:39:59 AM
Guys. You have to stop watching Fox News. English is widely popular in France. If you want a country where people only speak one language go to the UK or the US where your own language is not even mastered (I lived in South Carolina and NY for a few years). Kids are taught two foreign languages in school here sometimes three. Oh, and we have running water and electricity just so you know and French fries are actually from Belgium. Sorry for the obnoxious French rectification but some of the comm
deux questions
 Feb 18 2013, 03:24:58 AM
The whole thing will be in English with French subtitles as always.
Hunter Ryan Herdlicka & Elaine Stritch?
 Feb 15 2013, 09:20:09 AM
As long as it does not end like Harold and Maude.
Der Gl?ckner von Notre Dame English Lyrics?
 Jan 22 2013, 04:34:34 AM
The English Lyrics exist for sure. The show was rehearsed in English in NYC at first. There was a time you could find those lyrics on line.
OBCR of FOLLIES remixed and remastered!
 Jul 30 2012, 10:21:41 AM
I must admit I am a bit jealous of you all as mine has not arrived here in Paris yet. Can't wait to get mine and listen to it while waiting for the first production ever of that masterpiece in France in a few months.
GHOST understudies?
 Jan 25 2012, 04:41:23 PM
Josh Franklin is covering Sam I think.
Dimanche dans le Parc avec George
 Nov 22 2011, 04:24:32 PM
We've had some strong musical theatre here the way you do it in the US. only a few though. We do not have that culture here. How many high school do produce a musical in France ? Well I would say not even a hundred. We had great shows like Starmania (Tycoon in English with lyrics by Time Rice), La Légende de Jimmy (a James Dean based show) or on a smaller scale Camille C. (a lot better than the one by Wildhorn IMHO).
 Nov 22 2011, 01:34:09 PM
Le Théâtre du Châtelet is indeed a non profit house, however, it is rumored that those lavish productions were so expensive to put on that they had to schedule The Sound of Music again this year for Christmas. We got the same production two years ago and they need to break even with the lavish sets and costumes.
 Nov 21 2011, 09:48:03 AM
What we call "Musical Theatre" is very different from what one would find on Broadway. If some of you recall Notre Dame de Paris in either Vegas or London, that's what the audience mostly expect. Poor music, bad lyrics, songs that do not help the story telling, bad actors ...... We are getting Broadway shows now like Lion King, Mamma Mia or Sister Act. We even have a French version of Young Frankenstein that started a couple months ago and that is far better UMHO than the Broadway one with a LOT
Debra Byrne & Hugh Jackman in Sunset Boulevard
 Oct 15 2011, 03:19:55 AM
That rendition of "The perfect year" really moved me. Love the two of them.
Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?
 Oct 3 2011, 08:03:08 AM
OLC Chicago with Ute Lemper and Ruthie Henshall
OLC Billy Elliot
NBC A Chorus Line

Sweeney Todd in Paris - Stunning!
 May 13 2011, 07:08:54 PM
Went back tonight for the fourth time. How I love this production. You can also download a podcast of 42ème rue on iTunes where they featured principals of this production. The podcast is going to be available for another week or so so hurry, it'll be a way to save some of these performances.
Priscilla Pictures in the Recoding Studio
 Jan 27 2011, 06:21:38 PM
I have a big question. Does the fact we do not see any single ensemble member mean that the chorus are pre-recorded like they do in some shows nowadays ?
Theater in Paris! Help!
 Jan 28 2010, 08:54:12 AM
Well we have two big musicals over here at the moment, the Lion King and Zorro. Zorro is fun to watch. Fiddler on the Roof, Le violon sur le Toit, is also back but does not start until next week.
Has far as public theatres are concerned you can either try the Opera Garnier, Théâtre du Châtelet or the Opéra Bastille at the moment. The theatre district is in fact a little bit of the second arrondissement and large part of the 9th.
La Comédie Française has great theatres indeed but
PM

Michelle Williams to join cast of CHICAGO
 Jan 6 2010, 01:05:28 PM
When doing it in London she was an OK Roxie. Not the best for sure though.
re: TOP TEN MUSICALS OF THE 21st CENTURY... SO FAR.
 Dec 4 2009, 08:39:57 AM
In no particular order :

The Producers
The Witches of Eastwick
The Beautiful Game
Hairspray
Avenue Q
Wicked
Next To Normal
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Sister Act
Aida

re: Oliver!
 Jul 16 2009, 06:19:57 AM
Saw it yesterday right after Sister Act. Loved it.... again. Rowan Atkinson leaves the show on July 18th. Posters with his replacement are everywhere in the Tube now.
re: Who is your favorite foreign Broadway performer?
 Apr 15 2009, 07:40:52 AM
Am I the only one who loved Ute Lemper's Velma Kelly ?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You